“Delicious”

Persepolis Lounge and Grill
Ranked #114 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Centre Hall, Pennsylvania
“Delicious”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I ate here our last night in Savannah. The service was excellent and the food was even better. I had the domeh and my husband had the gyro platter. The portions were huge and I so wanted to eat my entire meal because it was so good. If we lived in Savannah this would definitely be a regular stop for us!

Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
Savannah, Georgia
“Loosen your belts!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband, and I made a bet that we could outdo each other on the ratings of restaurants in Savannah. I qualify because I have lived here over 30 years, and I consider myself a pretty good chef! He qualifies as he is a bona fide Savannahian, and his mother was the "end-all" of southern cuisine. (Sorry Paula Deen!). So tonight was the first night of our experiment, and wouldn't you know, he leads the contest!! He chose a restaurant that goes by the name of PERSEPOLIS, newly opened 4 months ago, and as much as I would like to keep it a secret, it would not be fair! The food is Incredible and extremely generous, the ambience is quite unique, and the owners and wait staff (john) went out of the norm to make sure that all was well and everyone was happy!. The menu is a treat of Persian/Greek delicacies, and I can assure you that every bite will be a taste treat.! The Greek Salad with lightly batter calamari, the Babaganesh (smoked eggplant with tomatoes and garlic), the Spano
akopitakia, created in several different manners, and the Dolmeh was just to tease the the taste buds. The entree's were incredibly creative, and the marinated chicken was the best that I have had. There were also several different rice dishes that included sauteed orange peel, almonds , lentils, and saffron seasonings. I am truly grateful that Savannah was chosen as the setting of this gem of culinary delight!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank vancooks
Las Vegas, Nevada
“"Persian City" Gem Not to be Missed!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We joined another couple for dinner here in Downtown Savannah....a newly opened restaurant by the name of Persepolis. The name alone intrigued me. The restaurant had a lovely inviting overtone to it and the staff was friendly, efficient, and well versed on the menu items. Everything was fresh, and homemade by the owner/chef Patty. I can go on and on, but let me just say, it is some of the best Mediterranean food we have EVER had. This is a testament to her love and commitment to diners...to fill them with exceptional, extraordinarily memorable good cuisine. Do not forget to order dessert ! Bravo Patty and Ali

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CierraBrooklyn
Los Angeles, CA USA
“Wonderful flavors, delicious food, and great service.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've enjoyed Iranian/Persian food before and this was the best I've had. The chef knows her profession and marries flavors to make every bite a treat. The kabobs we had were perfectly cooked and flavored. The tzatziki is thick and spiced just right. Even a simple rice side dish with citrus was exceptional. The service was friendly and attentive and the chef came out to ask if we were happy. If I lived in this city, this would be a regular destination.

Visited May 2014
St. Louis
“Nice for a change”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The atmosphere is friendly. The service was good and the food was tasty. Only wine and beer is available for alcoholic drinks.

• Visited June 2014