“Excellent, excellent, excellent!”

Cuisines: Greek, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just had dinner at Persepolis. My husband and I had the chicken shish kebabs, after enjoying the sample platter appetizer. The appetizer platter includes four items of your choice, and we had smoked eggplant, fried calamari, dolma and spanakopita. It was served with tzatziki, greek olives and pita points. It was great. Then came our entrees. A large kebab of the most tender, moist chicken I think I have ever tasted, served with grilled onions, and peppers. A large serving of rice with almonds, pistachios, barberries and saffron. Delish! We also had julienned zucchini, onions, mushrooms and peppers that were seasoned and sauteed. It was by far one of the best meals that I have ever had anywhere. Finished with Persian hazlenut coffee. I cannot rave about this restaurant more. You will not be disappointed. We left the restaurant stuffed and extremely happy that with all the restaurants in Savannah, we picked one of the very best!

1  Thank lila173

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The owners originally had a place over on Montgomery St. across from the courthouse, but it closed down, and this is the reincarnation--the other was a cozy cafe kinda thing--this is more upscale. It looks wonderful inside: soft lighting, Persian art, hookahs lining the bar, a staircase leading up to a semi-secluded dining area. The food is still very good, however, one person's dinner, appetizer, and drink is gonna run at least $40, so it's not a cheap place to stop for dinner. The meats are tender and well-seasoned (though portions can run small on the kabobs) and the Koobideh, ground meats formed in a long piece then grilled are also good--portions are plenty.The hummus is excellent, rich and tasty, and the pita, what you get of it, is very good. The rice dishes are worth mentioning as there are several types, fragrant and lovely with saffron, almonds, sultanas and such. I did love the salad--my favorite is the Village Salad made of crisp purple onion, kalamata olives (watch for pits!), baby tomatoes in red and yellow, cucumber chunks, big cubes of salty feta cheese and whole pepperoncini, with fresh, plump raspberries and blackberries on the side which give the whole taste a delicate, pleasing sweetness, never overwhelming, which is brought out beautifully by the citrus dressing and a splash of extra virgin olive oil, provided in its own little white pitcher. There are 33 flavors of shisha here, fruit-flavored tobacco, to smoke in the hookahs, and if you've never tried this, you should, definitely! Elegant, tastefully decorated, good food,--a nice evening out!

1  Thank Heart_of_Imladris
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was skeptical about the food in a small restaurant in Savannah matching our amazing Persian or Greek food experiences in Berlin or London - Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco or DC. This place was simply amazing. ALL of the food is made by Pari, a charming and sweet whirlwind of a chef who single-handedly cooks every dish in the kitchen - without a single other person there to help, as you watch her calmly walking back and forth in the open kitchen, wondering how one person is managing everything....making it all the more remarkable that the food is so unbelievable in quality, presentation, balance, flavor. She makes the absolute best mixed rices, the only TRUE filet kabobs we have had, lovely side dishes.... and the Greek food is as good. Our Greek waiter was so helpful, all smiles and also very charming, as was the host, Pari's husband. This is a wonderful restaurant we hope to visit any time we are in Savannah. We hope it gets the attention it deserves.

6  Thank Matars_Z
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am from Miami and we do have lots of choices in my beautiful city, however I have to say that this restaurant can compete with any restaurant. I have Persian friends in Miami and regularly go to eat at their house and this food was as tasty as home cooked food. The service was great and the owner/chef comes and talks to all customers. Highly recommend this place

1  Thank cariperez
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I had dinner here this evening and it was one of the best meals we had in a long time.. We live in Beaufort and it was worth the time to drive to Savannah after reviewing the restaurant on TripAdvisor. We shared a plate of appetizers which were absolutely delicious. We had the fried calamari, hummus, dolmeh and a eggplant dish with garlic served with warm soft pita bread. We loved everything. My husband had the chicken kabob and I had the chicken and beef kabob. We had some delicious tzatziki sauce to go with the chicken. Our chicken was so moist and flavorful. We both had the vegetables and my husband wasn't going to try them, but I told him how good they were so he did try them and ate every bite. I had the rice with the orange peel and he had the plain saffron rice. Outstanding service and fabulous meal. The chef is a master at seasoning food!! We can't wait to go,back.