“Best place to stay in Savannah!”

Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best place to stay in Savannah!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My new husband and I chose to stay at one of the Armstrong Inns, called the Chatham Suite, during our wedding weekend in Savannah earlier this month. We wanted something different, and more special than the typical hotel. When searching for special or unique places to stay, nothing really seemed appropriate, until I found the Armstrong Inns.

I read almost every TripAdvisor review, most of which raved about their experiences. I then called the owner Monique, to book it, because I was sold. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did. It was such a wonderful experience, from Start to finish! The location was great, as the properties were just a short walk, or even shorter drive to the river, and the pedi-taxis were also available.

We stayed in the Chatham Suite, which is the top two floors of one house. My best friend stayed in the Garden Suite, which was the lower level of the house. Both were amazing! I honestly couldn't tell you which I liked better. They were both beautifully decorated, and each had special touches which will make it had to chose which to stay at on our next visit. One thing I can say for sure, is that wild houses couldn't keep me away from staying again!

As other reviews have noted, the treats that they brought each day were wonderful, as were the breakfasts. My only complaint, is that my friend received a chocolate peach pastry that was AMAZING, but I did not. I really want that recipe, because it was divine, and I was jealous! The coffee that they provide is locally roasted, and absolutely delicious. I brought a bag of it home with me, and wish I had gotten more than one, as it's wonderful coffee and made our experience that much more enjoyable.

My sister stayed at the Tatnall House, which was basically 5 houses down from ours, and it was really nice too. It was more spacious, which is great if you have a larger family, like she does. She arrived later in the evening, and Monique couldn't have been more courteous when taking time out of her evening to meet them with the keys.

In all it was an amazing experience. I cannot recommend The Armstrong Inns highly enough - it was wonderful experience!

Room Tip: They are all really beautiful. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them!
1 Thank Angela L
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear bride
Everything was going your way during your special weekend. As smooth as can be. I am glad we could make a difference. All the joy and Love from your wedding weekend have left a delicate scent of peace and serenity in the inns. Thank you for the good memories.
My best wishes to all,

Monique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the Tattnall Inn and had the whole, lovely home to ourselves. A fantastic location for exploring the beautiful city of Savannah. Just blocks from Forsyth Park where SCAD was hosting its Sidewalk Art Fair. If you are in Savannah when this occurs, don't miss it! As mentioned by others, the "extras" from Monique were wonderful - afternoon sweets (to die for!), a bottle of shiraz with an appetizer, and a huge breakfast each morning with fruit, homemade muffins/biscuits, quiche one day and peach pancakes the other, bacon or sausage. This home must have been built in the 1800s, but it was quiet, the air conditioning worked beautifully, and it had absolutely everything we needed. We will definitely try to come back to Savannah and stay here again -

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear guest of the Tattnall House,

Merci mille fois for your thoughtful review. Indeed, the sidewalk Art Fair is a lot of fun. Forsyth Park is the ideal setting for that kind of event. I loved an art show, few years back, featuring paintings 2 story high spread out throughout the section of the park where are the trees, right before we get to the fountain, coming from the Tattnall House. Just the way they were hung was amazing. Life is great in Forsight Park. I wish I had more time to get out there.

All reviews make a difference. It helps discrimating voyagers to custom their travel activities to their personal needs. Your review makes a difference to all of us around. Thank you again.

Yours truly,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at the Jenkins House and it was very lovely for my mother, 2 sister's and niece. Monique was very helpful at explaining all the functions of the house and where to go in Savannah. Bring your walking shoes as this house is about 1/2 mile from the downtown, but it's a great walk. The breakfast was great it was quiche and we ended up eating it for dinner, because we wanted to have Easter brunch at a location close to St. John the Baptist church (beautiful church to visit, especially on Easter). The art work in the house was great, most of it done by the owner's husband - the beds were very comfortable, with big featherbeds, so it felt luxurious. It rained a lot while we were in Savannah, so having the fireplace was so warm and relaxing, we felt pampered. Monique provided us with nice treats and a good bottle of wine, it was such a nice touch. The house is located very close to the street, but it was not too noisy at night. Thanks, Monique, for a nice time.

Room Tip: The Jenkins house is it's own 2 bedroom house including a nice kitchen.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara S
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sara, It was good to see you girls having such a great time in Savannah. Walking shoes – Absolutely. A wise woman advise for futur visitors: Your preferred activity in Savannah will be strolling, strolling some more, just a little further, in a circle, around and around, backward. Ah! Did you see that? Let’s go check this out a little. Lets’ come back here when we have some time. Yah! Until you cannot walk anymore or almost. Our city is merciful to its ardent explorators. There is always a pedicab or a trolley around to rescue you from indulging in peek-a-boos. Two square miles of indulgences. Do not try to do it all in a couple of days. You are in Slowvannah, you see. Relaxing and smelling the roses is more than plenty to do in our neck of the South. And then, you come home to do some more exercise in the lazy bums style. Only then, you deserve Monique’s award of 5-star guests.
Life is good in the South!

Au plaisir

TN
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here based on the input of Trip Advisor Guests and it was great! Monique, the owner is so loving and kind. We felt very welcome and they were so accommodating. We stayed at the Carriage House. It was perfectly appointed. Can't go wrong if you stay here. Here husband by the way is a very good artist. His paintings and artwork are throughout the Inn.

Room Tip: The carriage house has steps up to the bedroom so be mindful of lugging heavy baggage. The shower is...
Park City
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I expected a bed and breakfast. What I got was a home, a magical city and a friend. The innkeeper, Monique charmed me from the first moment we talked. The breakfast was more than we could ever eat and delicious as well. We are on a month-long road trip and felt like this was home. I hated to leave. Even to go visit my real family.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in the Carriage House, dutifully run by the most hospitable hostess ...Monique Armstrong and her staff. We felt as if every accomadation was there for us. The incredible breakfast each morning was so perfect. We felt as if it was a five star restaurant chef making those early morning meals....and eating in the quaint garden added to our happiness. Thank you Monique so much for your hospitality . Everything anyone could ask for in a B&B is within your Armstrong Inns!..Seriously!

Rosharon, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've just returned from our first visit to Savannah and Armstrong Inns Carriage House. Monique made us feel welcome from the moment she opened the door. We thoroughly enjoyed staying in the Carriage House with it's private courtyard and meeting Monique and some of her staff. The home was very clean and inviting, exactly as pictured and described. The private courtyard with bubbling fountain and flowers everywhere was a welcome oasis at the end of a busy "tourist" day and we made use of the gas fireplace on a rainy evening to chase away the chill. We felt very comfortable in the carriage house. Every effort was made to see to our comfort and enjoyment from the feather bed & pillows to the abundance of good food. We particularly liked the fact that a fresh breakfast was always waiting in the frig for the next morning and each afternoon a tray of snacks awaited our return! Heating up breakfast was no problem and the variety of foods was very good, from stuffed french toast and fresh fruit to quiche & sausage. We have no complaints whatsoever about the food and would gladly return for a longer stay. Also, we left an item behind and that afternoon received an email stating they would mail it to us. It beat us home! Thank you ladies!