“GREAT LOCATION”

Ranked #26 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Bayfield, Canada
“GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Just returned from a 5 night visit to Savannah and was really impressed with our hotel. Spacious king with comfortable bed and ample seating, good selection of food for breakfast which is included in room rate, friendly and helpful staff and great location for walking to all the squares, restaurants, River Street and Visitors Centre.
Upon arriving at Savannah airport, our pre-booked van from Coastal Regional Coaches was awaiting us and the fare is only $3.00 per senior One Way. Please have exact change. They provide this service Monday to Friday inclusive 6:00 am to 6:00 pm 1-866-543-6744

Chatham Area Transit(CAT) offers service to and from airport for .75 cents per senior one way, and $1.50 I think for adults. Their schedule did not meet our requirements for arrival and departure times. 1-912-233-5767

Hope this helps you when you plan your trip to Savannah

Because there is no restaurant onsite. only a large breakfast room, I did not give any ratings for restaurant below.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We thought we had booked into the other Hampton Inn on Bay Street; but after staying at this one on MLK, we were very happy with our choice. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The included hot breakfast buffet was amazing and really saved us a lot of money. Valet parking fees seem to be the norm in the historic district of Savannah, but this Hampton Inn was $5.00 less than it would have been at the Bay Street location. The Inn & Suites is just a couple of blocks from the Visitor's Center, where we could park on the day of our late departure. We walked everywhere and found that being several blocks south of the river made everything more accessible on foot.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front on the 4th floor, and it was quiet enough for sleeping late even with rus...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Lakeland, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is the second year in a row I have stayed here for a conference. The bad stuff: They changed from free parking to valet parking, and the valet parking was HORRIBLE! The guy told me the wrong number to call (so I called a guest's room!); when I finally was connected to them, I asked for my car, but when I got downstairs, I still had to wait in line and give them my ticket. Then they adjusted my steering wheel, my seat, my mirrors, etc. It's like they pushed every button in the car. Come on! Also bad: only one elevator, and it was verrrrrry slow.

Good: the rooms are gorgeous and the beds are really comfy. They still have cookies. The wireless internet works well. The breakfast is outstanding for a chain-- bacon, scrambled eggs, waffles, yum!

Room Tip: try to avoid the valet parking!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
greenville sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed here five nights. I got to know several of the staff and found everyone courteous and helpful. When I found out I needed to stay over an extra night, the front desk folks worked with me to watch the cancellations so I could stay in the same room. The parking vallet system works well. The breakfast has a good deal of variety and there is plenty of seating room. Nice lounge area off the lobby with comfortable furniture and a large TV. There are some outside tables and chairs that are convienent for waiting while the vallet's bring your car up, or for enjoying breakfast outside.

Room Tip: There is a nice wide stair case in the lobby that goes to the 2nd floor where the meeting rooms are...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta ,Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Spent Labor Day weekend with 4 kids ages 7-17. Hotel clean and has "at home" kind of feeling. Front desk I think... Jamilah was great. Granted a late check-out with a smile. Breakfast area had typical crowd of a holiday and typical midgrade hotel breakfast. Nice "tucked in a corner", quaint sitting area. Although it was a holiday weekend my teenage girls still needed to have a study hour, and the area was perfect. Great hideaway to read or just relax outside of hotel room.

Walking distance to River Street and dining, but please be advised that the hotel is on the outer edge of the center of attraction and it will require a longer stroll. Don't fret enjoy the trees, shade, and scenery Check out the albums on the table in the lobby, It provides some nice historic pics and info. I also noticed that many booked the ghost tour.

We drove to Tybee Island for a beach day, island is not far away. We REALLY enjoyed the island being fairly close to the hotel as well. It allowed us to experience Savannah's River Street and a little island flavor all in one trip.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JOJO6
Lula, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Very clean property, good location for walking! On the edge of the historic district in a walking town. Can walk to City Market, River Street, Visitor's Center, lots of resturants. Definitely a repeat visit is in order!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side, street side is a little noisy
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AB_Lula
Blois, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the early september.
The exterior look of the hotel is terrific, the lobby is well decorated too.
Our rooms (one double queen bed and one king) were nice, typically hampton (in a good way). Bathroom was big but our shower (no tub) looked dirty because the paint was peeling in the shower tray.
All hampton hotels have free wifi and breakfast and that's a big plus for me!
The pool was nice (it would be a lot better with more lounge chairs for everybody), clean and warm.
The location could be better (you have to walk a little bit to go to the main entertainment area with all the restaurants) but overall it was a nice stay and we would probably be back if we have to go in Savannah again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Angela31328, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for your review of out property! I appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve upon our guests' experiences. Will you please let me know what room you were in so that we can address the paint issue in the bathroom area?

Please let me know if you need assistance in the future. I am more than happy to assit you personally with your future travel into Savannah.