Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
US$184
US$252
US$226
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$219
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,527 results
All reviewshistoric districtgirl scoutswithin walking distancecookiesvisitor centertrolley tourscity marketself parkingthe riverwould stay here againtwo blocksfree breakfastthe breakfast areafront desk staffconvenient locationyogurtbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We traveled to Savannah to elope with a few family members. Melinda and her staff were so helpful from the beginning. There were trusted with important details for which they completed flawlessly. The rooms were oh so clean and fresh and the staff was awesome. Our friend called and asked the staff to purchase a gift and a card and put in our room and they did just that, my friend was so pleased with the service.

Thank you to all the staff for taking such good care of us!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bridge!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this Savannah Hampton Inn in October of 2013. Upon my departure, I almost immediately realized I had left my Kindle in the room. Within an hour of my departure, I called the hotel and was transferred to the housekeeping supervisor and left a detailed message regarding my Kindle. After repeated calls without a response, I asked for the manager, and miraculously, got right through to housekeeping. My Kindle had not been turned in. The next day, I noticed that ebooks were being charged to my Kindle account. I contacted Amazon and had the Kindle deactivated. Three months later, I was contacted by the Pooler (nearby town in Georgia) Police Department, letting me know that my Kindle had been recovered after being identified as stolen property when it was advertised on Craig's List. I got my Kindle back intact, and contacted the Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District thinking they might be interested in knowing that someone on their housekeeping staff was a thief. They were not in the least interested. There are lots of very nice hotels in Savannah. This is not one of them. Mary - Indianapolis

Room Tip: FInd a room elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MMC57
Reviewed 8 January 2014

From the moment you try to park at this Hampton Inn the frustration begins! Not only is the parking on site inadequate the overflow parking is located in an undeveloped lot across a busy street. After I struggled to park my car Hampton inn had the nerve to charge a hefty fee for using their parking facility. I'm left wondering why? Not all Hampton Inns charge to park. The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. Our was room located on the second floor, the noise from the busy street could be heard up until about 11pm when it became quiet. The hotel is near a busy bus terminal. If you move up a couple of floors you most likely wouldn't hear the street noise. I actually enjoyed watching the city traffic from our window. Our King-size bed was super comfortable and the room was clean. The concierge was less than helpful as he offered little help other than a map of the city. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices for any diet.

Room Tip: Choose a floor higher up if you need quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is located about 8 blocks from River Street so there is all the convenience and none of the noise and crowd. The furnishings were great and the bed was very comfortable (which I have come to expect from Hampton Inns). We enjoyed walking to the City Market. Anna's is a great restaurant if you get to the City Market.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights at the end of December. It was fine. Not bad, but not stellar.

The staff we interacted with were exceptionally nice and helpful. The rooms were fine; a little on the small side for a studio suite, but it had a very good fridge which is unusual. The breakfast was meh, but there are enough good restaurants in Savannah that we certainly did not depend on the breakfast.

An advantage of the hotel is the location. It is close to city market and within walking distance of the river front shops, but it is also within walking distance of other areas of Savannah and restaurants like the Crystal Beer Parlor which would be a pretty far walk from hotels on Bay. If going back with the kids we would stay here again, we might choose to stay in an Inn if it were an adult trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family