Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
The DeSoto(Savannah)
US$220
US$191
  • Pool
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$174
US$158
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$224
Travelocity
1,511 results
All reviewshistoric districtgirl scoutswithin walking distancecookiesvisitor centertrolley tourscity marketself parkingthe riverwould stay here againtwo blocksfree breakfastthe breakfast areafront desk staffconvenient locationyogurtbeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We wanted a room at the Hampton Inn closer to the river bit they only had king rooms available. This hotel is at the far edge of the historic district--not too far but not in the heart of everything. Our room was on the first floor, facing Oglethorpe and directly across the street from the bus terminal. It was loud all of the time with street noise and people walking by. We even had people knock on our window. The parking lot on.property was always full so we had to park at the Embassy Suites garage a block away...for which we had to pay $15/night. Breakfast was awful--instant eggs, watery oatmeal and a broken toaster. The coffee had no taste and looked like it had been watered down. The staff was friendly which is the only thing that kept me from rating this property a 1. We'll be back to Savannah but not at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aanniea
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We only had two main gripes about this place, and both were probably unavoidable--the place was PACKED with Girl Scouts and the elevators were all broken. That said, if you could get to the breakfast buffet, it was good, and if you could scale the five flights of stairs to your room, it was all right. The shower was a little ramshackle and the room was actually pretty small, but it was comfortable and clean enough. The location was excellent for our purposes and overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace m
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel during St Patrick's Day weekend, which was a very busy weekend in Savannah! I must say that it was very well organized,considering the amount of people in town for that time. There was a gentleman named William and another young lady at the front desk when we checked in and they were extremely helpful and welcoming! They gave us wristbands at the time of check-in, which I have never experienced before, but they explained that it was to keep people that were not guest out of the hotel. I like that bc as a woman travelling, at times I do feel concerned about safety. The location was spot on, it was literally a 10 minute walk from River Street which was perfect! The hotel was extremely clean and just beautiful all around. I enjoyed my stay and would def stay again! The only concern I did have was the parking, which was $15 a day, but at least I know that my car is somewhat safe and the fact that just anybody could not come in, was somewhat comforting. (You have to have a room key to access the parking garage, so to me that somewhat guarantees I have a parking spot lol )..Plus it is somewhat expected when staying downtown, but I do feel at the price point these rooms are set at, they could include parking as an extra bonus :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmberB91
Reviewed 25 March 2014

lovely hotel in a great location but parking is very expensive. I don't think I would stay here again as I scouted around and found several nice hotels in the area that did not charge for parking. At $15 a night, that added an additional $30 to my bill just for a place to leave my car. Most hotels I stay at do not charge for this.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Bille C
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our daughter was recently accepted at SCAD and we wanted to stay at a hotel that was close to her dorms and some of the SCAD buildings. After doing some research we found this would be a good location. Once we arrived we found that it was not only close to our daughters dorm but also close to the museum and book store. It also was in a great location to walk to the downtown district and parks. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had coffee and drinks throughout the day and always had a staff member to greet you. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The staff kept the breakfast and coffee fresh and warm. The only negatives we can think of was the parking. It fills up fast. Don't try to park on the side area or else the garbage truck will take your vehicle out. They do offer "valet" but it didn't seem too effective the time we used it. You can find parking in the new parking garage but it is a bit of a walk. Other than that we have been very pleased with the past couple visits and will continue to stay there during our daughters college career.

Room Tip: The elevators are a little slower so maybe book a lower floor room and if you want to sleep in put on your don't disturb sign or else housekeeping will be at your door super early.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family