I choose this hotel for this past weekend as my wife was coming to visit and bringing our dog. Didn't want to stay on Hunter as I currently am so I looked for places near the river that were dog friendly. This place is a great location right on Bay street and the price was way better than I would have expected (used a military discount but the standard and AAA prices are quite good). The lobby is a nice lobby, seems that all the hotels on the river make that a point of emphasis. The stay started rough as the room I was given initially had only been partially cleaned. Appeared as if whoever started cleaning got distracted and stopped as there were still dirty towels in the room. I was pretty disappointed by that but the front desk staff quickly corrected it and switched my rooms. I have seen complaints about the rooms not being "suites" but I would have to disagree. For the price the room is more than adequate with a fridge, small stovetop, etc if you need that (although with all the places to eat I am not sure I would ever utilize it). Breakfast was hit/miss. Missed huge on Saturday as there was really no hot dishes and I opted not to eat at the hotel, however on Sunday they had hot dishes that were more what I expected and since it doesn't cost extra was more than adequate. The staff were all very friendly. Many of the staff actually seemed to enjoys dogs which is nice as our dog is still fairly new to us from a shelter and although very well behaved we are not comfortable leaving her in a kennel yet to travel. The concierge is helpful and quite pleasant to deal with, I can't remember the gentleman's name but he will assist in getting rides, scheduling events, etc and is just a genuinely nice person to deal with. All in all the weekend started rough but I didn't want to have to check out by the end. I would certainly stay here again if my dog was coming back with me, if not I may try others but I wouldn't hesitate to have my friends/family stay there with us when we bring out pet.
Helpful travel hint, bring your own bottled water with you. The hotel has some but charges you for it and if you aren't from Savannah or the coastal south east you probably will not enjoy the sulfur taste present in the areas water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Comfortable @ the Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District. The Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District is located @ Bay and Lincoln Streets in the Heart of the Savannah Historic District , two blocks from the Holiday Inn Mulberry and one block from the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Historic District. Just steps from our hotel you can explore famous River Street, Factor s Walk, Old Savannah Tours or indulge in the shops and restaurants of City Market River Street. Make your reservations early, but don t miss Paula Deen 's famous Lady & Sons Restaurant. Our location offers near proximity to I-95, the Savannah Hilton Head Int l Airport (SAV), the Savannah Port Authority, Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), Tybee Island beaches & numerous corporations including JCB, Gulfstream, Flight Safety, and Memorial Health.The Staybridge Suites offers suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, Cable TV w/HBO, free wired & wireless Internet and direct dial phone number w/ personalized voicemail. Other features include 24 hour business center with free Internet, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, free deluxe breakfast buffet & evening Sundowner receptions (Tuesday-Thursday). Staybridge Suites is a member of the IHG family of brands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Staybridge Suites