“Lots of amenities”

Ranked #39 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Iowa
“Lots of amenities”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed one night. The location is perfect and the parking is a plus. The hotel is clean and updated. The staff was very friendly. During the evening social hour and the breakfast we enjoyed visiting with many guests. We thought it was a little pricey and the doors slam hard, but that is everywhere. Overall a nice place. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa Q, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again on your next trip to Savannah. Warm Regards, Vanessa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel and were very pleased. There's parking in a lot right behind the hotel and when that is filled you park in the parking garage next to the lot. The front desk clerk was so nice during check in.. She waived the parking fee b/c we were getting married. And initially when we pulled up to unload .. There were no available spots .. One of the employees in the lot.. Moved his car to make space for us! Talk about Southern Hospitality! I can get used to that!
The room was on the first floor right on East Bay Street.. It was absolutely fine! Room was lovely and not at all noisy like we thought it might be. it has a nice little kitchen with a full size fridge, microwave, and stovetop burners. It also had a nice big counter and chairs to eat right there.
The breakfast was OK. Pretty basic.. Would've like a bit of a better selection.
The hotel was clean and had nice furnishings, it also has a bit of history.. Location was perfect for shopping, and was centered in a great location for restaurants and River Street . Once we parked the car.. We were close enough to everything that walking wasn't a problem. Very happy with our choice and would stay there again if we find ourselves in Savannah!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review, and congratulations on your wedding! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast. I have taken your input to heart and we are working on increasing the variety of items we offer to our guests. I hope you stay with us again in the future so you can enjoy our new selections. Warm Regards, Vanessa.
BEE SPRING
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at the Staybridge Suites again with my best friend......and we LOVED it.....so close to all that we love to do.....River Street....we have been making Savannah our go to place for our girls get-away for about 4 years now....The employees at Staybridge were so nice and friendly, loved the breakfast, fuel for a busy day.....all employees were always helpful with anything we needed even the simple things (like opening a bottle) loved the rooms, location, staff, food.....we will be back.....Thank you so much!!!!

Room Tip: We didn't use the pool, so I could not rate it, sorry. Also, there is a social hour in the after...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LINDA M
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay during the St. Patrick's Day festivities. I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future. Warm regards, Vanessa.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here March 27 to March 29. The pillows and the bed were really uncomfortable and there was a loud hum throughout the hotel that seemed to echo in my bedroom. I didn't ask to get moved, I just bought earplugs. Breakfast is nice and the staff are very friendly.

However, the manager on duty was quite unhelpful when I asked her if I could check out at 1PM on Sunday instead of noon. She said that it couldn't be done. I waited for her to end her shift and asked the next desk assistant for the late check-out and it was no problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helsbels0118
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Helsbels0118,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed in a hotel with more friendly staff than this one. Every time we walk into the lobby staff are asking if there is anything they can get or do for you. I love being pampered.

Breakfast is hot nd not the tipicle found in most hotels.

Much to our surpise they have a supper meal also, last night was a full salad bar with many options including beer and wine.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kidsabc
Vanessa Q, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. We love to hear that you had a great time, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Vanessa
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We really enjoyed staying here! We were in town for 4 days celebrating my friend's birthday and we stayed during the week. From beginning to end, the staff was very warm and welcoming! Very friendly. We were always spoken to as we left and re-entered. Great place! Would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Savannah! The breakfast was different daily and the Tues-Thur social hour with free beer, wine, and heavy appetizers was spot on. Awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank likehopeandpain
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. We love to hear that you had a great time, and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future. Warm Regards, Vanessa
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a date night getaway. The lobby was under construction but that was a minor inconvenience. The staff was professional and took great care to greet customers. Having free soda and draft beer in the lobby for guests in the evening along with some finger foods was a nice touch. The rooms were a bit weird. It looked the hotel was built inside a building. My room was inside and my bedroom window looked out at the door of another hotel room. It is hard to explain and I don;t hing all rooms are like that.
This hotel is not right in the middle of of downtown being at the far end of River Street but there are plenty of good restaurants within easy walking distance and Bay Street across the street. All rooms have a little kitchen so it is for those who want to stay a few days.

Room Tip: Call and see if construction is complete. You may want to ask for a room that has a window that loo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to report that our renovations are complete, and the lobby is beautiful. I hope I have the opportunity to show it to you in person on your next visit to Savannah. Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to pre-assign you a room more to your liking. Warm Regards, Vanessa