Upon arrival, I found a small parking lot behind the hotel but it was already full at 4:30 and after calling the Hotel, I was directed to a the top deck of an unattended private parking garage one block away; there was no elevator in the garage and the cost was $16.00 per day. Being in the historic district, the Hotel itself is an old structure that was apparently converted to it’s present use. Akin to an inside cabin of a cruise ship, I was given an interior suite with no view of the outside; only the view of rooms across the hallway (see picture). It was smallish for a suite but well appointed with a full size fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, double electric burner (no stove), and flat screen TV. The Wifi was very sluggish. With a comfortable bed and no external noises from the hallway or other rooms, I slept well. Outside the room, and being in the historic district, there was plenty of attractions within walking distance. Overall, a mostly pleasant stay with good customer service and good value with the discount rate I used despite the parking fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Comfortable @ the Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District. The Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District is located @ Bay and Lincoln Streets in the Heart of the Savannah Historic District , two blocks from the Holiday Inn Mulberry and one block from the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Historic District. Just steps from our hotel you can explore famous River Street, Factor s Walk, Old Savannah Tours or indulge in the shops and restaurants of City Market River Street. Make your reservations early, but don t miss Paula Deen 's famous Lady & Sons Restaurant. Our location offers near proximity to I-95, the Savannah Hilton Head Int l Airport (SAV), the Savannah Port Authority, Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), Tybee Island beaches & numerous corporations including JCB, Gulfstream, Flight Safety, and Memorial Health.The Staybridge Suites offers suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, Cable TV w/HBO, free wired & wireless Internet and direct dial phone number w/ personalized voicemail. Other features include 24 hour business center with free Internet, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, free deluxe breakfast buffet & evening Sundowner receptions (Tuesday-Thursday). Staybridge Suites is a member of the IHG family of brands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Staybridge Suites