“Nasty! Nasty! Nasty!”

Ranked #84 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GROVETOWN
“Nasty! Nasty! Nasty!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

Dont let pictures fool u! Roaches galore! Found hair and mold In bathtub! Air conditioning wouldnt work in two rooms! Bed sheets still smelled of cologne which I took as not being washed! Cable was out entire visit! Was scared to go and try the free breakfast due to all the roaches we saw... and every time we asked for a manager he was never there.... or just didnt want to be bothered with us! People please spend your money somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TIFFANY R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 3 August 2012

So we're on our first day here in savannah, just got in last night. So far we've had to switch rooms once bacauae we booked for a one bed and they gave us two little ones, once we got to our new room (after a 5hour drive at 1am) we found pee all over the toilet and hair on the floor. My boyfriend took a shower this morning and the drain was clogged and water came up to his ankles. Once the water finally drained you should've seen all the hair that came from drain left over in the tub. Absolutley discussing! Breakfast was a joke. Eggs watery, not much of a selection, and expired yogurt. After breakfast I told the front desk about the drain, they said they would have someone come fix it around 9. And here I am 12:00 waiting for them to come fix it so I can take a shower and go out.
I really wish we would of stayed somewhere else. I suppose it could be worse, but not much :/

You'll be disappointed. Be warned!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Katiedid21
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I would like to start this review by encouraging people to read the other reviews I have written. Very rarely do I share a negative review, and if I do have something negative to write, I almost always have something positive to share. Sadly, I do not have anything positive to say about this hotel except that it's location is great next to restaurants and not far from downtown Savannah.

We planned on staying at this hotel on our way back from FL to NC. We had stayed at the Clarion on our way down, but it was booked for Memorial Day weekend, so we went with another Choice hotel. Upon our arrival, we were instantly concerned about our safety (and the safety of our vehicle). We have 2 children, and safety and cleanliness are our top concerns when traveling. We arrived around 10:30pm, and there were several men outside smoking literally ogling at us, our truck, and what was in our truck (I know the hotel has know control over this, but I feel it's worth mentioning), When my husband went to check in, the attendant had to come and unlock the door to let him in. She was not at all friendly, and knowing that it was late at night, we tried to be graceful, but at the same time, when you work in customer service, you should at least be cordial.

Upon entering our room, the stench was overpowering. Obviously, this was a former smoking room. The smell was terrible. My daughter's eyes instantly began watering and she began coughing. To counteract the smell was a very big, very loud dehumidifier. The sound from that machine was guaranteed to keep my kids up all night. The housekeeper had done a good job cleaning the room, but the issues were not housekeeping related. The floor was sticky and the blankets were stiff as a board.

My husband tried talking to the attendant, who said she would get in touch with the general manager. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I took the kids to our truck so that they could breathe while my husband waited for a call from the manager. After 15 more minutes, my husband came out to the truck. He had called the front desk and given them our cell number and said we were going to another hotel. The front desk attendant told him that she had spoken with the general manager's wife who had told her that her husband couldn't do anything about it. Ok, why is the general manager's wife making decisions on a job that isn't hers? We still haven't heard from the general manager.

My husband then called the Choice Hotel Privileges phone number to ask for help. The representative he spoke with said there was nothing they could do because we had already checked in. Here's my question, how would we know the condition of the air quality of the room if we hadn't checked in and been in it. We called the front desk as soon as we were in the room...we had not had anytime to cause any damage to the room.

I am extremely disappointed in the Quality Inn and even more disappointed in the corporate headquarters who you would think do everything they could to help a customer. We asked to be moved to another Choice hotel or be refunded, but the answer was it was too late to do anything...who has the power over that?

I highly doubt my husband nor I will deal with Choice Hotels again.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was traveling from FL to OH on college graduation weekend. I went to 3 other hotels before I found a room at the Quality Inn. Angelina was at the front desk and was so helpful and gave me a discount on the room. The room was clean and comfortable. No noises could be heard from the highway or local traffic. The parking lot was well lit.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The ice machine is on the east side of the Inn but who doesn't need a little walk after driving...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dedham
Reviewed 29 November 2011

ok 1 night travel stop hotel with breakfast coupon in local map books makes it helpfull for $59. room was clean property was clean cracker barrel and houlihans are a short next to property walk. Do not use el cheepo gas price too high compared to larger gas off highway

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank princessinthesun
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I can understand motels get dated sometimes and this certainly fits. What we can't understand is how they don't even meet the basic cleanliness standards. We checked in thinking that being a Ramada it would be OK, we were definitely wrong. The room smelled VERY musty, carpets were stained and dirty, the bathroom, shower and toilet were all definitely not clean or sanitary. The lights didn't all work, the TV remote didn't work, the walls and furniture were dirty. If it hadn't been so late when we checked in we would have demanded our money back and left. As it was we stayed the night and both spent a good portion of the night itching all over like crazy. Breakfast wasn't much better, the coffee was like dishwater, the orange juice was like ????? (we couldn't decide), and the sitting near the window blinds summed up this hotel .....dirty! I can't be;ieve that Ramada would allow their name on an establishment like this. At $59 it is certainly a budget motel and we weren't expecting the Ritz, but we do expect them to be clean. My advice is KEEP driving ..............

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daveys2010
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The hotel was good for the price. We had our family of 4 stay there during this past Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed for 3 nights and traveled around the city and visited the Beaches. The hotel staff was wonderful. The most important part was the clean room and the free services like high speed internet, free hot breakfast. We also spent a great deal of time at the pool.. We will definitely recommend this property to our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family