“Well past its prime”

Quality Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #84 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Although I voluntarily returned to this hotel recently after first staying here in March 2012, I'll seek out other lodging when I next return to Savannah. The place is just too run down and poorly kept to earn my business. The price is right, but the quality is not!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dragonfishGA

Reviewed 10 August 2012

The room was very clean,did not see one roach,which is not very common in most lower priced hotels,my biggest problem with this hotel and many other hotels is the filthy,moldy,bacteria ridden bathmats it the tubs,they lift up and float and u see the mold and mildew underneath them.the other thing that happened at this hotel was while getting ice at the ice machine the owner stood there and asked very unpolitely Are you going to fill that cooler up.ummm-yep.
But the overall hotel was pleasent and they seemed to not tolerate any riff-raff. The nights were very peaceful and quiet.would have rated a 4 if the mean little man didnt yell about getting ice.

Room Tip: Our room wat to the right of the office room.get a room in the low one hundreds.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelAlotUnMe
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel is easy to find, and a convenient drive to both Tybee Island and Downtown Savannah, where we split our time! Our hotel room was tidy and comfy, and we enjoyed the mini-fridge! The continental breakfast was standard fare, and I enjoyed the waffle iron and hot breakfast selections. The front desk staff did their best to be helpful, and we had a pleasant time. We booked our rooms before we read the previous (very negative) reviews, so we were a little worried what we might find. However, our room was clean, we got hot water right away in our shower, and we heard no music from the nightclub. We learned that the hotel is under new ownership, and it seems like he's making positive changes!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolineR1234
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

Dont let pictures fool u! Roaches galore! Found hair and mold In bathtub! Air conditioning wouldnt work in two rooms! Bed sheets still smelled of cologne which I took as not being washed! Cable was out entire visit! Was scared to go and try the free breakfast due to all the roaches we saw... and every time we asked for a manager he was never there.... or just didnt want to be bothered with us! People please spend your money somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TIFFANY R
Reviewed 3 August 2012

So we're on our first day here in savannah, just got in last night. So far we've had to switch rooms once bacauae we booked for a one bed and they gave us two little ones, once we got to our new room (after a 5hour drive at 1am) we found pee all over the toilet and hair on the floor. My boyfriend took a shower this morning and the drain was clogged and water came up to his ankles. Once the water finally drained you should've seen all the hair that came from drain left over in the tub. Absolutley discussing! Breakfast was a joke. Eggs watery, not much of a selection, and expired yogurt. After breakfast I told the front desk about the drain, they said they would have someone come fix it around 9. And here I am 12:00 waiting for them to come fix it so I can take a shower and go out.
I really wish we would of stayed somewhere else. I suppose it could be worse, but not much :/

You'll be disappointed. Be warned!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Katiedid21
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I would like to start this review by encouraging people to read the other reviews I have written. Very rarely do I share a negative review, and if I do have something negative to write, I almost always have something positive to share. Sadly, I do not have anything positive to say about this hotel except that it's location is great next to restaurants and not far from downtown Savannah.

We planned on staying at this hotel on our way back from FL to NC. We had stayed at the Clarion on our way down, but it was booked for Memorial Day weekend, so we went with another Choice hotel. Upon our arrival, we were instantly concerned about our safety (and the safety of our vehicle). We have 2 children, and safety and cleanliness are our top concerns when traveling. We arrived around 10:30pm, and there were several men outside smoking literally ogling at us, our truck, and what was in our truck (I know the hotel has know control over this, but I feel it's worth mentioning), When my husband went to check in, the attendant had to come and unlock the door to let him in. She was not at all friendly, and knowing that it was late at night, we tried to be graceful, but at the same time, when you work in customer service, you should at least be cordial.

Upon entering our room, the stench was overpowering. Obviously, this was a former smoking room. The smell was terrible. My daughter's eyes instantly began watering and she began coughing. To counteract the smell was a very big, very loud dehumidifier. The sound from that machine was guaranteed to keep my kids up all night. The housekeeper had done a good job cleaning the room, but the issues were not housekeeping related. The floor was sticky and the blankets were stiff as a board.

My husband tried talking to the attendant, who said she would get in touch with the general manager. After waiting for about 15 minutes, I took the kids to our truck so that they could breathe while my husband waited for a call from the manager. After 15 more minutes, my husband came out to the truck. He had called the front desk and given them our cell number and said we were going to another hotel. The front desk attendant told him that she had spoken with the general manager's wife who had told her that her husband couldn't do anything about it. Ok, why is the general manager's wife making decisions on a job that isn't hers? We still haven't heard from the general manager.

My husband then called the Choice Hotel Privileges phone number to ask for help. The representative he spoke with said there was nothing they could do because we had already checked in. Here's my question, how would we know the condition of the air quality of the room if we hadn't checked in and been in it. We called the front desk as soon as we were in the room...we had not had anytime to cause any damage to the room.

I am extremely disappointed in the Quality Inn and even more disappointed in the corporate headquarters who you would think do everything they could to help a customer. We asked to be moved to another Choice hotel or be refunded, but the answer was it was too late to do anything...who has the power over that?

I highly doubt my husband nor I will deal with Choice Hotels again.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was traveling from FL to OH on college graduation weekend. I went to 3 other hotels before I found a room at the Quality Inn. Angelina was at the front desk and was so helpful and gave me a discount on the room. The room was clean and comfortable. No noises could be heard from the highway or local traffic. The parking lot was well lit.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The ice machine is on the east side of the Inn but who doesn't need a little walk after driving...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo