“This hotel was great for its price especially around Memorial Weekend”

Quality Inn Savannah I-95
Ranked #82 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 2 June 2010

The hotel was good for the price. We had our family of 4 stay there during this past Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed for 3 nights and traveled around the city and visited the Beaches. The hotel staff was wonderful. The most important part was the clean room and the free services like high speed internet, free hot breakfast. We also spent a great deal of time at the pool.. We will definitely recommend this property to our friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tanman85

Reviewed 21 February 2010

We were driving back to NY and stopped here the first night. Nothing special. We had a non-smoking room, first room had smoke smell and two cigaratte holes on sheets. Changed rooms, second room was ok.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We reserved a room for two nights at the Ramada Inn Gateway (95 and 204). The room was dirty. The carpet was filthy, especially around the walls. There was a drink straw on the floor. A good vacuuming would have helped. The doors needed wiping down and the bathroom was not clean. We lived in Savannah for 4 years and we were surprising our children over the Christmas holiday. We chose to stay at this Inn for convenience. Needless to say, one night was enough. We checked out and joined our family in their home after the surprise. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I'm not entirely sure where these bad reviews came from -- the only complaint I had is that the staff wasn't entirely friendly. Not unfriendly, just not exactly perky. Other than that, everything was great. We ended up staying here because they were close to the highway and allowed dogs. The room was basic, but had television and a hairblower, and beds that were moderately comfortable. It was clean, including the bathroom. There's not much to say because it's not exactly an extravagant place, but for $50/night including a little continental breakfast, there's no complaints here!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This motel wasn't AWFUL but it wasn't great either. It was tolerable for what it cost. The rooms were fairly clean, except for the bathtub/shower. There was a mass of black hair stuck to the shower wall which kind of creeped me out. The breakfast buffet was nothing to brag about. There was eggs, tater tots, sausage patties, a small assortment of cold cereals, coffee and juice. The last time I stayed here, it was Clubhouse Inn & Suites. They had a better buffet then. No biscuits and gravy this time. The tater tots were cold and dried out, the sausage was about the same. Eggs were OK, though. We went out for the day and when we returned, our dirty towels were laying outside the door of our room and hadn't been replaced. Had to go to the front desk for more. The light bulb that was in the lamp between the beds blew out a few minutes after turning it on.
Also, depending on where you are searching on the internet, it may say that this is a pet friendly hotel. It is not. I heard the receptionist tell someone on the phone that they no longer accept pets. And I had remembered seeing on the website where I was searching for hotels that they WERE pet friendly. So, if you are traveling with your fur babies, look elsewhere.
The one thing that was great was the high speed internet. I have been to a lot of hotels that advertised wireless internet only to be disappointed by the signal or, rather, the lack thereof. The signal was strong and stayed high throughout my stay which was very nice.
All in all, it was OK. Not the best, not the worst. If you are on a tight budget, this would be a place to at least consider.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2009

Stayed at the Ramada for 1 night with wife and 2 daughters. The room had 2 queen size beds and was clean. The rate was a very reasonable $59. The rooms had decent furniture and bedding, good internet access and cable tv. Of course one hopes that the "Free Hot Breakfast" will be good, but it was acceptable - hot gravy and biscuits, and some kind of egg thingy. I had an english muffin, coffee, and yogurt. If you don't need a big breakfast and want a clean, inexpensive place to stay, this suits the bill just fine. They had a small pool at the back, but did not take advantage of it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We got this room for a good rate--probably because it's so far from the historic district in Savannah. Still, with a car, the drive is doable. I wouldn't recommend staying here without a car. Several restaurants (and other hotels) are nearby, but not any sightseeing.

The rooms were nice enough, clean, comfortable, quiet, etc. Rooms open to the outside (not to an interior hallway).

The hotel advertised a hot breakfast, but the only thing hot was some old-looking biscuits and gravy. There was nothing like bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. They didn't even have any fruit. We went to McDonalds the second morning rather than eat their breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family