“Mediocre...”

Ranked #104 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Mediocre...”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Booking online in advance, we got a upstairs room. From the outside it all looks ok, the room itself looks quite worn off, the carpet bulges, the bathroom is stained and the chair has holes in it.
The linen had stains, although it seemed washed. and there was something crawling over our pillow(small with legs).

It was a quiet place though, and we had a reasonable night sleep.
It's inexpensive, so don't expect too much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ben S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Ive enjoyed my stay so far, until tonight. The room is average, but cozy, great for the price. The toilet runs all the time and makes a loud whistling noise, but just flush it and the noise goes away for a while. Not too much disturbance from other guests. My room has a comfortable king size bed, a TV, small fridge, microwave, and a few other things. I really like how this room doesn't feel so much like a hotel. It's cozy in my opinion. I've not seen a single bug yet (it's March), and there are no funky smells that I've noticed. However, to iChat there is an annoying noise coming from the night club behind the building. Its 12 am and the lady at the front desk said it will continue until 2 am. It's just the annoying rhythmic sound of very loud bass. It truly is annoying, I've got the tv loud, but I cant drown out the noise. Oh well, I'd still recommend this place, but don't expect anything fancy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TNR1234567890
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 November 2011

A basic, inexpensive and simple place to spend the night. The owner seems to work hard to get the place a better place to stay. As anything, there's room for improvement, and they have some. Better clean up of their rooms is necessary. I found the air conditioning vents full of dust and dirt. After settling in, and getting into my computer, found some underwear under the desk. Not the best thing. Towels could be replaced for newer ones. Bed sheets and bed in general are good though.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank alrivera01
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The lady at the front desk was vary nice and heilpful .I was there for 3 weeks and they gave me towels every day and cleaned my room every other day. rooms wre very clean .I will be back to seay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2011

When I first pulled up I started to change my mind. The area the hotel is located was not exactly what I expected. But I decided I would give it a try. I received a pleasant hello as soon as I walked through the door. I asked if I could see a room first and the lady at the desk said yes maam. I looked at a room and it was nice, it looked brand new. The price was reasonable so I ended up staying for a couple of nights. The ladies in the lobby were so nice and helpful. I will be going back there on my next trip to Savannah.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank lurece
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I rented a room for the rock and roll marathon on Nov. 3 - Nov 5 the staff were very helpful and very polite they made sure that if we needed anything that they had it I could not complain about nothing They might not be in the best area but its clean and safe at their motel I would def. come back . The girls at the desk were very professional and well spoken. We made our reservations online and the pics looked just like the property We watched the virtual tour and it showed us alot I would recommend coming here for cheap rates and nice southern charm

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BRANDI I
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We went to Savannah to run the inagual Rock n roll marathon. The Hotel looked nice online. We booked our room months in advance. When we got there it was horrible! First of all the place stunk!! We told the girl at the desk that the pics on the web were very deceiving. We asked to see the room. The key did not fit, The girl tried it several times, then decided to try it in the room next door....and it worked!! How scarey is that? We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights each. We told the girl at the desk we would be happy to pay for 1 night in each room, but we would not be staying. She argued that because we arrived at 3:15 and check in was 3:00 that we would have to pay for 2 nights in 2 rooms. We refused. She called the manager and she arrived BAREFOOT and without any TEETH!! She also argued that we would have to pay for 2 rooms for 2 nights. She said "that they were just inspected and given a 4 star rating." I asked her if she was wearing her shoes during the inspection. She said "yes and that she was off work now." We think she lived there!! We told her that she would get 1 night each for 2 rooms or nothing. We ended up calling the corporate office and leaving. They still TRIED to run my card for 2 rooms for 2 nights. It is a good thing I had already notified my credit card company!!! Save yourself some hassle. Don't go there!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank 19ramona96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
Motel 6 Savannah - South
Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#86 of 113 in Savannah

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!