“I will be going back for sure”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #104 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“I will be going back for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Our rooms were nice and they looked to be renovated. We had made reservations and was not sure about some of our friends coming. We did get charged for them, but that was not a problem because I did read the fine print. I knew that some of the reviews were bad, but I went in with the open mind and found out there is a lot more to this place than what you see on here. The staff were great and they actually care about their guests there so if you want to go somewhere to be more than a dollar and a number then I would recommend this place for sure. All I can say is give them a try because not all of what you read here is true when it comes to it. P.s. I am also Military and they were nice and did honor the discount for that. Someone else on here had it right by not judging a book by its cover because that is sooo true.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank LacyB73
FrontDeskManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back real soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Camp lejeune
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I got a room with one bed in it. When I originally set my reservation it was just going to be me but in a stroke of good fortune my wife was able to attend. They charged me 40 extra dollars like she takes up any additional space. I have traveled all over the U. S. as well as other countries and this is the only inn I have encountered that charges extra per guest without needing extra amenities such as a fold out bed. I had to either pay and stay or lose my money due to their no refunds policy. The room I stayed in was dirty. It looked like a mechanic used to live there by all of the greasy hand and foot prints on the doors and walls.
This motel is also not military friendly nor do they provide any discounts. When asked for my ID the military ID was met with exasperation and was asked for a drivers license instead.
This was my first stay at any Americas best value inn and it has convinced me to never stay at another one and to also report this one to the BBB. I have pictures of the nastiness if any one else needs a reason to never stay at this inn.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Tankvet
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. As the Guest Relations Manager I truly wished that you took some time to address these issues with me while you were a guest so I could make things better. Now I at least know what was going on so I can deal with the problems accordingly Thanks for letting us know this way since it wasn't addressed during your stay. The only way we can know if customers are unhappy is if we are told. Thanks for your review. I do hope we can show you better service in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

would just like to let everyone know of the high quality service the staff at this motel have given me after me leaving behind an ipad and leaving the state. little things like this can make a stay amazing. rooms are nowhere near as bad as everyone else is saying also. thankyou.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank dannystrange1
abvisav, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
First off I would really like to thank you for staying with us and enjoying your time here in Savannah. We hope you come again real soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I wish I could put less than one star. The room stank like wet dog and stale cigarettes. Things were dirty, bathroom, old Mosquitos stuck in the horrible paintings, and one of the beds had old cigarette ash between the "made" sheets. I could not get out of the room fast enough. Just awful. No refunds policy- but I will bring this to whomever needs to see this. Subpar cleanliness is simply not acceptable.

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Mishel H
abvisav, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. As the Guest Relations Manager I truly wished that you took some time to address these issues with me while you were a guest so I could make things better. Now I at least know what was going on so I can deal with the problems accordingly Thanks for letting us know this way since it wasn't addressed during your stay. The only way we can know if customers are unhappy is if we are told. Thanks for your review. I do hope we can show you better service in the future .
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This Americas Best Value Inn is the WORST place I have ever seen. The room smelled!!!! There was a no cancellation/refund policy which I have not come across before in my travels. I now know why they have that policy.
I am sorry that Americas Best Value Inn has allowed their name on this place. The pictures did not match the buildings or room.The outside buildings were very run down and the room was not any better.
I have stayed at Americas Best Value Inn before in other parts of the United States and have been pleased, but NOT HERE!
After signing for the room and then going to our room, we returned to the front desk to say that we could not possibly stay there due to the smells and our allergies. The front desk said no refund. So we left and lost our money.
DO NOT GO here. There is NOTHING that the management could say about this place to make me even consider returning to this part of town.

Room Tip: DO NOT GO. I should have I taken pictures to show the poor conditions of the buildings and rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Teacher1310
abvisav, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thanks for the review even though I wish you had enjoyed your stay here. Unfortunately, we do not do refunds. I do hope in the future that you will give us another try.
Baxley, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed one night for $73.50 and this was basically a bed and a bathroom. Most motels have a hair dryer, coffee maker, and iron with ironing board in the room. This place did not have any of those items in the room. They did have a hair dryer at the front desk they allowed me to use since I did not bring my own. The did have a microwave and fridge but charged for ice. It was a smoking room and the smell was so horrible, I got a headache. This was not my choosing. They had an old style tv that was hard to watch. I would not stay again.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before making a decision
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Erin514c
I am sorry that you did not get the service you deserved while staying here at our motel. We do offer Irons, boards, and Hair dryers in our office. We also offer coffee in the lobby. I do hope you will give us another try in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I found this place by accidentally passing by it and was a little skeptical about pulling in,but I talked to the receptionist who by the way has the greatest attitude and she assured me that I would not be disappointed in the value I was paying for the room. I was so wrong by the way I looked at this motel. Very clean,no bugs and the price I paid was worth the value of the room. So glad I didn't judge a book by its cover!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tirelle14
Thanks for staying with us and not judging. We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay while being here. We hope to see you again in the future. You can always call ahead for reservations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
Econo Lodge Midtown
#87 of 113 in Savannah
Quality Inn Midtown
Quality Inn Midtown
#56 of 113 in Savannah

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!