“A Treasured Memory” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Mobile, Alabama
“A Treasured Memory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I went to Savannah for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Olde Savannah Inn and loved the antiques and peace and quiet. The owner, Kathleen, was so sweet and personable. My husband needed a doctor while we were there and she helped us locate one and went out of her way to make sure he was ok. Her pesto is "the best" and her breakfasts are amazing. Her dog Mr. Cooper was there to greet us and when we would come and go she would make us feel like "her kids". We had the Versailles room with multiple bath tubs and enjoyed ourselves immensely. From Donald & Shelle Williams...please know you made our honeymoon special! Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
The Versailles Court is the perfect suite for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. It doesn't get too much better than that in Savannah. I am glad I had the honor of sharing my home with you on one ot the most important days of your life. I still think of Don and hope he is ok. I have all kinds of aches and arthritis so I understand when you do physical hard labor. He sounds like he is getting good medical advice. Mr. Cooper is a treasure for sure. He went from death row to all of the guests who pamper him and would like to put him into their suitcase. So adorable ...I hope I see you in the future to celebrate your anniversary...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We recently were in Savannah, GA and stayed at a great bed & breakfast. The owner, Kathleen was a wonderful hostess. She made us feel very welcome and is an excellent gourmet cook. Her breakfasts were fabulous. If you needed information about anything to do in Savannah she had it all. She had a nicely set up table with all the information you could possibly need and was able to sell you tickets for the Old Town Trolley. Anything you needed to know she knew. The atmosphere of this Inn was comfortable and inviting.The rooms were smartly decorated, beautiful and very clean. I highly recommend this Inn if you are in the Savannah area loooking for the taste of the good old south.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed three nights at the olde savnnah Inn. Kathleen did a great Job with all the renovations she made on the house - she put in so much love and style to make this house to a romantic old savannah house - i really fall in love with this place and the whole City. Exceptional good is the breakfast - I couldn't believe to get a banana chocolate pancake with ice cream for breakfast - that's better than heaven.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
The greatest gift I can receive is pure satisfaction and memories that will linger for years to come. My best time of the day is when I am making magic in the kitchen and waking up all my sleepy heads with the smell of my apple smoked bacon . Whenever, you start to hear the famous Duke, you know it is time to be delighted with the best breakfast in town. Kathleen has come along way since she moved to Savannah and she has taught herself how to manage an entire bed and breakfast and pamper her guests with the best of everything, This is more than a job, this is a service that is always thinking of others and what little things in their day that you can please them with, You made my job easy as you were lovely to accommodate. Thank you for all the praise as I am not alone in doing all this.If you return to Savannah, You will always have a family here to welcome you back home.....Mr. Cooper and I say Thank you for highly recommending The Olde Savannah Inn. With love, Kathleen
New orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were referred to the Olde Savannah by close friends who couldn't stop talking about their wonderful experience. We recently spent 2 nights in perhaps the most romantic of settings (Savannah & the inn). Our room, the Provence is beautifully furnished, includes a hidden shower,
fireplace, shelves filled with books, comfortable queen bed beautified dressed,TV and BOSE system. Note, the entire B&B was very, very clean. Kathleen sees to it that everyone feels comfortable.
Kathleen welcomed us upon arrival with refreshments, recommended restaurants and arranged a late evening carriage ride--the entire evening was great! And then there is breakfast. Candlelight,
Linen table cloth, most delicious!! Fine dining for sure. Would definitely recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: Pink & Provence rooms located street level which helps when carrying luggage.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
There is no higher compliment in small business than word of mouth. Thank you for all of your support and making The Olde Savannah Inn prosper with success. It is because of guests like yourself who go the extra mile to give us your support. From the beginning, we just clicked. I felt like I knew you for years. I was so happy to see the delight with Elizabeth's and a romantic carriage ride that finalized your stay. This is what makes my job the best. Starting out as complete strangers and ending up as friends. I will see you again either in Savannah or in Martha's Vineyard as you dine in my restaurant. I can't wait to see you again. Be good. See you soon, with hugs, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We just got back from our stay at the Olde Savannah Inn for our 15th wedding anniversary. I don't usually write reviews on places I visit but this place is an exception! We loved this place! This is an absolute MUST STAY in Savannah, you will never forget your experience here because you won't find this kind of service, hospitality, cleanliness, affordability and beauty anywhere else! So happy I found it on my first time visiting Savannah overnight. Kathleen is amazing and her hospitality and work ethic and attention to detail is impeccable. Thank you Kathleen for putting your heart and soul into this place for the enjoyment of others!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I am forever talking about the picture I took with you and Mr. Cooper receiving his first tio for new toys. He loved both of you and cried in the window when you left. You have to get another Beagle. I felt as if we were old friends. Awesome guests. I love what I do because I get the honor to meet all kinds of people in all walks of life ...Amazing! Just to sit and chit chat and feel so comfortable ...It is a one of a kind job. How lucky are we to be able to serve and make memories and friendships that are priceless. Every corner of this house is an extension of my love for all my guests. I never knew I had so much to give until I became an Innkeeper. God has blessed me with so many gifts and you are one of them. We look forward to hearing from you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Blythewood, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked the Olde Savannah Inn for our 10th wedding Anniversary and kept it a secret from my wife. I'm not sure who was more surprised when we saw it - it was even better in person that the literature and photo's on the internet. This was cleaner than any other place we have ever stayed, and so convenient to anything that historic Savannah has to offer. Kathleen was an extremely gracious host who went out of her way to help us. All of her recommendations for food were home runs; she really knows her local restaurants. And here breakfasts are the best we have ever eaten! She could truly make a living just from making breakfast foods. We so thoroughly enjoyed our stay with her and we hope we can visit again. We just can't say enough; it was the the perfect spot for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Versailles room has a great hot tub!
1 Thank Carl S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I booked a stay at The Olde Savannah Inn over a year ago, then we had to reschedule due to family issues. Kathleen was so accommodating and made our trip worth the wait. Her breakfast pancakes were so delicious, and I loved waking up to the smell of bacon every morning. The location was perfect! Right in the middle of the historic district, we made a day out of just walking out the front door and strolling through Savannah. For a personal touch and homelike experience, I would choose The Olde Savannah Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013