“Surprise Engagement!”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our visit to The Olde Savannah Inn was more than exceptional. Kathleen is an excellent hostess and makes you feel at home at all times. I am "over the moon" that we got engaged in the parlor of the Inn with Mr. Cooper present. Our surprise engagement will always be a most cherished memory and the Inn was the perfect setting. It is beautifully restored and within walking distant of Forsythe Park and downtown. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

1  Thank Melissa S

Reviewed 24 August 2013

As a frequent business traveler, I'm well acquainted with the best the travel industry has to offer in terms of luxury and unparallel service.The elegance, sophistication and hospitality of The Olde Savannah Inn, however, exceed even the most discerning traveler. After a few days researching a number of Savannah's ubiquitous B&Bs, I selected The Olde Savannah Inn based on its beautiful decor, central location in the Historic District and the plethora of glowing traveler reviews.

So, imagine my surprise when I learned that the beautifully appointed French inspired room I fell in love with over the website was offered at a "buy one night, get one free" - especially since I didn't need a “bargain” as my travel is graciously covered by my employer. I was also perplexed because this "bogo" is unheard of for a B&B of this caliber!

This situation ultimately proved to be an ethical dilemma because when the owner, Kathleen Dupuis, brought me to the "Renaissance Room", I was stunned by a beauty and grace that one could never find at a “discounted rate”. Immediately, I asked Kathleen to charge me the full rate for my stay and told her that "I felt I was stealing" from her by residing in a 5 star room for what averaged to be literally "$140" a night! I just couldn't do it. The room and its accompanying bathroom was the most beautiful I've seen in my travels across the country.

True to what I consistently discovered during my 2 days at The Olde Savannah Inn - Kathleen was as gracious and elegant as her home. She refused to charge me the full rate. Kathleen insisted she honor her offer despite my repeated protests. I was overwhelmed by her integrity as I intuitively sensed she must be struggling to maintain her business throughout an unprecedented recession; particularly if offering a “bogo”

I was speechless and remained so as Kathleen treated me to a world class experience complete from her phenomenal culinary treats and delectable breakfasts to my incredibly soulful conversations with her.

Indeed, there are number of gorgeous, historic B&B’s in Savannah but I am confident you will find no other such as The Olde Savannah Inn and Ms. Kathleen where integrity, honor and grace envelop and comfort you like a long lost, beloved family member.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but the Renassiance Room has a French "powder room" with a gorgeou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lien B
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I recently stayed two nights at The Olde Savannah Inn. The inn is beautiful, with great attention to detail. Breakfast was delicious. Loved the blueberry pancakes with the most awesome whipped cream. Thanks, Kathleen! Take good care if Mr. Cooper.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Olde Savannah Inn over the past weekend for our Babymoon. We are expecting our first child in December and its a boy!
We had a really late check in of 10:30pm because of work engagements. Upon arriving, Kathleen, greeted us with open arms as if we were family coming to visit her home with hello's and hugs. She quickly rushed us inside because it was pouring rain, grabbing my water and pillow so all I had to do was hold the umbrella. We walked right to our room, we were staying in The Belevue Room. She wanted to make sure I was as comfortable as I could be and adjusted the thermostat so it wasn't too hot or too cold. After we dropped off our stuff, Kathleen brought us upstairs to meet Mr. Cooper the adorable Beagle :) after meeting Mr. Cooper we were shown where breakfast would be at 9am. In our room we had water and white chocolate chip cookies waiting for us. The bed was so comfortable and got such a good nights rest my husband and I are considering buying the exact mattress! We were pretty impressed at how clean everything was, towels displayed all pretty and the sheets wrinkle free!
We stayed 2 nights so we got to partake of Kathleen's delicious breakfasts! The first morning was blueberry pancakes with homemade frozen whipped cream, bacon, homemade sausage patties, fruit bowl and fresh pressed coffee. My husband isn't a pancake fan, but sure became a fan of those blueberry pancakes! The second morning we had Egg's Benedict, so tasty! We ate it on a croissant with smoked ham and a bit of pesto. It was so good, I practically licked my plate clean!
We certainly felt at home staying at the Inn and hope to someday in the near future come back. Defiantly will be referring our friends to this Bed and Breakfast!
Kathleen, Thank You so much for the wonderful hospitality you gave my husband and I during our stay, making our dinner reservations and getting our taxis lined up. You truly have a passion for what you do and work so hard at doing it. Thank You again and hope to bring Mason so he can meet Mr. Cooper :)

Sheryl and Rob

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Olde Savannah Inn. The house was beautiful and the food was wonderful. The house is also in a great location right by Forsythe Park. I highly recommend this B&B!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Provence Room. Beautifully decorated and the most amazing shower!! Savannah is a peaceful city and we loved our visit, especially the Olde Savannah Inn! It was the most beautiful b&b we've stayed in and the breakfasts & other baked treats were delightful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dear friends,

Lat weekend my husband took me here for my birthday. It was our first time at a B&B and we were not disappointed! This is no ordinary room with a bed. The Olde Savannah Inn, tucked conveniently in downtown under the canopy of spanish moss and majestic tress is an elegant retreat. A private iron gate and lush plants greets you as you climb the stairs to the porch. Upon entry, Kathleen herself greeted us by name and gave us warm hugs! The house itself is gorgeous, lovingly renovated, it reminded me of Victorian times, where one would sit and sip tea on one of the plush chairs and simply feel at home. In the sitting room the furniture is exquisite, beautiful chandeliers provide warm lighting and there are even freshly baked cookies waiting for you, and wine on the adjacent table. btw, the cookies are amazing!
We stayed in the Bellevue and it reminded me of a french cottage. :) I especially enjoyed the steam shower. For breakfast, we had fresh fruit cups, beignet, the best coffee ever, and freshly squeezed orange juice. On our second morning, we were having eggs benedict on croissants, and since Kathleen knew that we dont eat pork, she made sure we were not left out, and had prepared ours with green tomato! yum yum!! We even took our coffee out onto the porch rocking chairs.
I cannot say enough about this place. Every single detail of your visit is lovingly planned. Super soft robes and the best smelling mint-chamomile soaps, water bottles for downtown walking, freshly baked goodies and a glass of wine before you set out for dinner, candle light and soft music to accompany breakfast, gorgeous rooms, privacy, and an inn keeper who is willing to go out of her way to help you out. I felt so much at home. On one occasion, Kathleen helped my husband back our truck into a parking spot and on another she gave me some much appreciated tips on what to wear to dinner. Shes so much fun to listen to, and has amazing stories. If you are feeling apprehensive about leaving your dog at home, do not worry, resident Beagle Cooper will cheer you right up.
The weekend flew by and we were well fed, well rested and rejuvenated. I didnt want to leave! Thank you Kathleen for a wonderful weekend!

1  Thank Sabrina B
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for the honor of being able to serve you and giving you the gift of relaxation...Life is full of stresses and The Olde Savannah Inn like a retreat...Quiet and echoing Old Southern charm of yesteryear...Thank you for all of your compliments and going the extra mile to support The Olde Savannah Inn. The Bellevue is private and lovely...I am so glad you enjoyed your room and the experience of our gourmet breakfast. Mr. Cooper is a wonderful companion while visiting and he is easy to love. He is such a gift. Thank you for promoting us and please come back and see us in the future....Kathleen