“Not that great.”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
“Not that great.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have never been so disappointed. Please do read the " not so good" ratings. I write reviews for the positive, I love positive feedback. But boy was I distracted by the good reviews. All I can think of to sum up my stay is that actions speak louder than words. We did not receive a pleasant greeting at check in as we were too early. The introduction we received was to hurry up and get in before Mr, Cooper got out. The intro to our room was don't touch this, don't touch that. Take your shoes off before walking into the bathroom. The toilet does not have a door. She talked about the burden of having the business all weekend, and how tired she was. The food was ok, and she doesn't give you salt, pepper, etc until you taste her food as is, and you better eat all your food or she will make you feel bad. I walked on pins and needles all weekend, my husband and I felt like children. I need a do over Savannah trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
28 Thank OrlFam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stayed only one night at the Olde Savannah Inn - although we wish it could have been more! Upon our arrival were warmly greeted by the inn keeper, Kathleen, showed us to our room and shared her freshly baked chocolate almond tort. She continually proved to be an excellent hostess.

The inn is located only a stone’s throw from Forsyth Park (and near other B&B's The Gastonian and Dress-Palmer House), which made walking to dinner and the other Savannah Historic District attractions very easy. Following dinner, we were greeted with a glass of port to sip on while we wound down for the night. The Provence room was wonderful. Very comfortable.

The morning's breakfast was OUTSTANDING. Out menu included coffee french-pressed tableside, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, and Kathleen's house specialty - blueberry pancakes with frozen whipped cream. We were full well into the afternoon. We shared good conversation with the other guests, but it was still nice to have our own breakfast table for two.

Savannah has some lovely B&B options, and, in my mind, the Olde Savannah Inn is among the very best.

Room Tip: Loved the Provence Room - the shower was amazing! As other have alluded to, the bed linens were supe...
Sylacauga, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We spend our 10th Wedding Anniversary at the Old Savannah Inn and loved it. Versailles Court Room was romantic and beautiful. We found out the Ms. Kathleen was a very special lady and wonderful host and chef. We can't wait to come back and would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
What a special visit this was. First of all, I want to thank you for posting a review...I know how much thought and service went into you coming to my inn from travel agencies especially being referred by a local travel firm in Savannah. Everything came together beautifully...You were such a joy and I love to celebrate anniversaries...It gives me hope that marriage is still the best commitment between two people. Thank you for praising my cooking. I actually taught myself everything I know. Savannah has been a tremendous learning platform for growth. This has been a journey I never expected but as you know God has a plan. He has a funny sense of humor, for sure. Who knew, I would be serving guests as an Innkeeper and owner of a Bed and Breakfast. I meet wonderful people from all over...It is an honor to be an Innkeeper and to serve. Thank you so much for a wonderful visit and if you ever return to Savannah, you have a home here at The Olde Savannah Inn. Hugs, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We celebrated my wife's "x" birthday on Labor Day weekend, 2013, at the inn in the Bon Vivant room. We stayed three nights and found the innkeeper, Kathleen to be an excellent gourmet cook. The home is a well appointed and a tastefully decorated "southern" home away from home.
The inn's location offered a pleasant walk to the riverfront and all of the downtown Savannah historic district. If you are looking for a great B & B give this one a try and you will not be disappointed. The Bon Vivant room is decorated in pink and my wife was thrilled with her romantic views through lace curtains into our private garden on ground level in the home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for giving me high marks. It was truly lovely meeting your wife and celebrating her birthday with champagne for breakfast. I am glad she loved the ambience of the Bon Viant room as it is one of my favorites. It is the perfect escape from the business of life and it's luscious gardens right outside your French doors. Come back and see us in the future if you ever return to Savannah. Once again. If I don't see you in Savannah, you will see me in Martha's Vineyard and dine in my restaurant in Edgartown, Mass. Blessings, Kathleen
kellyd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Me and husband did not know what to expect only having stayed at an inn once before. This inn and Kathleen far surpassed our expectations! She is so warm and friendly and we truly enjoyed just chatting with her at night after a long day sightseeing. She cooks the most AMAZING breakfasts!!! Plus we got the bonus of having cooper the beagle to greet us every day...Rooms are gorgeous, clean and impeccably maintained. Don't put much credence into the negative reviews...the positive ones represent our entire experience with Kathleen. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Kathleen 's mission is to have all her guests fee like this guests. Return to us with another wonderful review praising The Olde Savannah Inn. This is a very up close and personal business so it is important to satisfy all your guests as best as you can. Not everyone is going to love The Olde Savannah Inn or Kathleen but I will surely try to make their trip the Best of Savannah. Please come back and see us to celebrate your anniversary and allow me to pamper you some more. Thank you for all your kind words and Mr. Cooper and I will see you again, soon...Thankl you for taking the time to post a review for us in your busy schedule.

Your Savannah friend and Hostess,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was our first B&B experience and was really good. Savanna is a wonderful place and the Inn was equally beautiful. Kathleen was very kind and hospitable. Its commendable that she has decorated and maintained her Inn so well, all by herself. Its quiet inspiring. Her breakfast was delicious as expected. She also has good knowledge about places to eat, etc and helped us with her suggestions. In all it was a very warm and welcoming stay at The Olde Savannah Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
It was such a pleasure to have met you and mohit. I am glad I was able to offer you your first experience at a bed and breakfast. If you return to Savannah, please come back and see us. You will have to try our Crème Brulee French toast. Thank you for going the extra mile to say lovely comments about our Olde Savannah Inn. Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Flat Gap
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My lifelong friend and I met in Savannah for a girls getaway. The Olde Savannah Inn provided us just what we needed for a relaxing visit. We were in Savannah two nights and enjoyed every minute. The Olde Savannah Inn is beautiful! The beds were so comfortable I could hardly get up in the mornings. Breakfast was great. Kathleen was very helpful at advising and suggesting things to do/see in Savannah.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
When I met you and Barbara at the door upon arrival, I knew you would have a great girls getaway. I am amazed at how Barbara works 4 businesses at our age. She is amazing ! I met my match...We have had a lot of girls getaways and they are always wonderful. I am so excited you chose The Olde Savannah Inn for your annual get together. I am honored I was the lucky hostess of Savannah to turn your dreams into a reality. If you ever return to Savannah, I would love to see you again. Thank you for your stay with Mr. Cooper and I. You are right about those beds. I can't stay awake on them when we are slow and I am being lazy. I swear they have been sprinkled with sleepy dust. Have a great fall season, Thank you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper