“great time”

Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Wayne, New Jersey
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

From the minute we met the innkeeper we new this would be a great event. From a well appointed room with ironed sheets to a great breakfast. Kathleen provided recommendations and detailed facts about Savannah. Will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear John and Pinky,

Thank you so much for writing a review when you were still in Disney world with your family. I loved you right away...We are cut from the same cloth. You are as true and sincere as you can get. Love it. We had the connection immediately when I gave you a big hug...I hope you had fun in Disney with all the kids and if you ever return to Savannah , You know you have a friend waiting to pamper you again. Hugs from Kathleen and Mr. Cooper.

Give my love to Pinky...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

After two weeks of a road trip, we were delighted to be enjoying Savannah. The Olde Savannah Inn is a beautifully restored home. Our room was cozy, comfortable, and loved the fireplace. Kathleen is a wonderful host with lots of suggestions if needed for where to go and what to do. Enjoyed delicious breakfasts in a lovely sunny room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
I want to thank this guest for posting but to be honest I was a little surprised. I had an intimate relationship with this guest . I would tell her how some guests would ask me" What sites can I go on to help you and her comment was" I can do that Those guests left me 5-star reviews on all the travel sites. I was disappointed in this rating and emailed this guest how could I have earned a 5-star review but I never got a response. When the majority of your reviews are 5's and than get a 4-star review, you want to know what was missing during this guest stay. If the guest don't reveal what was wrong, than you can't fix it. I pride myself with 5-star customer service and work very hard to deliver a memorable stay. Maybe, this guest will allow me to exceed all of her expectations and return to The Olde Savannah Inn. Thank you for your review, Kathleen
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Do not go to this Inn if....you want to lose weight! We spent 4 days at the Inn. We were welcomed and pampered. The rooms were clean and bright. Everything was ready for us to relax and enjoy. We loved the city of Savannah and walked everywhere from this well located Inn. The breakfast changed every day and it was obvious that Kathleen wanted us to have a five star meal rather than just making sure we had some food before we went out. I cant decide if the Pecan Pancakes, french toast, eggs Benedict or frittata was the best but I know none of it was going to help me lose weight! Thanks for a great stay in a great city.

1 Thank RichardJorgensen
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Richard and Ann,

Thank you so much for choosing The Olde Savannah Inn. It was such a pleasure to delight you with all my morning breakfasts. I told you at the time of booking, bring your stretches. It is my best time of the day to wake the guests up with amazing smells from the kitchen and to chit chat with my early coffee risers. What a treat! You haven't tried a lot of my menu, so please come back and see us and we will surely indulge you with our wonderful breakfasts. If you ever return to Savannah, you have friends to come back and see. Until than, Mr. Cooper and I will miss you and await your return. Have a lovely Holiday Season as it is right around the corner.

Hugs from Mr. Cooper ,

Kathleen
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We just spent 4 wonderful days with Kathleen and Mr. Cooper. My husband was racing a vintage car on Hutchinson Island and we found the location perfect for getting back and forth and also for enjoying the historic district. The house is of the "period" without being gloomy. The decor is very upscale, elegant and yet comfortable. Kathleen's attention to detail is to be found everywhere from the ironed sheets to the chocolate cake placed bedside each evening. She goes out of her way to help with and is very knowledgable about restaurant reservations, excursions, etc. We stayed in the "Provence Room" - found it lovely with a most unique shower and found the ground floor entrance very convenient. You awaken to the most delicious smells, big band music calling you upstairs to a gourmet, many course breakfast with candlelight and french press coffee. Mr. Cooper of course, is there to greet you and the congenial setting lends itself to a most relaxing, enjoyable experience. We plan on making this an annual visit- can't wait until next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you Michael and Doris for such a wonderful stay. Mr. Cooper loved having all the pats and attention Michael gave him. You can tell Michael loved animals and is so gentle and kind to them. I always think people who love animals are good people. Kind souls...So much to give. Thank you for all your companionship throughout your stay. I seldom have motor cycles at the inn parked out front by the gate but it was so nice to know that Michael was home by seeing the bike parked. A sweetheart. Both of you were so gracious and loving and I hope you make this an annual trip. You are the best! Hugs from Mr. Cooper and Kathleen
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

After spending a romantic and luxurious night at the Old Savannah Inn, going anywhere else would be a let down.
Kathleen, our gracious hostess and Innkeeper provided a dream like experience for my significant other and me. We had been to B and B's many other times, but at no other did we feel the warmth and kindness that we were shown here.
The home is just beautiful from the fall flowers and pumpkins on the staircase leading up to the front door, to the sparkling crystal chandelier in the foyer to the pink satin quilts and terry and satin robes in the rooms, every details was executed to perfection.
Breakfast was definitely over the top. The fresh fruit in cut glass stem wear garnished with sprigs of mint and the creme brulee french toast topped with homemade frozen whipped cream along with fresh pressed coffee was to die for. The beautiful round tables overlooked a lovely garden and provided an ambiance of the finest.
If ever in Savannah, you MUST call the Old Savannah Inn ahead of time for reservations to a vacation expe4r5ience that you will always remember.
Patty and Arthur

Room Tip: There are pictures of each room on the internet. They are all lovely and you can't make a mistak...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Some of my best stays are 1 night. From the hug at the door, I knew we were going to connect. You are so loving and genuine. I love people who are sincere ...I am one of those people who si as real as you can get It always makes for a better stay when you are who you are. Thank you for all the praise and I promise I will continue to live up to those high standards. It is in my DNA. I love what I do so it isn't hard at all. ...I am so glad you felt like a princess even if it is for 1 night. We have so many demands on us on a daily basis so it is refreshing to be able to stay at a bed and breakfast that caters to you and affords you the luxury and elegance The Olde Savannah Inn provides. Come and see us in the future if you return to Savannh...We will look forward to seeing you soon, Hugs from Mr. Cooper and Kathleen
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We just celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the beautiful Olde Savannah Inn. This was our first experience at a B&B and we are now definitely spoiled!. From her first warm embrace upon our arrival to the last delicious bite of breakfast on our final day, Kathleen ... the lovely innkeeper ... made sure we felt welcomed and enjoyed our stay in Savannah. The Inn is absolutely beautiful and full of historical charm. Kathleen's abundant hospitality and attention to detail is evident as soon as you walk through the front door. Our gorgeous room and bath were impeccably appointed and meticulously clean. And the fruit and cheese plate and glasses of wine that Kathleen brought to our room as we were getting settled in was the perfect snack after a long day of travel. The gourmet breakfasts that Kathleen prepares and cheerfully serves in her sun-filled breakfast room are absolutely delicious ... I'm not sure how we will adjust back to our normal breakfast routine of oatmeal and yogurt! :) Kathleen's suggestions for restaurant options were exactly what we were looking for and she graciously assisted with our dinner and cab reservations. We had a perfect anniversary celebration in Savannah, and Kathleen and the Olde Savannah Inn are a very special part of our memories. Thank you, again, Kathleen for "spoiling" us ... we enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
One of the best opportunities that an Innkeeper can have is a guest who is sharing the Bed and Breakfast experience for the first time. Thank you for all the lovely compliments. I enjoyed every minute of surprising you with all my favorites, especially breakfast time. You were so delightful so it made my job easy. Part of my service is for you to have all your activities in place when you come so it is less for you to do but to simply enjoy beautiful Savannah. I am glad you loved your entire stay and the best compliment you can give me is a referral in which you did by writing this review. Please think of me if you know a friend or family member is coming to Savannah. I would love to spoil them as that is what I do best. Have blessed Holidays and hopefully, I will see you again in the future, Your Savannah Hostess and friend, Kathleen

Mr. Cooper sends his hugs and kisses
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Olde Savannah Inn was fantastic. Kathleen, the owner, goes above and beyond to provide her guests with an outstanding b&b experience. Our room, the versailles court, was phenomenal, must be the best in all of savannah. The jacuzzi, separate clawfoot tub, and shower really made our time in savannah a relaxing one. The ironed bedsheets speak to this inn and Kathleen's attention to detail. Breakfast with the big band music, candlelight, and warm company topped off our stay. We can't forget to mention Mr. Cooper, what a joy. For any pet lovers who miss their best friends while away from home, Mr. Cooper's gentle spirit and loving soul will make you feel at ease. If you are headed to savannah and want to experience a piece of the past, you won't want to miss The Old Savannah Inn. Thank you for everything Kathleen! S and W

• Stayed October 2013