“I had an ok time but would not stay again.”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“I had an ok time but would not stay again.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The inn is pretty good and the breakfast was good. We stayed in the pink room ... I do not advise as there is no separate bathroom - it is all one big room. The room was cold in February and the windows shades were see through. The bed was nice and the location was good (although she did mention a few break-ins). The lady is nice but Mr. Cooper (the dog) needs to stay out of the dining area and stop watching me eat. Kathleen is a good person and hard worker, I like her personally, but she needs to be less formal and more professional in her interactions. She requested us to give her a five star rating but we just could not - even after a couple of follow up emails. Our friends stayed there recently (got it mixed up with another B&B we stayed at) and did not have such a great time.

Room Tip: not the pink room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank mountain_peeps
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Our goal at The Olde Savannah Inn is to provide an excellent stay to all our guests. Unfortunately, we disappointed this guest . We would love to have the opportunity to invite this guests to stay with us in the future ...we have 4 other rooms to choose i. During this guests stay, we served eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes. These are always the favorites and most popular requests. Our breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day of touring beautiful Savannah. The Bon Viant is located in the rear gardens with double French doors leading out to a private terrace with luscious gardens and soothing fountains . The bedroom is separated from the bathroom as it jogs out to the double french doors. The french doors are adorned with Victorian lace to add to the cottage chic design. Otherwise, you will block the lovely garden view. We will add Victorian lace panels under the sheers to offer guests more privacy. We will do that immediately.
We will try to maybe build a divider for the commode area to make the guest more comfortable. We will do whatever it takes to get this right. We have taken measures to keep Mr. Cooper out of the dinning room while the guests are eating. We understand how annoying barking or begging can be. We have taken care of this issue.

We do ask our guests if they had an excellent stay, could they post a review .. We apologize to this guests and their friends who stayed here that we missed the mark of excellence. Please allow us to serve you and your friends in the future and we will do everything we can to offer you the stay you deserve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and giving us the opportunity to change what needs to be changed for our future success.

Your Savannah Hostess,

Kathleen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We loved loved loved our time at The Olde Savannah Inn. The home is simply gorgeous as was the courtyard. The breakfast each morning was delicious and served in a beautiful manner. The location is close to Forsyth Park and we ejoyed being able to walk to all areas of interest. Kathleen made our stay so memorable. We hope to return some day.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank hbsissy
Thank you Beth and Fran, our "sister Getaway". for allowing us the honor to have met you and you chose The Olde Savannah Inn.. Mr. Cooper and I loved having you stay with us for 5 nights. What a very special visit. We miss you a lot and we can't wait to see you some day if you return to Savannah. There is no greater pleasure as an innkeeper to have guests love their stay. Thank you for going the extra mile after just returning home to give us your support. It doesn't get too much better than that. It is guests like yourself who make this job well worth it. You were the sunshine of my day and Mr. Cooper was very sad after you left. He loved his belly rubs and all the love and attention you gave to him during your stay. You are the BEST. Miss you lots,

Hugs,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was the most amazing and beautiful place to spend my anniversary. My husband and I stayed in the Pink Room.The garden that was connected to our room made it seem has if we were in our own little cottage. It had a beautiful fountain,and you could walk right out of the room to the private garden. Miss Kathleen made us feel so at home. She prepared a wonderful breakfast and my husband is still talking about the orange cranberry muffins. The beds were so comfortable and the deep soaking tub was wonderful. We will be returning to Savannah soon and we will for sure be booking our reservation here again. Thank You again Miss Kathleen for hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Our greatest joy at The Olde Savannah Inn is to hear our guests had an amazing stay and they will be back...Out of all my rooms, my favorite is the Pink room. I agree , it is like living in a " Fairy Tale" So whimsical and love the French soaking tub to soothe all your troubles away and the Tuscany fountain right outside your double French door. Love the cottage appeal and my favorite color is pink. I wanted a unique garden room that Savannah has never seen. Sleeping on the Victorian porch bed is like sleeping on a cloud of sleepy dust. What a treat! I will have to make the orange raspberry muffins on your next visit. I will save this room for your next visit. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to support The Olde Savannah Inn...Hugs, Your Savannah Hostess, Miss Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Colleyville
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had a lovely two night stay!
The room was gorgeous and the king bed was very comfy.
Made for a great nights sleep!
Kathleen made the most delicious breakfasts each morning and was lovely to chat with. Wished we could have stayed longer to sample her other amazing sounding breakfast menus!
Kathleen really made our visit special and along with Mr. Cooper made us really feel at home!

• Stayed April 2014
We are so glad you loved your stay at The Olde Savannah Inn. Our candlelight breakfast with big band music is our best time of the day. Thank you for your gracious compliments. It is only because of guests like you who make it our success possible. We wish you could have stayed longer to sample more of our menu but we are always adding to our breakfasts.

We are glad you loved the Renaissance king bed and enjoyed your entire stay. We will continue to strive for excellence. Please come back to experience more delightful breakfasts and royal treatment that we offer to all our guests. See you soon, Hugs, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Reservations were made for a girls' get-away. I booked one night, and my friend booked the other. I called and my friend emailed to make sure that our plans and payment methods were acceptable (we split the cost). Days later, I received my visa statement showing that the full amount was charged to me. Kathleen didn't offer to correct this error, but insisted that I just ask my friend for the money otherwise she would "be charged out the wazoo by the credit card company."
Then, when I double-checked to make sure that she could accommodate a vegan diet (she had confirmed earlier that she could), it was revealed that she didn't know what vegan means.
I asked for a refund 2 months before arrival date. The confirmation email stated that 15% of total would be charged if canceled 31 days prior to arrival, which conflicts with the website info.
What a headache! I have since handed the issue over to my credit card company!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
16 Thank Heather K
We were looking forward to this "Girls Getaway". It was very disappointing that this guest felt the need to cancel for a June reservation. I am so sorry that she was worried about us accommodating her dietary needs. We are confident we would have been able to make her happy. We specialize in all special dietary needs and we have been very successful. We wish we got the opportunity to serve her a great breakfast. and make her happy. I accidently credited somebody's else's credit card assuming it was hers so she thought I wasn't going to refund her and took these measures. Once I discovered that it wasn't her credit card I refunded, I immediately refunded her with my sincere apologies. This is an unfortunate situation.

Our deepest apologies to this reviewer,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Exquisite, Romantic and always a pleasure to stay with Kathleen. This was our third stay with Kathleen and Mr. Cooper (the four legged host). We stayed in the Renaissance Room and it was perfectly decorated. We loved it and the bed was awesome.

Breakfast was absolutely wonderful and always filling. Kathleen doesn't miss a beat with the breakfast and I can promise you will walk away full. Three nights/breakfasts and never the same main course.

We had wine twice in the evening with other guests, which was a first for us.

Room Tip: We have staying in three rooms, the Renaissance, Versailles Court, and Bon Viant (aka the pink room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Sherry and Jody,

How many times is this ? Four birthdays we have had the honor to share with you. When you come back , we will make you your very own birthday cake. We will have a little birthday party to celebrate your 5 th birthday with us . We always have such a great group when you visit. You are my best advocates. You should see the veranda...It is going to be lovely. just ordered all gas lanterns for the porch walls. It will be gorgeous. You know I don't skip a beat when it comes to detail. Have to do it right. Go on Facebook ...Posted a picture of the progress. Keep in touch my friends. You are the absolute BEST! Thank you for always wanting to spend your birthday with Mr. Cooper and I. We love you, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our first visit to Savannah and we were really excited. We had never stayed in a bed and breakfast and thought this would a great idea. I decided on the Olde Savannah Inn and was not disappointed. It was in a beautiful part of the city and close to all the things we wanted to do.We stayed in the Provence room and it was beautiful. It was decorated so beautifully the bedding was great and it was so relaxing. Kathleen provided delicious breakfasts in a beautiful setting. She was so gracious and made our visit extra special. She had great recommendations for places to eat and visit and we had a wonderful time.Thank you Kathleen for taking good care of us.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple