“CHARMING BEYOND BELIEF!”

Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Cleveland
“CHARMING BEYOND BELIEF!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I checked out a LOT of the B&Bs in the area and decided on this one
after seeing the pictures and the large numbers of reviews.
This place is INCREDIBLY charming and stylish.
If your looking for 1ST CLASS accommodations, this is the place!
Located on the same street that borders the North of Forsythe Park, the location is tucked away, quiet and yet very convenient to the best walks in Savannah.
Kathleen is VERY accommodating! I wanted my 83 yr old mother to have a great experience and Kathleen went out of her way to give her "SPECIAL" attention. She also let us print out our Boarding Passes from her computer. She is a very sweet person and a pleasure to talk with.
You will be glad you stayed at this B&B!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, they are REALLY AMAZING!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Loz527
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Steve, Mary, Chuck, and Maria,

We loved sharing our home with your family. Your family is what made your stay so wonderful. You all were so gracious and easy to please. Makes our job so delightful ...It is half the battle when your guest appreciate what you do for them. We loved preparing breakfast for Mary and Chuck in the front garden. Nothing was too much work as you displayed nothing short of class. Thank you for allowing us to serve your family. We are honored you chose The Olde Savannah Inn. We hope you come back and see us if you return to Savannah. Give love to mom...We hope she is feeling better. If we can do anything for her, please don't ever hesitate. Hugs to all, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
kellyd
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at The Olde Savannah Inn 4 previous times, and it truly is our "home away from home". Kathleen always treats us like its our first time, with decadent desserts left in our room and single-handedly the best breakfast possible in Savannah. I honestly dream of the crème brulee French toast for days before we leave to visit. We usually stay in either the Renaissance Room or the Provence Room, both of which are fantastic and charming in each individual way. The mattresses are so comfie, I could sleep for days. During the day we usually leave our car parked at the inn and just walk everywhere, since the inn is walking distance to everything - especially love walking to Forsyth Park which is only 2 blocks away. If you are reading other reviews and thinking twice about booking, really take the time to read each person's opinion since I can tell you this is the best spot I have stayed in hands down!!!!! We will be back next year Kathleen!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kellyd1977
Thank you Kelly for your on going business and always going the extra mile. It is repeat guest who make The Olde Savannah Inn a success. Each time you come, gets better and better. We love to surprise you with all the new recipes on our menu. The Provence room is lovely and there is no greater joy than to make your guest happy. We have shared many memories and it always seems too long to wait for your next visit. Until than, thank you so much for your graciousness and all that you give to The Olde Savannah Inn...Have a happy Spring! Hugs to your family from Mr. Cooper and I. You will have to come to Savannah in November, as we have our Rock in Roll Marathon. You will really love this event, Take care, Kathleen
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The inn is pretty good and the breakfast was good. We stayed in the pink room ... I do not advise as there is no separate bathroom - it is all one big room. The room was cold in February and the windows shades were see through. The bed was nice and the location was good (although she did mention a few break-ins). The lady is nice but Mr. Cooper (the dog) needs to stay out of the dining area and stop watching me eat. Kathleen is a good person and hard worker, I like her personally, but she needs to be less formal and more professional in her interactions. She requested us to give her a five star rating but we just could not - even after a couple of follow up emails. Our friends stayed there recently (got it mixed up with another B&B we stayed at) and did not have such a great time.

Room Tip: not the pink room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank mountain_peeps
kathy1951, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Our goal at The Olde Savannah Inn is to provide an excellent stay to all our guests. Unfortunately, we disappointed this guest . We would love to have the opportunity to invite this guests to stay with us in the future ...we have 4 other rooms to choose i. During this guests stay, we served eggs benedict and blueberry pancakes. These are always the favorites and most popular requests. Our breakfast is a wonderful way to start the day of touring beautiful Savannah. The Bon Viant is located in the rear gardens with double French doors leading out to a private terrace with luscious gardens and soothing fountains . The bedroom is separated from the bathroom as it jogs out to the double french doors. The french doors are adorned with Victorian lace to add to the cottage chic design. Otherwise, you will block the lovely garden view. We will add Victorian lace panels under the sheers to offer guests more privacy. We will do that immediately.
We will try to maybe build a divider for the commode area to make the guest more comfortable. We will do whatever it takes to get this right. We have taken measures to keep Mr. Cooper out of the dinning room while the guests are eating. We understand how annoying barking or begging can be. We have taken care of this issue.

We do ask our guests if they had an excellent stay, could they post a review .. We apologize to this guests and their friends who stayed here that we missed the mark of excellence. Please allow us to serve you and your friends in the future and we will do everything we can to offer you the stay you deserve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and giving us the opportunity to change what needs to be changed for our future success.

Your Savannah Hostess,

Kathleen
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We loved loved loved our time at The Olde Savannah Inn. The home is simply gorgeous as was the courtyard. The breakfast each morning was delicious and served in a beautiful manner. The location is close to Forsyth Park and we ejoyed being able to walk to all areas of interest. Kathleen made our stay so memorable. We hope to return some day.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank hbsissy
Thank you Beth and Fran, our "sister Getaway". for allowing us the honor to have met you and you chose The Olde Savannah Inn.. Mr. Cooper and I loved having you stay with us for 5 nights. What a very special visit. We miss you a lot and we can't wait to see you some day if you return to Savannah. There is no greater pleasure as an innkeeper to have guests love their stay. Thank you for going the extra mile after just returning home to give us your support. It doesn't get too much better than that. It is guests like yourself who make this job well worth it. You were the sunshine of my day and Mr. Cooper was very sad after you left. He loved his belly rubs and all the love and attention you gave to him during your stay. You are the BEST. Miss you lots,

Hugs,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was the most amazing and beautiful place to spend my anniversary. My husband and I stayed in the Pink Room.The garden that was connected to our room made it seem has if we were in our own little cottage. It had a beautiful fountain,and you could walk right out of the room to the private garden. Miss Kathleen made us feel so at home. She prepared a wonderful breakfast and my husband is still talking about the orange cranberry muffins. The beds were so comfortable and the deep soaking tub was wonderful. We will be returning to Savannah soon and we will for sure be booking our reservation here again. Thank You again Miss Kathleen for hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Our greatest joy at The Olde Savannah Inn is to hear our guests had an amazing stay and they will be back...Out of all my rooms, my favorite is the Pink room. I agree , it is like living in a " Fairy Tale" So whimsical and love the French soaking tub to soothe all your troubles away and the Tuscany fountain right outside your double French door. Love the cottage appeal and my favorite color is pink. I wanted a unique garden room that Savannah has never seen. Sleeping on the Victorian porch bed is like sleeping on a cloud of sleepy dust. What a treat! I will have to make the orange raspberry muffins on your next visit. I will save this room for your next visit. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to support The Olde Savannah Inn...Hugs, Your Savannah Hostess, Miss Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Colleyville
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had a lovely two night stay!
The room was gorgeous and the king bed was very comfy.
Made for a great nights sleep!
Kathleen made the most delicious breakfasts each morning and was lovely to chat with. Wished we could have stayed longer to sample her other amazing sounding breakfast menus!
Kathleen really made our visit special and along with Mr. Cooper made us really feel at home!

• Stayed April 2014
We are so glad you loved your stay at The Olde Savannah Inn. Our candlelight breakfast with big band music is our best time of the day. Thank you for your gracious compliments. It is only because of guests like you who make it our success possible. We wish you could have stayed longer to sample more of our menu but we are always adding to our breakfasts.

We are glad you loved the Renaissance king bed and enjoyed your entire stay. We will continue to strive for excellence. Please come back to experience more delightful breakfasts and royal treatment that we offer to all our guests. See you soon, Hugs, Kathleen and Mr. Cooper
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Reservations were made for a girls' get-away. I booked one night, and my friend booked the other. I called and my friend emailed to make sure that our plans and payment methods were acceptable (we split the cost). Days later, I received my visa statement showing that the full amount was charged to me. Kathleen didn't offer to correct this error, but insisted that I just ask my friend for the money otherwise she would "be charged out the wazoo by the credit card company."
Then, when I double-checked to make sure that she could accommodate a vegan diet (she had confirmed earlier that she could), it was revealed that she didn't know what vegan means.
I asked for a refund 2 months before arrival date. The confirmation email stated that 15% of total would be charged if canceled 31 days prior to arrival, which conflicts with the website info.
What a headache! I have since handed the issue over to my credit card company!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
16 Thank Heather K
We were looking forward to this "Girls Getaway". It was very disappointing that this guest felt the need to cancel for a June reservation. I am so sorry that she was worried about us accommodating her dietary needs. We are confident we would have been able to make her happy. We specialize in all special dietary needs and we have been very successful. We wish we got the opportunity to serve her a great breakfast. and make her happy. I accidently credited somebody's else's credit card assuming it was hers so she thought I wasn't going to refund her and took these measures. Once I discovered that it wasn't her credit card I refunded, I immediately refunded her with my sincere apologies. This is an unfortunate situation.

Our deepest apologies to this reviewer,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper