“A great visit”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a wonderful trip to Savannah in May and our stay at The Olde Savannah Inn made it a most memorable one. The generosity and kindness of Kathleen, the owner, is amazing. She will go out of her way to assist you with whatever you want. She made reservations for us, helped us with local tours, got cabs for us, and we used her computer to print passes.
The rooms are lovely and most charming. We found delicious breads or fruit, cheese and crackers in our room when we returned each afternoon. Kathleen is very thoughtful and an excellent cook. You will want to snap a picture of your breakfast before you begin your meal. They are beautiful! We thoroughly enjoyed sitting out on the patio or upstairs having a glass of wine or a piece of cake later in the evening.
The inn is charming, the gardens are pretty, the food is the best, and Kathleen is there to assist you with anything you desire. Although I am happy to be home, there is a part of me that would love to be sitting on her patio in the pretty pink robe (she provides) and hearing, "May I bring you a glass of wine?"
Thanks, Kathleen, it was a beautiful trip, and you are a most remarkable and generous person. God bless.
Michael and Stephanie

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Michael and Stephanie,

I am so glad you loved your experience ...Like you, we miss you lots. Innkeepers devote their entire life to pleasing their guests and inviting them to a warm welcome. It is my pleasure to make you feel like family and friends during your stay. I love what I do... My goal is to create memories for my guests for a lifetime. I am so glad I was successful ...Thank you for the lovely compliments of my Olde Savannah Inn and I look forward to seeing you again. Until than, have a lovely spring and I look forward to a future visit.

Your friend and Hostess

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper

There are newer reviews for Justine Inn Savannah

Reviewed 18 May 2014

What better way to stay in historical Savannah, the town where artisans and artists coexist with ghosts and folklore? The Old Savannah Inn provides completion to the experience. From the beginning we felt like welcomed family, warmly greeted by innkeeper Kathleen, who spared no detail in our stay. Our room was the Provence Room, cozy, clean, private and comfortable, a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of our normal lives. In the mornings, Kathleen would make sure our bellies were full by serving a glorious breakfast. The adventures of old, historic Savannah were just outside the door, easily walkable from the Inn. After afternoons of wandering Savannah streets and lounging in squares, we would return to our room to find it remade with a homemade treat waiting for us. After evenings on the town, under Spanish moss branches, we would return to a soft bed. Cute and well behaved, the innkeeper dog Mr. Cooper added that special something to the inn's character.
Staying in romantic Savannah would not have been the same without such authentic lodging.

Dear James and Camile,

Thank you for the opportunity to meet you and the pleasure of getting to know you. Loved chatting with you and sharing our wonderful stories of our journeys...Such a treat to know there are some amazing people in this world who care about the human cause. Especially your dedication and love for animals. Camille is such a great soul and Mr. Cooper knew he had found a winner in her. Animals are so smart and alert to who likes them. Both of you were fantastic throughout your stay. It was refreshing to witness such etiquette and graciousness throughout your stay. You have given me hope that class is still present in our society. You are role models of how we are suppose to treat one another. Loved having you here and hated to see you go. Mr. Cooper would love to see you again. He sends hugs and love...See you soon,

Your friend and Savannah Hostess,

Kathleen and Mr. Cooper

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I recently spent several nights at this intimate and well run B&B. Kathleen, the innkeeper, was so gracious, making us feel right at home. We stayed in the "pink room"---it has a courtyard outside the French doors! We loved it.Our breakfast in the morning was a gourmet treat;we dined on china under a crystal chandelier in a pleasant room overlooking the courtyard. There are only 5 guest rooms, which appealed to us, as this is a true B&B, not a hotel. We can,t wait to return and would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone wishing for a special stay in Savannah.

Room Tip: Call in advance to discuss the details of the room that would suit you best.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If we rated on breakfast, location, other fellow guests (fabulous) & stories to take back and tell at parties to regale all your friends, then it would be a 5 star stay no question. A review given elsewhere mentions that Kathleen (the proprietor) is a study in contrasts. For us she's a combination of Blanche Dubois, Hyacinth Bucket, and Basil Fawlty. We stayed for 3 nights in Apr 2014.

Entering after a long drive in pounding rain we were greeted with a sour, surly not in any way inviting 'ackkk take your shoes off' and Mr. Cooper (a cute snoopy type doggie) belly up in a chair by the door. It would have been nice to get a 'you poor things, you're all wet, get in here, here's a towel, awful drive...so forth' instead. There were some other things like parking (turned out to not be a huge deal), actual room (problems) and house rules which were odd and other things that left us with a very strange experience. Anyway, we struggled up the narrow front porch steps with our bags into our room. About our room.. It was full of furniture (but only one chair) and a very large for the space (emphasis 'for the space') king four poster canopied bed. We just right away thought we should leave and started discussing it. It's just that the place wasn't as promised. We heard folks in the room next to us talking too. I decided to get the Wi-Fi code from Kathleen to check options, she was different to our greeting, and she suddenly was bright and bubbly and lovely. She offered a little wine (for free - though there were prices on the bottles. B&b's we stayed at before, including one in Savannah that was unfortunately fully booked, we have always been offered a free glass of wine in the afternoon as part of the deal - I'm just sayin'). Anyway, we were confused. We decided to visit with her a little.

So, 10-15 mins in to her life story the people in the room next to us (this is our experience of what happened) came racing down and said they were leaving. The place wasn't what was promised. Kathleen went all Blanche on them.. Whaat? It’s the moossst luxurious b&b in Savaaahhh! It was quite the uncomfortable commotion. Mostly because we had had the exact same we gotta leave this place conversation. Anyway, to make long story short, yes, there was the Mr. Cooper being held at the table by Kathleen during bfast, being fed off the table scraps, (bless him).. That time that he was rolling around in my bed missing for several hours while we were out and Kathleen was servicing our room, but she did not change our bed sheets!!! Ugh! Had told my hubby something was wrong with the bed. I knew there was a problem with sand and stink in it keeping me up half the night scratching like a dog - just didn't know Mr. C had spent several hours in my sheets! Yuck! Kathleen only told me because she blabbed to another guest about it and the guest (thank goodness) and she were having a you have got to tell her conversation when we came down to bfast. I said tell her what? The worst of it is I had to ASK Kathleen if she would please just bring up sheets and I would change them myself because she said she hadn't 'planned' to have to change sheets. Or, is it that I slept in the DOG's bed?! She did change them in the end. And this from a person who insisted that we not walk into the bathroom with our street shoes, has yellow stickys on things like pillows giving notice that we are not to touch, etc, etc....

Some of the conversations at bfast were hilarious.. Like the one where another guest texted family that if they didn't return search here first.. We bonded over our happiness at finding other people who foolishly shelled out a ton of money to basically feel bad you were imposing by staying there. To her credit Kathleen did apologize for a few things that happened - not the dog mind you. It was about the no promised parking and the yelling at my husband for moving a chair that she had to move back out and which she dropped on her toe trying to maneuver it back to the bathroom. That is how tiny the space is around the bed btw. I don't think she would give a B&B high marks if she stayed at one where she got our experience from a guest point of view. Yes, I realize she has been through a lot, but we saved up for this trip and wanted the full on expensive b&b pampering. It would be wrong of me - as a user of reviews myself- to not be honest from our experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Anita_Eyvind
kathleen55, Owner at Justine Inn Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your compliments at the start of your review. We pride ourselves on having lovely guests who love Savannah as much as we do and of course our breakfasts are awesome (even if we do say so ourselves)

Regarding the rest of the review all we can say we are sorry that not everything was as perfect as we aim for .We do everything we can to make sure our guests feel comfortable and have the vacation of a lifetime. (as most of them do).

The incident with our "beloved Mr. Cooper was an accident and dealt with right away. (Mr. Cooper has apologized....he is hanging his head in shame and has promised it won't happen again.

Anyway, we would genuinely love to have you back as we thought you were great company.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for two (2) days this week. What a pleasure it was. This is a beautiful place to stay. The breakfasts were outstanding. The accomodations were first class and the innkeeper Kathleen was a very gracious host, and went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. If we go back to Savannah we will diffently make reservations there again. We cannot say enough about our stay there.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any of the rooms here.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My daughters and I and a good friend booked 4 rooms at Olde Savannah Inn in May and we had a fabulous time. The rooms were exactly as shown on web site. Kathleen the owner was just wonderful and booked all our reservations for us. The food was exceptional - we couldn't wait until breakfast to see what she had cooked. Breakfast was served in a beautiful dining room with candlelight. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean. For a treat every afternoon we were served some type of cake or pastry in our rooms. Wine was served every afternoon and also again at night. I would recommend the Olde Savannah Inn to anyone who wants an awesome vacation and who likes a little extra attention. We will definitely be going back there.

Room Tip: Every room we reserved was just wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and i came to Savannah about 2 years ago and we were staying at a hotel that put us on a tour of the historical part of the city ..... when we saw some of the beautiful architecture of the old properties I said to my wife "we should come back and stay in one of these inns that look so cozy." So when we decided to come down for the weekend we chose the Old Savannah in due its location to Forsythe Park , which was a favorite of my wife because she loves to run. OMG when i saw the design and architecture of the inn i was very impressed ..after settling in our beautiful room we met with the caretaker Kathleen. She was very attentive to our needs and mapped out a plan for us to see the city and even made some calls to get us in to a couple of tours .......after we got back from the days events , Kathleen had this wonderful dinner prepared for us and i cant tell you enough how delicious it was!!!!!!... I have to say I wished I was staying there a week and not just 2 days it was not enough...Simply put the service and accommodations were awesome !!!!

Room Tip: We got the room downstairs int the front part of the inn..... The shower in it looked like it used t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple