“Love everything, simply spectacular.”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Florida
“Love everything, simply spectacular.”
Reviewed 10 August 2007

The most hommy and spectacular place. Th bed, the attention, the breakfast and every single detail was wonderful. I can not find the words to explain how good and elegant this BB is.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2007

First off, let me start off by saying there aren't enough words to describe how perfect my stay at The Olde Savannah Inn was. As soon as I walked in the door, Kathleen greeted me with open arms and a big hug and made me immediately feel like family. After a very long road trip from Florida, Kathleen helped bring my VERY heavy luggage up the stairs and immediately gave me a glass of nice white wine, a pair of cozy slippers and a snack of gourmet cheese and crackers. And let me tell you, after being in a car that long, that was exactly what I needed!! She was so generous with the snacks that I scratched the idea of going out for dinner. And I can't forget the welcome kisses from Dakota, the Inn dog! He is absolutely the sweetest dog and helps make for a very relaxing atmosphere. And this was just the first night!! (Which by the way, I must add that because of Kathleen's warm and friendly personality resulted in me staying an extra night).

The first night I stayed in the Renaissance Room, which greeted me with a nice cold beverage and cookies placed for me by my bedside :). This room as absolutely beautiful. The second night I decided to treat myself to the Versailles Room which is even more extravagant! Let me tell you, Kathleen knows how to decorate a place! The decor and design in both rooms (the whole house for that matter) looked like they were straight from the pages of a luxury interior design magazine. I swear, I did not want to leave because the rooms and Kathleen made me feel like royalty. You really have to book your stay here to know exactly what I am talking about.

Now on to the really, REALLY good stuff: the breakfasts. Man, I can't even begin to describe how good Kathleen's breakfasts were. I am talking great coffee, amazing blueberry pancakes that were light and fluffy, belgian waffles with strawberries and whip cream, apple smoked bacon, sausage, fresh fruit cups and banana pudding - all accompanied by fresh flowers adorning the plate. People: this was just breakfast!! A four course breakfast both mornings!! And on top of that, it was homemade! I didn't even eat lunch both days - had enough food in me to keep me satisfied until dinner.

Although the rooms and breakfasts were well worth the stay, I must say that the thing that made the stay the absolute best was Kathleen herself. You will not find a more genuine and gracious woman than her. Everything she does, she does with love and warmth. The best way for me to describe to people what my stay was like is to compare it to visiting your favorite relative and being sad to leave when it's time to pack up. I will always be grateful to Kathleen for her hospitality. I look forward to visiting her and Dakota again!!!

• Liked — Kathleen and Dakota
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaGirl2007
florida
Reviewed 4 August 2007

This was a very special occasion (25th anniversary) in which kathleen made special for us. She made reservatations at resteraunts, made suggestions on where to go and what to see while we were there. Breakfast was outstanding. We did not need to eat lunch while we were there because we were fed so much. The food was also very good. Presentation was outstanding, as I have not seen 5 star resteraunts this beautiful. The rooms were also lovely as well. Kathleen was warm and friendly. She was careing, and like family. We felt like we were at home but without the pressures of being at home because of Kathleen's warm personality.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank TommyFlorida
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 30 July 2007

My mother and I have just returned from our "long weekend" trip to Savannah, GA. We had the great luck to pick the perfect bed and breakfast inn with an extraordinary hostess. You could tell from the front gate that it was going to be exciting. Gas lanterns and flowers like an English garden adorned the front entrance. This home is perfection and a great deal of attention has been given to the presentation. The breakfasts were beautifully served at individual tables for two in the dining room and appointed with fine linens and table settings. You knew you were "special" and "welcome" from the onset.
We've never had an innkeeper drop what they were doing just to drive us to a location that we feared we wouldn't be able to locate. Kathleen Dupuis is very deserving of all the good comments she and her inn receive.
The bedrooms are immaculate, romantic and rich. Silk window treatments to match the dressings of the antique beds with top quality linens, down pillows and very supportive mattresses (our # 1 priority).
Kathleen even provided a birthday cake and small party for my mother's 74th birthday. It just so happened that Miss Diane, locally famous pianist/singer was there to entertain. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and the light dinner and wine that were provided.
I could go on and on about the hospitality and ambiance of this inn, but wouldn't want to spoil the surprises for anyone who might choose this very special bed and breakfast with its wonderful innkeeper. Thanks so much Kathleen! You're tops with us. Debra Cook and Ginny Love 7-30-2007

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
St. Louis
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We recently spent two great days & nights in Savannah, and really enjoyed our time in the city and at The Olde Savannah Inn.

Kathleen was a wonderful and very gracious innkeeper. She welcomed us warmly, greeting us with a smile and a glass of wine. The room (Versailles) was beautiful and very clean! The bed was extremely comfortable!

As noted elsewhere, breakfasts are AMAZING... and very filling. Make very late lunch (or early dinner) plans -- you won't need to eat again until after 2pm!

Thanks, Kathleen, for a great stay!

Eric & Susan

Stayed July 2007
Tampa Bay, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2007

From the warm greeting the moment that we walked through the door to the final gourmet breakfast that we were served, The Olde Savannah Inn always exceeded all of our expectations. My wife and I found this wonderful Inn on the internet and immediately spoke with Kathleen the Inn Keeper. She was running a great summer special that we could not refuse. We booked 4 nights in the Renaissance room and were treated to the most luxurious stay of our lives. Kathleen is so warm and friendly and makes all of her guests feel like family within moments of arriving at her wonderful Inn. She takes care of every small detail for her guests and the entire Inn is kept in immaculate condition. The guest rooms boast tons of tile on the floors and walls as well as the finest ammenities that can be offered anywhere. 800 thread count sheets that are ironed and turned down each evening create a luxurious sleeping experience that is better than the Ritz Carlton! Don't forget about the flat screen plasmas in all of the guest rooms. Came in real handy when watching the British Open! The furnishings throughout the Inn are authentic antiques that create the feeling of living in the 1800's while still having every modern day luxury. If you enjoy breakfast than you have come to the right place. Kathleen prepares fresh fruit cups and wonderful coffee each morning while she works on the masterpiece in the kitchen. Don't miss her blueberry pancakes or stuffed french toast. If you play your cards right she is even open to special requests.! You could save a few dollars at another Inn but you would have missed a true one of a kind experience that is well worth the price of the rooms here. We have stopped in to many of the Inns both here and while in St. Augustine, Fl. and believe me there are none that can compare with The Olde Savannah Inn! Kathleen is a real "Love" and will do whatever it takes to make her guests comfortable and spares no expense! We will definitely come back to The Olde Savannah Inn. Thanks for everything Kathleen! Mike and Jackie, Tampa Bay Florida.

• Liked — Wonderful attention to details by Kathleen, the Inn Keeper!
  • Disliked — No Problems.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TeeTwoGreen
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2007

The Olde Savannah Inn was perfect. The inn itself is absolutely beautiful and Kathleen, the inn keeper, was amazing. She made us feel so at home and comfortable on our 4th wedding anniversary. The location is great and the breakfasts were delicious. We miss Savannah and the Olde Savannah Inn already.

• Liked — The personal treatment and beautiful Inn
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple