“Olde Savannah Inn cuffs Moe & Glo”

Justine Inn Savannah
Ranked #5 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Clarksville, TN
“Olde Savannah Inn cuffs Moe & Glo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

We were interested in enjoying the southern charm, hospitality, and excellent food establishments that we had read existed in Savannah. In researching the city’s layout, reading reviews, and making a comparison chart of places to stay, the Olde Savannah Inn appeared to be the place of choice to start. This was to be our first Bread & Breakfast experience so it was with great expectation when we called the Innkeeper to make our reservations along with general inquiries.

The Olde Savannah Inn is a very beautiful, extremely well decorated Bed & Breakfast. Located on a quiet, well lit, tree-line street faced with a quaint wrought-iron fence that encases several beautiful mini-flower gardens around a water fountain.

When we arrived, we were directed to an off-street, gated and fenced courtyard-parking area behind the Inn.

The warm greeting from Innkeeper Kathleen Dupuis, the first sip of the much welcomed ice tea punch received, and the dazzling chandeliers that illuminate each room, hall, and stairway can easily carry one away. The awe-inspiring, matched framed, artworks by Thomas Kinkade along with equally-matched framed pieces by local artists, the decorative floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and the plush pillows that grace each bed immediately alert guest that a quality stay is in store. .

As we were getting acquainted with our new surroundings, our host was constantly presenting delicious snacks and tasty goodies. The dining area, along with the settings, was immaculate as was the sitting pallor. We were truly made to feel like family.

The beds were quite comfortable and the high-quality linens refreshing. Each room had its individual entertainment center and the baths were very well stocked with every conceivable amenity.
Breakfast presentation was beautiful, the food was delicious and the servings endless. The Innkeeper, Ms Kathleen, really extended herself to please each guest.

During our stay, we were treated to a wine, cheese, & desert social, complete with music by local artesian, Ms Diana.

The Olde Savannah Inn truly rates a 5 and is definitely on out re-visit list for future vacation travel to Savannah, GA.

Morris & Gloria Hardin

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank candle22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

My husband and I celebrated our 26 wedding anniversary with Kathleen and Dakota (her black Labrador) at at the Olde Savannah Inn. This was our second trip to Savannah, the first time being 20 years ago. I was hesitant to return because I didn't want to spoil the wonderful memory of our first trip. I am happy to say I wasn't disappointed. I researched heavily and stumbled upon Kathleen and the Olde Savannah Inn. By the time we actually booked the trip, I felt that I knew Kathleen. Such a warm hearted and hard working person! She made two different breakfasts every day to accomodate my diabetec needs while at the same time making home made pancakes, waffles, cobbler and even home made whipped cream for the other guests. Her food was delicious, her hospitality outstanding, and the room. Wow!! We were in the Versaille Court and the room is absolutely beautiful. A giant jacuzzi for two with a chandlier overhead. A push of the button and you get lights that change automatically. Another button and you control the wave pattern of at least 16 jets. Candles and matches sit around the tub for a romantic setting, I couldn't ask for anything more. The bed is beautiful too, canopied drapes and satiny covers. Our stay in Savannah was even better this time than it was 20 years ago. When ever we return to Savannah, I wouldn't even consider staying any where else. My kudo and thanks to Kathleen and the Olde Savannah Inn

• Liked — Kathleen's hospitality and the jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank merrytime
Fullinsdorf, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

The Olde Savannah Inn gives you what you expect from a beautiful place: wonderful rooms, great breakfast (blueberry pancakes are unbeatable) and an excellent innkeeper. - We felt like family from the very first moment of our stay.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank WeThree_Swiss
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2007

Kathleen was amazing from the time my cab pulled up to the gate...so gracious and warm. She immediately ushered me up to the Renaissance Room where the linens, bedding, and every other amenity is top notch. This is an elegant and beautifully decorated Inn, and it should be treated as such. I tried to take every measure to ensure that all of the luxuries that were in the room were treated with respect while I was there. Kathleen shared with me how much she loves being an Innkeeper, and it truly shows with the attention to detail she displays both in the preservation and maintenance of this beautiful home. I found her demeanor to be so pleasant and kind during my entire stay, and never felt her to be critical nor a "complainer" as others have previously alluded to. She was first class all the way. I used to be one of those people that would state that it did not matter "where I stayed" as long as it was cheap...however, after my experience at "The Olde Savannah Inn"...I realized that paying a little more for such an amazing experience only adds to the experience of the trip, which makes it so worthwhile. This is the best Inn in Savannah...Do not take me word for it, experience it for yourself!

• Liked — Innkeeper and Beauty of Inn
  • Disliked — Nothing
Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

My husband and I searched weeks on the web for the "perfect" Inn to stay at in Savannah. It was to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We finally decided on the Olde Savannah Inn. Upon arrival, Kathleen the inkeeper was very cordial. We had arrived late due to traffic issues and when we arrived, she helped us unload our luggage and offered me a glass of white wine, and some tasty snacks. This act of kindness reassured in my mind, that this was to be an amazing experience. After settling in, Kathleen was kind enough to call us a pedicab, so that we could tour the city. We spent a wonderful night strolling happily through the romantic city of Savannah.

The following morning we woke up (in the provence room), to the smell of a delicious breakfast. We joined the other guests in the dining area, and everything was just perfect! Kathleen, whipped up her blueberry pancakes, as well as smoked bacon, sausage, a homemade bannana pudding, and the most freshest fruit I've ever tasted. It was like eating a buffet! My husband and I were both so full, that we didn't even have to eat lunch! We returned that evening to the inn for a wine social, were Kathleen, had kindly fixed us a small dinner with, chicken, coleslaw, salad, and potato salad. It was a wonderful act of kindness, were she had obviously went beyond the call of duty. Miss Diana, was there to perform on the beautiful grand piano in the parlor. She serenaded me and my husband with a beautiful rendition of "At Last", by Etta James...it was beautiful.

The following morning, I woke and began my day with a wonderful massage. It was incredible! And again, I joined the guests in the dining area, for another wonderful breakfast. By most accounts, it was a wonderful time, with consideration of the beautiful ambience of the Inn.

However, to be completely honest, the only complaint that my husband and I would have to say about our stay: is the complaints and stress of the innkeeper herself. On a personnel level, I truly adored Kathleen. She is definetly a strong woman, of humble beginnings who has made an incredible journey of her life. However, I was confused on the message she was trying to send. She would definetly on a continuous basis brag on the inn, which is rightly so. It is beautiful, but I agree with another persons review that you should let the inn just simply speak for itself. Also, there were many times, where my husband and I would feel guilty to leave the inn and enjoy what Savannah had to offer, because Kathleen would be sharing her laundry lists of things that she had to do, to keep us and the other guests satisfied. At our last breakfast, after some guests had retired to their rooms, she openly complained that she couldn't believe they hadn't eaten the food she provided. And seemed greatly offended. Another guest, had openly stated to us that they felt like they were walking on eggshells, when around her. By the end of our stay, my husband and I were running out the inn, leaving the boisterous complaints of Kathleen, (fussing that another guest that had checked out before us, had placed her $600.00 comforter folded in the floor)..my husband quickly whispered, "let's get out of here before she finds something to yell at us about".

The inn is beautiful, Kathleen seems geniune. Dakota her dog is adorable, the room was dreamy. The food was delicious, we greatly appreciated the wine social and entertainment. But for what we were spending to stay there, we could have done without the complaining. At times, we felt like a major burden to the innkeeper, and that was not a great way to feel.

• Liked — Miss Diana, The food, The room
  • Disliked — Too many complaints, about other guests
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
30 Thank Rainy80
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2007

The most hommy and spectacular place. Th bed, the attention, the breakfast and every single detail was wonderful. I can not find the words to explain how good and elegant this BB is.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

First off, let me start off by saying there aren't enough words to describe how perfect my stay at The Olde Savannah Inn was. As soon as I walked in the door, Kathleen greeted me with open arms and a big hug and made me immediately feel like family. After a very long road trip from Florida, Kathleen helped bring my VERY heavy luggage up the stairs and immediately gave me a glass of nice white wine, a pair of cozy slippers and a snack of gourmet cheese and crackers. And let me tell you, after being in a car that long, that was exactly what I needed!! She was so generous with the snacks that I scratched the idea of going out for dinner. And I can't forget the welcome kisses from Dakota, the Inn dog! He is absolutely the sweetest dog and helps make for a very relaxing atmosphere. And this was just the first night!! (Which by the way, I must add that because of Kathleen's warm and friendly personality resulted in me staying an extra night).

The first night I stayed in the Renaissance Room, which greeted me with a nice cold beverage and cookies placed for me by my bedside :). This room as absolutely beautiful. The second night I decided to treat myself to the Versailles Room which is even more extravagant! Let me tell you, Kathleen knows how to decorate a place! The decor and design in both rooms (the whole house for that matter) looked like they were straight from the pages of a luxury interior design magazine. I swear, I did not want to leave because the rooms and Kathleen made me feel like royalty. You really have to book your stay here to know exactly what I am talking about.

Now on to the really, REALLY good stuff: the breakfasts. Man, I can't even begin to describe how good Kathleen's breakfasts were. I am talking great coffee, amazing blueberry pancakes that were light and fluffy, belgian waffles with strawberries and whip cream, apple smoked bacon, sausage, fresh fruit cups and banana pudding - all accompanied by fresh flowers adorning the plate. People: this was just breakfast!! A four course breakfast both mornings!! And on top of that, it was homemade! I didn't even eat lunch both days - had enough food in me to keep me satisfied until dinner.

Although the rooms and breakfasts were well worth the stay, I must say that the thing that made the stay the absolute best was Kathleen herself. You will not find a more genuine and gracious woman than her. Everything she does, she does with love and warmth. The best way for me to describe to people what my stay was like is to compare it to visiting your favorite relative and being sad to leave when it's time to pack up. I will always be grateful to Kathleen for her hospitality. I look forward to visiting her and Dakota again!!!

• Liked — Kathleen and Dakota
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing!
1 Thank FloridaGirl2007