“A Horrible Hotel Experience Ever”

San's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #100 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Horrible Hotel Experience Ever”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My family has a yearly tradition to visit Savannah, Ga. on Memorial Day of every year. This hotel has just killed that great anticipation we look forward to every year. On arrival at the hotel, my first disappointment was getting out of the elevator and being greeted with the most natiest floor carpet in hotel business. I over looked that by giving them the benefit of doubt. In our room, the bed sheets and covers were all stained with some blood looking substances, so I quickly went downstairs to complained. The front desk lady order the and covers to be replaced. When the gentleman ripped the sheets off the mattress, we found brown thick looking substances at the ridges of the mattress, so I opted to check out or have the room changed. After checking to the second room, we were so exhausted so we crashed without any further scrutinizing. The next morning we had to go to the nearest ROSS shop to purchase a set of bed sheets to hide the rest of overall nastiness of this hotel. On the second day, my girlfriend was taking a nap after our daily erands. She started screeming for me to turn the lights on and lo and behold, there were some inscects and huge bed bugs looking crawling over her. I took pictures of these bugs and showed it to the lady at the front desk.. We checked out, terminate our vacation and returned to Atlanta at 2am so frustrated and felt cheated because the lady could not offer any helpful options than just kept saying, " I just work here". I will strongly advice anyone who is paying hard earned money for a quality time not to venture this deepest pit of hell. Please don't let the pictures on their website fool you, Very deceptive.

Room Tip: The refrigerator in the room was rattling 24/7. Overall review is BAD BAD BAD BAD
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Augusta, Maine, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

After being on the road almost 9 hrs., I pulled into a cluster of well-known hotel chains. None of them had a vacancy, but one did encourage me to check the San's Boutique. I never checked it out as I did not recognize the name. The lobby was very clean and modern. The check-in was smooth and friendly and the room was the largest and cleanest room I've ever rented. I so enjoyed it that I skipped an evening tour into Savannah. I still want to visit Savannah and I will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: When in doubt, check it out
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Louise N
Daytona Beach
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were very happy with our room. Beds were really nice. Room was very clean and service was excellent. We did not know until afterwards that you could ask for a coffee maker for your room, next time we will. This was located very close to all places in Savannah. Right off of 95 so convenient to restaurants. This Hotel is only 2yrs. old so everything was in excellent condition. Looking forward to staying there again. Desk help was very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: If you drink alot of coffee, as my husband does, ask for a coffee maker for your room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane O
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2012

In a driving rain storm on November 28, 2011 this hotel looked good and inviting with a drive- in under a canopy. Check in was easy and fast. It was great to be off the road after a day long drive in the rain. Later we realized room #301 was not very clean and neither was the bathroom. The Fire Springler head in the sealing was hanging down about a foot. The halls were dirty and in need of serious maintenance. The bed was a foam rubber that had seen better days. Breakfast was as sparse as I have seen. But in a driving rain storm this hotel looked inviting. Normally I check the room first before accepting it; shame on me. Recommend you Pass this Hotel BY!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We recently stayed in San's Boutique Hotel & Suites on our way home from the Florida Keys. We had the Roomsaver.com coupon book and the hotel was advertised as "brand new." The price was reasonable so we decided to try it. The lobby was impressive but when we took the elevator up to the second floor, the hallways seemed worn and dingy. When we entered our room, we noticed various degrees of aging. Wallpaper was hanging off the walls in several areas.The bathroom was small. The shower door could not be opened from the inside and I had to have my husband open it for me when I finished my shower. There was no drain in the bathroom sink. The walls were paper thin and we heard the TV next door most of the night. I can't say that the room was dirty and the sheets seemed clean. The bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was meager but nicely presented and adequate for our needs. I wouldn't say the hotel was terrible but then again, I would not recommend it to anyone and I would not stay in it again. My biggest complaint is that they could get away with advertising "brand new." We ate in Applebees across the way and the waitress said the hotel had been there since she started working there five years ago.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We had just returned from a visit at Fort Pulaski..we wanted to stay some where different,,the San's Boutique Hotel was different for sure. Interesting decor,,,ONE staff person...Hub wanted to make sure the wireless worked,, the guy at the desk gave him a pass word...we struggled with the thing for an hour finally i had enough and went down,,he said he would reset a router...so we went out to grab something for supper..when we came back he said things should be working, no cigar..I went down..he admitted he knew nearly nothing about the internet..Asked him if there was some one he could call he shook his head and said NO. This was very very disapointing,,the room we have is gorgeous..the lobby is INTERESTING,,,breakfast was OK :-) Not sure we would return to this motel ..

Room Tip: ask to see if the intere
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Would NOT reccomend as a Pet Hotel!! The lobby is the only clean part of the hotel. The carpet in the hallways and guest rooms are disgustingly FILTHY! Please don't go near the beds, the sheets had hairs on them and the replacement sheets were worst (black spots). The staff is NOT friendly. Didn't try the breakfast because we were getting out of there as fast as we could. Location to downtown... NOT CLOSE! Stay at the "Bates" motel with Jack Nicolson instead!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple