“RUN.”

Ranked #104 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Chesapeake, Virginia
“RUN.”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

stopped here overnight on our way to Florida. walked into the lobby at around 8:15pm and a man met us (no uniform/nametag) who said, "yall need something"? we advised him we needed to check in and then went to our room on the second floor with our two children. Once the elevator opened, we were staring at stains on the carpet and walls. We noticed cameras in the ceiling but kept going, hoping we'd have good results when we went into our room. We didn't. We went into a VERY hot hotel room because the air condition hadn't been turned on. We immediately cut on the air condition and got the kids in their pajamas. We noticed that the lampshade on one of the lamps was torn (it was made of paper) and crumpled in one spot. STILL, we were hoping for the best. We went into the bathroom and there were odd, black stains all over the walls. One of the lights over the mirror was out and there were multiple cracks in the shower as well as mildew and stains. The stains on the carpet were epic--not like they hadn't been cleaned in a year or so, but like they hadn't been cleaned. EVER. Additionally, the toilet paper holder was broken and the actual LOCK ON THE DOOR was hanging on by a screw. We got into bed (the air conditioning had been on for over an hour) and after laying there for another hour, my husband (who can sleep through anything) got out of the bed and ushered us to our car to leave because after an hour and a half of the air condition being on high and set to 64, our room was around 85 degrees. It was unbelievably miserable. We walked out in our pajamas and carrying our luggage underneath our arms and went to the Hampton Inn in the same area. As we were leaving, the man who "checked" us in told us, "Come back tomorrow and the manager will give you your money back". The next morning (after a great, air conditioned night's sleep at the CLEAN and COURTEOUS Hampton Inn) my husband walked back to the San's Boutique Hotel to speak to the manager. A woman at the front desk told him the manager wasn't there and wouldn't be in until after 10 that morning, and "had we asked for another room"? My husband explained that we hadn't because it was unlikely that the air conditioning would be cut on in any other room if it wasn't cut on in the room that was actually booked. He left his phone number for the manager to call and then happened to glance down at the check-in desk where he noticed our credit card number written on a sheet of paper just sitting out in the open. He asked the women, "what's my credit card number doing there? I'm going to need you to get rid of that, now". She said, "oh, that was just for the man last night". My husband advised the woman to tear up the credit card number which she did in front of him. However, there were several other hand-written credit card numbers sitting on the check-in desk as well. The manager never called, we never got our money back, and as we were driving out that morning, we noticed that the price on the sign outside the hotel states, "from $49". But our room cost $75. We both felt like there were bugs crawling on us in the heat of that room and there's no WAY I would have used the shower or allowed either one of my children to use the shower. My daughter refused to lie underneath the duvet and sheets because she was so grossed out. It was awful. Save yourself and save your money and pay whatever you need to avoid this place like the plague. NEVER have we stayed anywhere so dirty or unprofessional. It's been a week since we were there (just got back from vacation in Florida at a fantastic resort) and I still shudder to think about this place. My review gave it one star because it HAD to. There's not a "so bad I can't rate it" rating. In a word, RUN.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this hotel.
9 Thank tw0sugars

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pereira, Colombia
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice lobby but the room was full of humid spots on the seiling. Had to stay there for the night because everything else was full but I don't recomend it. The air condition didn't work very well either and it had electric cables comming out of it.

Room Tip: See the room before you pay and check the air condition.
1 Thank NAYIBANDRAOOS
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I would never stay there again. It's perfect proof that you get what you pay for! While the lobby looked spotless, the room was shabby and disgusting. I have no idea when the duvet cover had last been changed, but there were brown spots on the underside closest to your body........gross!! We decided to just flip it around so that part was hanging over the end of the bed since it was late at night and only the desk clerk appeared to be working. The pillows were the so flat, you could have folded a sheet up and had a thicker pillow.....they had to be ancient. Quite a few light bulbs were burned out and the shower had mildew in the corners. It sort of gave you the feeling that you really didn't want to touch anything in that room!

If we hadn't been staying just for the night as a stopping point from our home to our final destination of Atlanta, I would have just left without staying there at all. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn at the same location and it's 100% better than this dump. Didn't book it because it was almost $60 a night more on that particular night. On our return home, I was more than happy to spend the extra money for a clean room at the Hampton Inn!!

2 Thank CKB05
South Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped half way here on our trip to Florida. We were driving at night, so arrived about 1 am. It definitely is a family run hotel, and the same nice lady checked us out and in. It is a nice clean hotel with pretty, modern decor. Beds were fine, and we had a small child with us. I will keep this on my list for future overnights. Our rate was 49.99. 58.00 with taxes. Hampton inn was 160.00 next door and full.Thanks Sans!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nikkilou10
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My sister and I stayed here on our first trip to Savannah. I loved the lobby decor of the boutique hotel and was immeditely pleased with our last minute booking. We were warmly greeted by the front desk supervisor. He was very attentive and even offered a few suggestions of places to visit during our stay. The location is about 12 miles from downtown Savannah so we named off a few of the places we hoped to go and he told us the nearest parking garages and lots. We headed up to our room and were impressed by the spaciousness and decor. We decided to go eat before settling in. There were several restaurants surrounding the hotel for us to choose from, including Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday's, McDonald's, Perkins, and Cracker Barrel. We were happy to walk after our four hour car ride, and thankful to have so many options. When we returned to the hotel we encountered another staff member who was also friendly. My sister commented that they take the southern charm thing seriously in Savannah. We returned to the room to find the our beds were more comfortable than we could imagine. I woke up the next morning amazed at how well I slept. I don't think I have ever stayed at such a quiet hotel. Overall I was very pleased with my stay and will certainly return on future trips to Savannah.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank April H
Griffith, Indiana
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went to this hotel after our reservations were not honored at a neighbor hotel. The staff offered a discounted rate after learning about the situation, They were very friendly and accommodating.The rooms were large and clean. The decor was colorful and unique. We stayed for a week. It was a comfortable and pleasant stay. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori C
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's fairly clean--but if you expected some place close to downtown, this is about 15 miles away. There are lots of chain restaurants surrounding it (Perkins, Cracker Barrel, Applebee's), and it is very near the 95 entrance. There was quite a bit of noise from the hallway, the toilet kept sporadically thorough the night, and the tv sound was awful--but all we wanted was an inexpensive place to stay that was clean--and this more than fit the bill!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple