“Excellent hotel!”

San's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #105 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 31 October 2006

We stayed here for 3 nights on weekend of Oct. 27-30. Beautiful hotel. Clean, new, very contemporary. No "funky" hotel room smell, beautiful shiny marble floors... very pleased with our stay!
Will definately stay here again! Excellent value....many restaurants close by....downtown Savannah only a 10-15 min. drive. Has a downtown shuttle bus available too.
Rooms are very clean, comtemporary furnishings....LUX comforters!!! No cheesy knit blankets here! Beds are VERY comfortable.... rooms are quiet, private.
Nice continental breakfast offered.... no activities to speak of...no pool or anything.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RBella

Reviewed 23 October 2006

This is an amazing hotel -- reminded us of some 4 star hotels we have stayed in Asia. It is brand new (3 months old), squeaky clean, and beautifully decorated in a sort of art deco style. It's run by a couple who are on duty 24/7, and who responded promptly to our every need and/or question. The breakfast is pretty standard, but served up in a wonderfully decorated lobby area.

2  Thank dosterling
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We live in Atlanta & were going to the city to visit my daughter in college. My friend & I usually stay on Abercorn because of the proximity to the school, all of the restaurants & hotel deals you can find. Since we were traveling during homecoming weekend, she researched the net to see what was available. Since the San's was new, we decided to give it a try. When I found out through Mapquest that it was on I-95, I thought that it would be out of the way. I called my friend on the drive down & told her that she was in for it!

When my mom & I walked into the lobby, I was pleasantly suprised. The decor was very tasteful & inviting. The brown & tan fabric on the chairs right inside the door...I have to find it! Vinny was gracious & helpful. As soon as we stepped off the elevator onto the 2nd floor, we both commented on the new carpet smell. So far, so good. When I opened the door to our suite, I had to call my friend & apologize. My mom hit the chairs & ottoman right away & she was hooked. The tall beds with the unique headboards were another plus. The lighted niches on either side of the window held colorful vases. The LCD TV...I'm sold now & gotta have that too! The roominess of the shower & the bench were fantastic!!! As soon as I hit the bed that night, I was out because it was so comfortable.

I'm sold on this hotel & can't wait for my next stay. My friend & I have recommended it to just about everyone we've talked to since getting back to Atlanta. I noted the commetns of the guests
as they were checking in & out. They were all very positive & everyone stated that they would stay again. Kudos to whoever decorated!

The only thing that I would recommend is that they provide a television listing in the room.

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank dpurpl1
Reviewed 20 October 2006

I was reading the reviews and I am actually at this hotel right now. I am glad we did not stay in the historic district. :)

I can honestly say it was refreshing. The decor is tasteful, and it is a nice hotel. I asked the clerk how long it had been open; 2 months was the response. I would give everything a 8 out of 10. The toilet paper holder fell off the wall and cut my foot pretty badly. That lends itself to the fact that things may look pretty here, but honestly, if you look a little closer, some things are cheaply made.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2006

Living only 4 hours from Savannah, sometimes I take last-minute long weekends there to enjoy everything it has to offer. I've rented out old homes in the Historic District, stayed in Hotels downtown, as well as Hotels in the Midtown area. When you book late though, there is not much choice. As I searched I came across this new hotel, San's Boutique. I was confused with the name and figured it wasn't a chain, but I knew it was located in the "Gateway" area of Savannah that has plenty of known chain hotels. After doing more research, I found some pictures and was thinking this has to be too good to be true. The interior and rooms were original and seemed to be well-planned. Wow, big glass showers instead of some tiny, moldy tub? I figure it's worth a try and I am soooooooooo glad I booked this place. After Mapquest having the hotel in the wrong location, I found this very normal looking hotel right off I-95. I'll warn you, to the Historical District it's a solid 15 minute drive, but it's all highway and very easy to get to. I ready many of these reviews on here and people seem so uptight sometimes and complain if they find an eyelash somewhere in the room. Well, I'm a pretty laid back person, but very honest about what I observe. The pictures of the lobby are just like what you see in the photos. The girl working the desk was polite and answered all my questions. It is certainly not a chain hotel and has it's own sense of style. We were on the second floor and were blown away when we opened the door and saw a LCD TV on this very stylish and modern looking dresser, a suede chair with ottoman, fridge and microwave, an electronic thermostat on the wall, and probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in at a hotel. The bedding was upscale, as well as the headboard. Then walking in the bathroom and seeing the very large walk-in shower with a bench inside. You have to be kidding me! If they put this place in the Historic District, they could have gotten away with charging $200/night easy. Believe me, some of the high priced hotels down there are garbage compared to this. With all there is to see in Savannah, I was perfectly content spending some extra time relaxing in the room. I only checked out the free breakfast one morning, but it was like any other you'll find. Overall, I will definitely be back and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't let the name confuse you or throw you off, this is a great place to stay and all of it for a reasonable $80/night on a weekend.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank OSUBucks77