“Celeste and Comfort Inn and Suites @ Savannah Airport!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Celeste and staff of the Comfort Inn and Suites Savannah Airport are the most friendliest people I havecmet. Everyone greets you will a friendly smile as they give you the best service. The hotel it's self is very clean. It is well work the money spent. And front desk clerk, Celeste, has to be the greatest of all time!

• Stayed: October 2013
Chamaine B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Dear GeeDaProphet,

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport! We appreciate your comments very much, and I assure you I will share them with our entire team. Thank you also for recognizing Ms. Celeste for taking great care of you. We have an outstanding team here that truly cares about our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel from outside is beautiful as shown in the pictures, room is clean and the service is very good, people who are working their are very nice and they don't hesitate to help you with any things you need.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear m0hammad86,

Thank you for your recognition of our team! I am very pleased to read that my staff made your stay a pleasant experience. At the Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport we try to make it our top priority to make every effort to assure that each of our guests has a wonderful experience here in Savannah, GA. Once again thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business and your continued support of our hotel. We are delighted that we met your needs when you stayed with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Savannah.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have stayed in several Comfort Inns, because the service and rooms are always good. The small surprise we got when we checked into our room was two noisy Queen beds with square small pillows. This was our first encounter with these pillows, and they were not great for us. If you toss & turn like I do, your head ends up on the bed and not a pillow. I asked for normal sized pillows but they are not available. Also the noisy beds make for some interesting situations, which I can't report. I don't know if all the beds are noisy, but room #202 was. Everything else was just fine, and we will continue to stay at Comfort Inns, unless they all change to small square pillows.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe M
Chamaine B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Joe M,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. Your comments about our accommodations are greatly appreciated as it is our top priority to try to make every effort to assure that each of our guests has a wonderful experience here in Savannah. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. The Staff and Management consistently strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and I am saddened to hear we did not meet your expectations when it came to all of the wonderful amenities of our hotel. I understand your frustration and please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you by a noisy bed and small pillows. We sincerely appreciate your feedback so we can continue to learn how to improve our services. Also just know that your comments have helped us prove our case to our brand consultants and we are in the middle of getting our new bedding package approved. It is essential for our guests to share their experiences with us and we cannot thank you enough. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

After reading so many positive reviews, we chose the Comfort Inn Savannah Airport as an ideal stopover on our trip back north from Florida. The staff was pleasant on our arrival, and our rooms seemed fine at first, apart from one curtain hanging askew off of the end of its rod. We could hear our next door neighbors chatting through the wall, as well as their television. After visiting with the other half of our family group in their room, we returned to ours and my husband discovered that it was not possible to lock our door from inside - the deadbolt did not line up with the slot in the door jam. I asked at the front desk, and they sent a maintenance guy - he managed to make it turn by physically maneuvering the door to make it line up just enough. I tried it, and didn't have the strength to make it work. He suggested a repair at a later date. (??). Not a big problem since the door did still lock from the outside, and there was a door bar. Then my husband tried to make a cup of coffee in the coffee maker. When he poured the water in the reservoir, it ran out of the base of the machine all over the table on which it was sitting. We called the desk to ask for a replacement, but they didn't have any extras and the maintenance fellow had gone home. All in all, however, this was not super critical since there was 24hr coffee in the breakfast area, which was across from our room. Next, my husband discovered a bug crawling on the bathroom floor, which he dispatched with his shoe. When he came back to bed and pulled up the blanket, we saw a giant tear in it off to the side. As far as our room goes, if you must stay here, avoid 120 - it is just off of the lobby. We were able to hear the comings and goings of guests and the luggage carts, a group of card players chatting away in the breakfast area, every thumping footstep of our upstairs neighbor, and a loud waterfall of water through our bedroom wall with each of his bathroom incursions and ablutions.
The breakfast and the front desk staff, however, made up for a lot. There was an excellent selection of breakfast items, including eggs (scrambled and boiled), fruit, cottage cheese, etc.
When we went to check out, I reported our little disappointments, and they made it right. I would definitely go back here, but I would request a room away from the lobby area.

Room Tip: Avoid room 120 - too near the noise of the lobby and breakfast areas.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Chamaine B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Voyageuse0666,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your business, as it is our top priority to try to make every effort to assure that each of our guests has a wonderful experience here in Savannah. We are pleased that you brought your situation to our attention and allowed us an opportunity to fix the situation for you. Once again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Savannah.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having been for the past 2-3 weeks driving from the Great Plains to New England and back again and then to Savannah, GA, it would have been easy to gripe about something when arriving here. However, meeting and being greeted by Celeste, a most affable and accomodating lady made my day a time to rejoice. She, having a perpetual smile and sweet manner, made my arrival a time of celebrating and I was made to feel most welcome and important to the house. The room was priced well below what I had anticipated and upon entering it was impressed with the ambiance and cleanliness. What a great place and what a great corporate representative in Celeste. 10 stars for sure !!!!

Room Tip: When staying near the Savannah Airport, give this you consideration. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Gordon F,

Thank you so much for the great review! I've said this before, but we are so fortunate to have such a great staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you also found our hotel to be so comfortable for your stay! I am delighted to hear that Celeste has made your stay an enjoyable experience. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated when we are discussing what we need to work on in order to assure that each of our guests has a wonderful experience here in Savannah. We appreciate your business and your continued support of our hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently for business. I used to stay at another Savannah area hotel but they lacked the one thing that is most important to me...CUSTOMER SERVICE.
The staff is friendly and very accommodating. Front desk clerk CELESTE always makes sure that all of my needs are met and that I am treated like a valued guest.
One quick note about this being a pet friendly hotel. I did not know for the longest time that it was pet friendly...that speaks volumes as I am allergic to dog and cat hair. So needless to say this speaks to the cleanliness of this hotel. When in Savannah area I will not stay anywhere else!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear PaulaFromJax,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your latest experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to read that the team was able to make you feel welcome and a part of our family. Other hotels train their staff to treat guest like special customers, we try to treat our guest like family and friends. We at the Comfort Inn & Suites strive each and every day to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and to truly give our guests a "Home Away From Home" when visiting our beautiful city of Savannah. We appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers who are planning to visit our area. Once again, thank you very much. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This is a very conveniently located hotel. Great service; early check in was no problem. Clean rooms; fridge and microwave in standard room. Wendy's and gas station within walking distance. Many restaurants nearby in Pooler. It's a nice 20 min drive to the river but this location was great for easy access to airport for early morning flight; less than 5 mins away. We'll be back in two weeks...completely fell in love with Savannah and this will be my choice hotel.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank roshaykay

Dear roshaykay,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room. We are fortunate enough to be located in an up and coming area that is so close to the Historic District. We at the Comfort Inn & Suites strive each and every day to exceed all of our guests’ expectations and to truly give our guests a "Home Away From Home" when visiting our beautiful city of Savannah. We appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers who are planning to visit Savannah, Ga. Once again, thank you very much. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your return.