“Hoodoo Joe!”

Ranked #21 of 148 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a ride in a real Hearse and see the beautiful historic homes. We tell you stories about Savannah's Ghost's while showing you our remarkable Historic District. Tours are 75 minutes long and their are only eight people per tour! This tour is only $17.00 for Adults and $10 for Children call or email us for reservations. We tour every day of the year!! Private tours are available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a great time and Hoodoo Joe was awesome! We learned a lot about Savannah's hauntings and it's history too! Really informative, funny and the hearse ride was awesome! What a great way to get a tour of the city!

1  Thank Julie S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Again, one of the things I needed to "persuade" my travel buddy to partake in and I may have enjoyed it more than her. Nonetheless it was a fun excursion, if you ignore the shaky seats on the re-purposed hearse. I can't tell you who our guide was, but the dude was knowledgeable about the seedy history of the city and had great comedic timing. I enjoyed the ghost stories and it was great to get out of downtown, historic Savannah for a hot minute. Bonaventure Cemetery was cool and creepy, but I would have enjoyed it more if we could have gone in. Overall a great way to spend a couple of hours.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Mary was our guide/driver a very pleasant and knowledgeable lady. She told great stories and gave history of Savannah. Spooky but not frightening, left you with ideas to research further if so inclined. She told a ghost story of sightings at the hotel we were staying that made the visit even more exciting. Riding in a retired hearse was definitely something I had never really considered doing before but was a good way to see lots of places in a short amount of time, and get lots of looks from others as well. If you go late in the evening take a jacket as riding in the open air can be cool.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Some people are just not qualified to be in a public speaking job. That was the case of our tour guide recently. Our guide was a very nice, amiable man but for the life of me, we could not understand most of what he said. We got about 3 words out of every 10 and most of the time those words were "Evil, evil, evil." Or "oh, yeaaahhh." As I said, he was very nice, and we did learn a few things, but the only saving grace for the trip was the price. It was very reasonable, and it was fun to ride around on a beautiful cool night in Savannah, GA, in a bona fide hearse. I am glad we had jackets! ( I was there in April. ) We heard some tales but missed a lot, I think. Be sure to take care who your guide is.....I hate to name names, but avoid Peg Leg whoever if at all possible.

1  Thank moonspinners
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Brett was our tour guide on a cool Savannah night. He picked us up in the hearse from the beautiful Bohemian Hotel that sits on River St. The tour was around 75 minutes long and Brett shared some great Savannah history and ghost stories with us. The highlight of the tour was our visit inside The Pirates House. There are many ghost stories to be told about The Pirates House but Brett even has photos that show a spirit inside the old gardener's home, that is part of the Pirate's house. You'll get chills that run up and down your spine as you learn about the many ghostly encounters that people have had within The Pirates House. Book this tour for after dark to enhance the experience. We had a lot of fun on the tour and would like to do it again in the future. Boo ya'll!