I stayed at this hotel for two straight months with a film crew while working on a feature film in Savannah. During that time, cash was stolen out of my room on two different occasions - upwards of $900 total. Once out of my suitcase, once out of my dresser drawer. A colleague of mine also had $500 taken from his nightstand.
Complaints and police reports were filed, but very little was done about this. After the first set of robberies, we were told that the suspected offender was let go. After the second robbery, the electronic lock activity on my room door showed that one of my keys was used to open my room while I was at work. This led me to check my nightstand for my spare key, which was missing. Nobody but myself and the housekeeping staff were ever in my room. It appeared to me that the staff found my key in my nightstand and used it to enter my room, having already found where I was hiding my money in my drawer.
I told the manager - Jake - and the police all of this, but they only implied that a colleague of mine may have taken the key - not possible, as nobody was ever in my room - or that I dropped it somewhere - also not possible, as it stayed in my nightstand after the second day I arrived.
The manager went on vacation shortly after the second occurrence and I never heard from him or the police again. When I asked the front desk staff for information, they told me they were instructed by the manager not to discuss the robberies with me, or any of my crew.
I am in charge of booking hotels for film crews when traveling. I will never use this or any other Staybridge Suites for business or personal use again. I have already told my colleagues in the Savannah area - including my travel agent - about this and have encouraged them to do the same.
As an added bonus we learned upon checking out that group stays are not eligible for Priority Club points, so we lived there for two months and received zero points.
It should be noted that the front desk staff - specifically Megan, Karen, and Brooke - were always extremely helpful and pleasant. My negative experience lies solely with management and housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just one mile from Savannah International Airport and within 10 minutes of the historic downtown, the Staybridge Suites(R) Savannah hotel provides award-winning service to business travelers and vacationers alike. From residential-style suites with kitchens and living areas to state-of-the-art amenities, we have everything anyone could need for an unforgettable visit to Savannah.The hotel's corporate guests are sure to appreciate this convenient location and a staff that can help them get things done. In addition to the proximity to the Savannah Airport, the hotel's location makes accessing major area businesses, like Gulfstream Aerospace, FlightSafety, and International Paper, a breeze. We also offer easy access to downtown, shopping and an endless array of attractions for guests who want to explore the vibrant Southern culture and rich history of Savannah. The new Tanger Outlet Mall in Pooler, GA is within walking distance of the hotel and offers an array of shops and restaurants. The hotel's guests can explore River Street with just a 10-minute drive, or pay a visit to the nearby Mighty 8th Air Force Museum. An updated hotel gym, outdoor pool, and courtyard with BBQ grills and putting green enhance our interior amenities. Complimentary Breakfast: Weekdays 6:30AM-9:30AM, Weekends 7:30AM-10:30AM. Complimentary Social with drinks and eats: Tuesday through Thursday 5:30PM-7:30PM. Staybridge Suites hotels do not provide weekend housekeeping service for guests staying over on Saturday or Sunday nights. Towel exchange and replenishment of suite supplies is available 24-hours at the hotel's Front Desk. Rates at Staybridge Suites hotels are generally discounted based on length of stay. Altering your length of stay may impact your rate---contact the hotel's Front Desk for information specific to your reservation. Cash and checks are not accepted at this location. Pets are not accepted at this location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Staybridge Suites