“Disappointment”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke, Virginia
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I should preface this review by stating that we were on our way home from a week at Disney World. We were all exhausted and likely would have slept like rocks most anywhere. But we were very disappointed in the cleanliness, or rather lack thereof. The towels were stained a dingy brown. The carpets were stained. Dust bunnies in the corner. Quite a letdown after a week in the Most Magical Place on Earth. But the worst part was the whirlpool. We specifically were wanting a hotel with a whirlpool to soak away the soreness after our trip, and the whirlpool was colder than the pool. And the walls were paper thin. We heard every noise in the hall and above and below us. What a disappointment. We will not be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur in the future.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

The Team at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I started staying here in 2009. It was very nice, well maintained and well staffed. Since then, I have watched this beautiful facility slowly decay. Nasty old towels, mildewed bathrooms, dirty carpets, extremely cheap paper products, etc, etc. Just sad to watch them save so much money that they go out of business.

Room Tip: Drive past this place and the nearby Sleep Inn that these folks also own.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary W
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Comfort Suites. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our amenities and the condition of our property. You will be happy to know we are in the process of improving product and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments especially because you've been a loyal customer since 2009.

Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Starting in 2009 we stayed here about twice per year. This past August was our last. Carpets in hallways have enough stains for a CSI scene feature. There were cracker crumbs all around the night stand that tells me the cleaning crew needs to be retrained. All the chairs in the dining area are stained as well from food, drink or puke. Overall, it is clear to me that management is blind as well as the cleaning crew. When I say stains, I mean large areas 3-4 inches on the chairs and 12-14 inches on the carpets. I have photo's to back up my comments. We will stay here no more under any circumstances!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. My management team is working hand in hand with the Choice Brand to assure my property meets and exceeds guest expectations moving forward. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to ensure this issue does not re-occur in the future.
We appreciate your loyalty and returning to us every year, twice a year since 2009; in the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Due to the Government shutdown, I stayed at this hotel instead of a downtown Savannah hotel. The reviews were pretty good and the price was great! It's overall a very good hotel for the price. The customer service was exceptional--down to the cleaning crew. Quita at the front desk was extremely helpful and went out of her way even after we left to look for my credit card I thought I left in my room. Breakfast was fine and rooms were clean. However the bathroom molding in the room could be touched up a bit. Overall, had a very nice stay. Unfortunately, all of the events that I was attending were in downtown Savannah and it is a bit far from there. My suggestion is if you have events you plan to attend in downtown Savannah--STAY DOWNTOWN OR AT LEAST--MIDTOWN! Traffic stays heavy and if time is of the essence, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests>

In addition we are glad you enjoyed some of our excellent amenities. We want our guest to have all the comforts of home while staying at our hotel, and a soothing night’s sleep and hot breakfast are just a few ways our team strives to achieve that. I want to apologize that our location was an inconvenience for you.

Conway, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was my birthday weekend (Sunday 6th) I was just looking for some place clean to wind down from a hectic work week and I found it. The room was very clean and that's was very important to me, the hallways were immaculate, the lobby was beautifully decorated and the staff was very nice.Thank you for a wonderful weekend .

• Stayed October 2013
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.
Happy Birthday, I'm so glad we were a part of your special weekend. Thank you for sharing.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2013

No disappointment at Comfort Inn Suites Gateway. Clean, spacious rooms with many amenities. Microwave, refrigerator, large shower, safe, flat screen TV and hot breakfast. Courteous, friendly staff. Only minutes from Historic Savannah.

Room Tip: I would like to stay in the suites that I the whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank HMK33710
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Comfort Suites Savannah Gateway. We appreciate your kind words regarding our clean nice rooms. We value any feedback we receive from our guests.

Best Regards,
HURRCANE,WV
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight here on our way to WV from Sarasota, FL. The general area is very nice; the hotel was clean and seemed relatively new; the breakfast was good; and the staff was polite and knowledgeable. Good restaurant are very close too. My older model GPS unit gave me slight misdirection, but the hotel is located almost directly behind a Ruby Tuesday's and you will have no problem finding it. I will stay here again if I get the opportunity.
Recommended!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room close to the lobby, but it was still quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron H
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Gateway, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.