“Nice hotel, decent location.”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #37 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 5 February 2012

They have a decent breakfast and if you pay an extra $4.00 per night, you get the $10.00 breakfast for free (or $4.00). Not great service, but a nice start to the day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Misty F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was recently there for a soccer tournament and can honestly report that the staff and facilities were great. One staff member in particular made me, our kids and the other parents feel right at home. His name is Bruce. Bruce even shared our victory at the tournament by attending and cheering us on. Just awesome! I will definitely stay there next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from stairwell & ice machine. We stayed in the middle rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ackerline s
hgisavmtgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for your review. Bruce was thrilled to hear that he was able to leave a lasting impression with you and your family. He mentioned he really enjoyed watching y’all win the tournament. We look forward to your return to our hotel!

Bryan Cornelius

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Words cannot express! Hilton Garden Inn is always on top of their game. The hospitality, comfort, cleanliness, and location all A+. I slept like a charm! Would recommend to those passing through the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I am from Ohio and knew nothing of the area. There was a most wonderful employee working at the hotel who was genuinely helpful. I stayed 3 nights. I was there on business and found that after the 1st night and his helping me finding transportation and combined with his contagious smile, I looked forward to seeing that smile. He made this stay the most enjoyable of all my hotel stays. I don't have his last name, but his name is Bruce. You should recognize this employee as very special and honored to have such.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank karengreider
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I visited relatives in Savannah. I have found it to be a lovely experience - nice rooms and especially wonderful customer service. Each time I have been there, a man named Bruce has been especially helpful. There were a couple of minor problems and he helped me with them. On the whole, I would say that this hotel is a great value for those traveling. The rooms are very nice, the restaurant serves delicious food and the staff is more than helpful. If you encounter a problem just explain your situation and I'm sure the staff will find a solution.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Holly R
Reviewed 2 January 2012

As a loyal Diamond member for over 17 years this hotel has been the 2011 winner of horrifying customer service.
First, I drove 5 hours from Orlando and arrived at 1:47 pm. Front desk person stated that the room was not ready as the two parties ahead of me got checked in. I figured that as a top tier member a nice room upgrade was awaiting. I asked her: is it a nice room? Getting yes as an answer. Took all my luggage and business work equipment to my vehicle. I went downtown and got back around 7:00pm. Stacey checked me in and I asked if it was a nice room, obviously referencing an upgraded one. She said, yes. Room 514 was nothing but a standard HGI room. I called her twice as phone rung without answer. Then she said that's what they had left. When my frustration minimized, I decided to complete some business and wifi was down and the ethernet wire cord was broken. Called the eternal not answering front desk to put me on hold for 4 extra minutes. Stacey stated that the wifi problem would get solved ASAP . Ten minutes elapsed and nothing. Called again just to hear the line ring tirelessly forever. Finally, she answered and apologized for the delay on answering as her " coworker " was on break. We are talking here 10pm. She said she would send the technician to the room to check the wifi in the room. This man was clueless, and knew nothing about technology and trouble shooting. After 15 wasted minutes of my time, he said that was going to check the modems and that would come back to the room. Guess what? Never showed up and problem not fixed. No apologies, no calls from front desk to check update, nothing and completely careless.
Next morning a nasty breakfast with burned dried and extremely salty non edible potatoes, empty bread and muffin bowls, but guests that were there for few days said that they had complaint about those potatoes but no one cared I was so disgusted that just checked out and left. I was not even asked how was my stay. I paid and left. Too bad it wasn't a Hampton Inn, I would get my money back. They guarantee excellence and they maintain excellence. That's why they risk it.
I wish everyone a happy new year and hope 2012 brings this hotel prosperity and eagerness to meet with the great Hilton's chain service excellence.

Room Tip: If customer service is bad and they have an I do care attitude, the room will not make a difference
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DoctorEd711
Reviewed 1 January 2012

First time in Savannah GA, picked this hotel through AAA. It appeared to have good ratings. We got in, looked around and found it a bit unclean. There was someone else's hair on the pillow. YUCK! It was late and we were tired and hungry. So we went to get something to eat and asked them to change our bedding. We got back and the beds were made... but the hair (yuck) were still there. Called down stairs and asked for new pillow cases and cancelled our other nights we had scheduled. I was told a manager would be contacting me. We checked out Thurs morning it is now Sun. I never heard from anyone. They are not concerned with customer service at this hotel. During my vacation, I now have to spend time finding another hotel. Does not make a for a good first impression.

Room Tip: If you want to visit historic downtown Savannah. Pay the money to stay downtown. Our second hotel wa...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family