“Nice but.....”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of July 31, 2014 through August 3 2014, it's very nice the rooms are very clean, the location is OK. The staff was great! Parking and the breakfast buffet are the only 2 things that were a problem. If you plan to stay out late, plan on parking on the street, the hotel owns parking across from the hotel but it is dark and the night we were told to park over there 3 suspicious characters were seen running from near a car, I was not sure if they were burglarizing the vehicles parked there but needless to say I parked on the street. My other complaint was the breakfast buffet, food was dried out (except the eggs) the potatoes looked like they were left over from the previous day. I thought it was because we came down late but I checked early the next day, and it was still the same. These are small fixes, otherwise it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away for the weekend and see somewhere we had never been. When we got to the hotel I was surprised to find out that they did not have enough parking in the hotel lot and we had to park either on the street or across the street and that the staff did not seem very friendly. I asked about handicap parking and was surprised to find that it was located on the side of the hotel in an area that did not make it easier for myself or my husband at all to access the building. I was also surprised to find that the parking and the pool was shared with the Hampton Inn which is located on the same block and therefor added to the problems. I later found out that they had no security when I noticed someone hanging and looking in the cars where we had to park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda W
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for recently staying with us. We do apologize that you had difficulty parking with us during your stay. We do provide guests parking at the Hilton Garden Inn as well as the parking garage located directly behind our sister property the Hampton Inn & Suites next door to our hotel. While we do also allow guests from the Hampton to access our outdoor pool, we also allow our guests the opportunity to lay poolside at the Hampton Inn & Suites indoor pool. We apologize if this caused added inconvenience during your stay. We can also assure you that our property is located in a very safe part of town surrounded by retail and dining locations, such as Bonefish Grill, Fresh Market and Publix.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The double queen room was nice, clean, and quiet. It was convenient to old town Savannah. The breakfast buffet was great...lots of hot and cold items to choose from. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is my new favorite for business travel in the Savannah area. Had some issues with booking at another location but Cole saved the day and took care of the situation. I'm very grateful for this level of service as somebody who travels frequently.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I recently had lunch at the lunch buffet. Our server Adam was great!! The food was delicious southern cuisine and the price was also great. The hotel is in a nice location on a main drag with lots of shopping nearby. The hotel is clean and the price is good if you are willing to stay outside of downtown. I will be returning.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We have just completed our stay at this hotel. My wife and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The whole staff is friendly, especially Carol who works for Concierge Services. If you have a question about where to go eat or some where to go just ask her. She is also a joy to just talk to and a real addition to the staff . The restaurant at the hotel is excellent. I got the steak and it was delicious. Overall this hotel is the gold standard by which all others should be measured! We will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently stayed here for a couples trip and had a great time staying here. The only thing that is a pain is parking especially if you come in late from being Downtown there isn't much room for parking and you have to park far away. The rooms are clean and comfortable to sleep in. The bar and happy hour specials are great. overall we had a great time staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Hi Staci. Thanks so much for your review. We're glad to hear you had a great time with us and do apologize for any difficulties you had in locating a parking spot during your stay. We do hope you'll choose to stay with us again next time you're in the area. Thank you, once again, for leaving your review.