Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Planters Inn(Savannah)
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
  • Pool
2,625 results
All reviewsrooftop poolvalet parkinghi expressgreat locationthe riverhistoric districtwithin walking distancecorner roomfree breakfastcity garagebay stself parkper daywould definitely stay here againtrolley stopfront desk staffvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I travel alot for my work and dont usually stay with Holiday Inn. Well that has changed since I stayed in Savannah's Holiday Inn Express Historic District. The charm and hospitality started as soon as I pulled up and was greeted at my car with big friendly smiles and southern hospitality. The Hotel inside was pure Savannah Eligant Charm with true southern hospitality at the front desk...I loved it! All of the staff went over board to make sure my stay was comfortable including giving me a breath taking king size corner view room. Ricardo is one of the staff members that stood out with his friendly professional manners. I have a great respect for people knowing there job and it shows when they love what they are doing..Well BRAVO to the staff and management team at Holiday Inn Express because I am not easliy impressed..I have told my coworkers and friends and plan to stay with them on all of my visits to Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you so much for this outstanding review! We appreciate the compliments that you have given us and delighted to see that my staff was able to make such an impression on you. We believe in making great hotels guest love and for us to completely change your mind on our brand is just amazing. We look forward to your return and making every stay a great stay.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at this wonderful hotel while in Savannah for our son's wedding. It was a fabulous experience. The entire staff was top notch. Our first staff encounter was with the valet service and Nick was great. He helped us unload all of the boxes we brought, plus our luggage, and quickly moved them up to our room. Ana, James, and the rest of the valet crew were so outgoing and obviously enjoyed waht they were doing. The front desk staff was just at engaging. They went above board to help us with anything we needed. Becky, the bartender, made us feel at home and even called Vic's on the River to get a a reservation set up for a small inpromtu Mother of the Groom dinner. The moring breakfast crew was spot on with the food and drink and the dining area was very spacious

The rooms were clean and spacious and we had a great view. The hotel is within walking distance of just about everything you might want to do in Historic Savannah.

We will be certain to stay there again.

Thanks!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lana C
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Congratulations on your new family extension and we hope that your son's wedding was just as remarkable, if not more, than your stay and experience at our property! On your return visit be sure to visit our rooftop pool as well as get out and experience more of our beautiful city! Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I explored many hotel options online and finally decided on Holiday Inn Express Historic District. I might add I stayed as a result of redeeming points. Wonderful place. Clean, great location. Staff is friendly and cordial and extremely helpful. Breakfast comes with stay..the usual biscuits/gravy, pancakes, bacon/sausage, cold cereals, muffins, etc.. very nice and staff, again, very courdial and helpful. I would stay here again with hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a higher level room with a view of the river. very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank goodboysammy

We are glad that we were able to assist you in making your stay enjoyable and also that you the city treated you well! Please be sure to stay with us on your return visit, where we will again do our best to ensure that your stay is remarkable!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed just after Labor Day weekend. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our stay tremendously. Found the room to be beautifully decorated, cozy and exceptionally clean. The staff were some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever found. They couldn't do enough to help us. Breakfast was well done with a large variety of items, hot and cold, to chose from. I will stay in this hotel anytime I visit Savannah in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Your compliments are the reason that we work as hard as we do! Our staff is readily available anytime that you need us. We take pride in showing our customers that southern hospitality is yet alive and well. Thank you for your visit and anytime you wish to return, we are ready to make your stay a memorable one!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel is wonderful for the price you pay. We stayed there the week before Labor Day and paid about $110/night. The hotel smells nice when you walk in, the check-in is easy and quick, and the entire hotel is very clean. The staff are very friendly, however, if you plan on sleeping in, put your "do not disturb" sign on your door, because sometimes the cleaning ladies come early. The last day we were there they came at 9:30am and check-out wasn't until 11am. The free breakfast is really nice (pancakes, eggs, biscuits, ham steaks or sausages, gravy, lots of muffins, breads, bagels, juice and fruit) and everything was hot. We were able to purchase tickets for several tours through the hotel, and they even called the trolley shuttle to come and pick us up for the tours. The rooms were very clean, but can be on the small side and our bathroom was huge! The pool and rooftop deck were very nice and clean, and you are able to bring bottles of wine, beer, etc and drink up there. The hotel is in prime location for everything and nothing was too far of a walk. Parking can be kind of a hassle unless you valet park, and its the same price. One of the valets helped us unload the car, put the bags on the cart and even came up with me to help me get them off the cart and then took the cart back downstairs.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we are thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and that you are willing to return for yet another stay. Our beautiful city is home to a host of activities and sites that are suitable for all ages, so on your next visit be sure to check out a few things that you may have missed before. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!