“Very Good, but a bit Noisy”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #12 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
COLUMBIA
“Very Good, but a bit Noisy”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I mostly enjoyed the hotel. A previous reviewer noted they were in room 218 and complained about noise from the blowing sign. We stayed in 418 and the sign didn't bother us, but there was a good bit of noise from the street. Seems like folks like to cruise Bay Street until the wee hours with the bass turned way up. We didn't have trouble going to sleep around midnight, but were awakened several times during the night by street noise. Maybe the noise is part of the hazard of big city visiting, but if you know to ask for an odd numbered room this place is really good. Our corner room was very nicely appointed. The breakfast was more than adequate with lots of hot and cold choices. Parking is in the city garage next store and if you don't use the hotel valet, it's very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again, knowing how to select a room.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room. You can't get one of the larger corner rooms, but you can sleep.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Arabic first
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I had a lovely stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The location was central to all that Savannah has to offer. While the hotel is on busy Bay St (truck thoroughfare), I found the street to be rather quiet overnight. I had a wonderful, updated room with a view. Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast - nothing fancy but will do.

Unlike others, I had absolutely no problems with the internet.

Only thing that would have made my stay nicer would have been a heads up when checking in about the roof top pool. I didn't even know it was there until my last night!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kpiter01
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Was so very pleased with this hotel ! Our great experience began from the minute we walked in the door. From the extremely friendly valet gentleman to the folks at the desk who were both friendly, welcoming and helpful to the clean, well-appointed rooms to the perfect location to walking distance to everything in historic Savannah, I would definately stay here on my next visit. The free breakfast was a pleasant surprise. After spending hours on the internet choosing a reasonably priced, clean and convenient hotel, this exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lmws1
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Awesome!!! Thank you for acknowledging our staff and leaving a wonderful review. We really enjoyed having you a part of our southern family. Thank you and please come again.
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a king corner room. The room itself was very nice, although I was disappointed to be on the 2nd floor with not much of a view. The main problem was the large metal hotel sign just between the windows. It swung back and forth all night, creaking and groaning. The staff say that nothing can be done. I suggest a lot of grease and an extra chain to hold it still. Avoid room 218!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed 26 October 2012

If you are a light sleeper stay away. Our room overlooked looked Bay Street and there was constant traffic all night long. I am not sure I got any sleep. While the rooms were nice and clean, the toilet handle was broke and somehow they completely ran out of caffeinated coffee packets for the rooms. The night before we stayed at a different nearby hotel and would of stayed the second night there but they had no rooms available. It was amazing and very peaceful. I will go back there next time I am in Savannah.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not completely satisfying. We look to make everyone have a positive experience and knowing that you didn't, make us disappointed. We have other rooms besides on Bay Street that are much quieter. I'm sure one of our front desk agents can assist the next time you need more supplies. Please don't let this one experience ruin your view of our hotel.
Leesburg
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This Holiday Inn is great. Very clean, quiet and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The best part is the location!!! River Street is practically across the street and you can walk just about everywhere. Great restraunts nearby and anything you need. I have another reservation coming up in the near future. This is my choice to stay when I'm on Savannah.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed 3 nights here. This was the 6th of 7 hotels we used on our 3 week road trip. While expensive, we were pleased with our room and the hotel amenities. The room we were given was surprisingly large with a chesterfield/sitting area -- so nice to have when you just want to relax. This,the hotel's location and the rooftop patio lead us to a 4 of 5 rating. The bed was very comfortable. I noted that the carpet in our room was rather grubby and stained and either needs a thorough cleaning or replacement. The rest of the room was very clean and well cared for. The rooftop patio was a pleasant suprise and we enjoyed sitting up there at the end of a day of tramping about. We chose to park ourselves (cheaper) as we expected to be on foot most of our stay. Breakfast was what we expect at Holiday Inn Express and was fine. I do suggest separating the cold breakfast items (cereal etc) from the hot food items as the line up for hot food became quite long. I also would suggest a different display/distribution cabinet for the hot food. Holding up a large glass cover to reach food on one tier and then having to do it again with the other tier is very awkward. There was a lot of food spilled. Hotel staff were prompt to answer questions when asked and we were always welcomed back at the end of our days out. So I would say pricey but pleasant.

Room Tip: Looking at the floor map on the back of the door, we lucked out with a larger room than others on...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple