“A very pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #10 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room was clean although the housekeeping staff seemed perturbed that we were still in the room at 9:00AM on the Saturday we were there. Additionally it seemed that there may not be a checklist for housekeeping to use as the condition of the room varied each day of our stay. Although nothing terrible the housekeeping was not consistent.
The Hot breakfast was much more than anticipated and varied from day to day. The wait staff were extremely friendly and seemed to genuinely wish to assist diners with requests.
This hotel is just across the street and down a flight of stairs from the river and just about centered on the commercial district on River Street.
All in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room on floor 6 or above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such an amazing review. Looking forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Savannah, but this was my first stay at this HIE (Usually stay at The Mulberry Inn, which is closed and not a HI property anymore). The location is slightly better than the Mulberry. The staff are all extremely courteous. The parking situation (twenty dollars a day for valet parking, odd for a HIE), is really the ONLY complaint. In all other aspects a GREAT example of the Holiday Inn Express brand.

Room Tip: I would suggest balcony with river view, the higher the better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Briketron

Thanks for the amazing review, we want to be your choice hotel when visiting Savannah!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel was exactly what we hoped for. A block away from the Savannah River Waterfront and in the middle of shops and wonderful eateries. Nice facility, comfortable rooms, very clean, with great amenities. Free parking lot just next door. We will return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BDF527
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thanks for the awesome review! Please come again!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

When we travel as a family, we frequently stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. They are consistently in good locations, clean, friendly staff, safe, nice rooms, covered entrance for unloading bags, and have full (including hot) breakfast options. The HIE in Savannah is no exception. We thoroughly enjoyed out stay here. The breakfasts were abundant with choices, our room had very comfortable beds and was clean, and this property is in an excellent location. Right on Bay street so close to the waterfront plus walking distance to all over the city. We parked our car in the parking deck for $6 a day and never moved it during our stay. Would recommend this hotel to all types of travelers unless you are looking for a more local themed or eclectic hotel. In this case, would explore other options.

Room Tip: Park in the parking deck for $6 vs. $20 a day for valet. You will not need a car here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyRouge

All Around Great Stay! What a compliment! We want to be your choice hotel when visiting Savannah, tell all your friends!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We chose this hotel for it's proximity to River Street, and we were not disappointed. The hotel itself is immaculately clean and very nicely decorated. This is by far the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. We had a corner king room on the 8th floor with views of the river. The room was large and bright, with 4 large windows for easy viewing of the ship traffic. The decor fit the "historic" atmosphere of the city, as well as the rest of the hotel. The rooftop pool area is a great place to unwind after exploring the city, as well as to watch the passing ships. The staff were very friendly and accommodating as well as knowledgeable about the area restaurants, sites, etc. Breakfast offered many choices, both hot and cold, and was a great convenience for starting off the day. Many restaurants close by, as well as shopping. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again in a minute! My thanks to Chelsea for securing the room that I requested, she was an absolute pleasure to work with...

Room Tip: Request a corner room with river view, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the 5 stars! Chelsey is a gem, and I will let her know she is doing an outstanding job! We are looking forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while in Savannah for a conference for work. I used reward points to book it because I couldn't afford it other wise. Close to River Street, good location to some restaurants. I was able to get checked in, no problem. Since I'm a platinum member, paid $15 a night for parking, which isn't horrible I guess. The only issue I had was that when I checked out, I didn't get a receipt under my door because "I booked with rewards points". I still need proof I stayed for work, you know? Free breakfast if you want it, rooms were clean, halls were quiet. A good find if you can

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback! And thanks for being a valued Platinum Member! I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us! Please contact me if you’re in need of a receipt, although all reward night stays are direct billed to IHG, I would be happy to provide proof of stay with us. My email is hope.garner@savannahlodging.com, or 912-231-9000 ext. 6101. Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We just visited the historic area of Savannah and wanted to share are wonderful experience with the Holiday Inn Express. This hotel was a class act from start to finish. The staff was outstanding at making us feel like we were valued and welcome. In the lobby, the desk staff quickly checked us in and the concierge gave us maps and some recommendations of things to do. Our room was clean, had updated decor and great internet access. The continental breakfast provided each morning had a variety of food choices and the area was clean; breakfast staff very helpful. This hotel had a great location, across from the Riverfront, across the street from a trolley pickup, close to many stores, restaurants and walking areas. The parking behind the hotel, while not run by the hotel, was close in proximity and well-lit.
We had one issue with our key not working and the hotel manager, Hope, took care of it quickly and efficiently. She even compensated us for the inconvenience. Her customer service skills and the staff that worked under her, were fantastic. Making us feel like we were important goes a long way in how we feel about a stay away from home. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to this area.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is high and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori F

WOW! What an outstanding compliment. Thank you for taking the time to give us such an awesome review, you included all the perks we offer, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! I love guest that give me the opportunity to fix any challenges they may encounter while staying at out facility, it's my chance to show them that we care and want every aspect of their stay to be outstanding. Thanks for giving me that opportunity! We are looking forward to your return. You rock!