“Wonderful Hotel, Perfect Location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Wonderful Hotel, Perfect Location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I just finished our first visit to Savannah's beautiful historic district, We were thrilled with our choice of this lovely hotel. The amenities are wonderful. Roof top pool and hot tub with fabulous views of the river. The rooms are beautiful with large flat screen televisions. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of choices and plenty of tables. We were just across the street from the River District and around the corner from the Olde Pink House restaurant.
We would definitely stay here and only here again next time we visit. The people working here were all so pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We opted for a room with a view. We'll worth the up charge. We had a great view of the River.
1 Thank Peggy N
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thanks for the 5 star ratings, I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your time here in Savannah, please come back and see us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My elderly folks and I stayed here one night and it was the perfect place. Great central location for the historic district. Parking garage right next door....the OIde Pink House restaurant next door to that. My parents don't move around very easily but the design and construction of this hotel was very friendly to the mobility-challenged. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Nice roof top pool and patio with river view...perfect for us smokers!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thanks you for the kind words, please come back and see us!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I am a Platinum member, a frequent traveler and a reviewer who will be very honest. I was disappointed that I couldn't use points to book here, but it was a busy weekend with few rooms available.
After a two hour drive, I was greeted by 3 smiling valet people, checked in by a lovely gal who described all the hotel areas and services and who offered help in any way at any time.I was in my room on 8th floor in no time.
My room had a view of an alley with a dumpster, alas. But, the room had a fridge and microwave, plus food and drink vending on every floor. The bed was dreamy, the room was clean and the pool and hot tub on top floor were very nice. The view at night was lovely. I agree with other reviewers, more attention to cleaning ashtrays, bottles and restocking towels is needed! A small workout room was available with a few machines. There is a bar attached to the lobby as well.
Breakfast is pretty typical HI Express, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt,etc. However, they had a fresh pancake rolling machine which thrilled the kids! The area was clean, everything hot and plentiful and the two ladies working there were delightful! Nice area to relax and there are newspapers available.
There was a concierge desk with tourist help as well as a restaurant and menu book in the lobby. Of course, the best thing about the hotel is the amazing location. You are byRiver Street, blocks from Broughton Street and a step away from a trolley or bus. My room was blissfully quiet as well.
Sorry to read that others had service issues. I found every single employee to be smiling, friendly and helpful. I was very impressed with this hotel and it has been the best of my choices in four visits. I will always return here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LLindaC
WOW, thank you for taking the time to write us such an amazing review, we certainly appreciate it. As an Elite Platinum Member your feedback is very important to us and I’m happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay. Thanks you for your loyalty to the brand and we are looking forward to your return. You Rock!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have been to Savannah quite a few times and have to say that this hotel, for us, was the best location yet. A very easy walk to just about everywhere in the historic district. Easy parking. As we are IHG Platinum members, we could park for $15.00 with valet, which is worth the value. Give them the car and be done with it.

Check in was very busy. Things went fine though as room was ready. We were greeted as Platinum members and given a snack as our amenity for being Platinum. This was a bit of a surprise to us since many hotels give something a bit more than just a rice krispie bar, but many of the hotels have a bar or restaurant so offer something free there. As this was an Express, they did not have that option. We had booked a king corner suite and that was what we were given. Once again, not complaining as it was a great room, but most of the time we are given an upgrade as Platinum.

OK done with my minor issues, everything else here is great! Love location. We could view both the river and the street side by the Hampton across the street. If you can get a corner king, on one of the higher floors.....get it! Liked having a wet bar with refrig in the room as we did have a couple drinks relaxing in our room.

Breakfast room is good. Nice options and service. Not that crowded. Lots of people coming and going but nothing that can't be handled as we had no problems getting food or a seat.

Elevator was always busy and had to wait for it going and coming but since we were on vacation, this was not much of a problem.

Concierge was very friendly and helpful to those who stopped by. We did not as we are familiar with the area, but were always greeted warmly.

Very nice pool for a Holiday Inn Express. We went there on the sunny, warm day we had and enjoyed it. Could look over the edge and watch the freighters leaving. Had plenty of seating. A very nice covered area for a group to sit and talk. Would have liked to have more towels. We went to work out in the morning and there were no towels at that time. When we came back for the pool area, there were a few towels but noticed later in the day, none were there again. As this was early in the season, would have to assume this gets better as it gets busier at the pool/work out area.

Overall, I would return to this property. Great room, great views and great location.

Have to put in a plug for a terrific restaurant just a short walk from the hotel, 17 Hundred 90 is not only a restaurant but also a historic inn that is supposedly haunted by friendly ghosts also.
We had dinner here one night and it was terrific! Loads of excellent food for very reasonable prices in a "rat pack" type atmosphere. Piano player in the corner playing old tunes. We were waiting for Frank Sinatra to come out! It was fun as something different from the normal options.
And, the drinks were extremely reasonably priced too which is something you don't find in a tourist city. So go there if you like something like I described as you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank for the awesome feedback, as a Platinum Member I'm happy to hear you greeted and provided discounted parking for your loyalty. Please come back and see us upon your return to Savannah, I'll make sure I offer you an amenity of your choice! Have a great day!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Pulled up to valet the three off them are just standing there with their faces hanging out. Check in easy room nice but be sure to ask for high floor I had nice view of parking garage. The air conditioner not so good either but I could have asked I guess. Overall it is a nice place.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Hockeybo
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for the valuable feedback; and I want to apologize for the lack of service you received. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and hear ways we can better serve you. I can be reached at 912-231-9000 ext. 6101 or hope.garner@savannahlodging.com. Thanks in advance.
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Property is nicely situated in the Savannah historic district within easy walking distance to most everything you would want to do there. The room was good but during our visit one of the elevators was out of service causing long backups for the one remaining elevator. Strangely the desk was often unattended, we had poor service at the small bar near the lobby and the valet service was very slow. For the price, service should have been much better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I want to apologize for the service you recieved during the course of your stay. That is in no way what we're about at the Holiday Inn Express. I would love the opportunity to hear a little more about your experience here, please contact me at 912-231-9000 ext. 6101 or hope.garner@savannahlodging.com. Thanks in advance.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at this hotel. From the moment that we arrived the staff was very helpful and even arranged for us to check in a little early. The location of the hotel is ideal and you are able to walk to all the sights in Savannah. The hotel is located across the street from the riverfront and the trolley also stops outside. The room was very clean and breakfast in the morning was good also. The concierge was helpful and I would recommend taking a trolley tour to orientate you to the beautiful city. The rooftop pool was nice and gave you a nice view of the city, but the weather was too cold for us to really enjoy it. We would definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Savannah!

1 Thank marie p
Thanks for the kind words and writing us such a great review. I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed your stay and was able to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer. We would love to be your choice hotel when visiting Savannah! Have an awesome day!