Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just home from our 4 day stay in Savannah. This was our second visit to the Holiday Inn HD. As before it was just right for us.. EVERYONE there was friendly and helpful, could not ask for more. The rooms and facilities were always clean and well maintained. We purchased a city parking pass just around the corner from the HI. We never had to move the car, as all of the Historic District is easily reached on foot. Forgot to mention the breadfast. Is should satisfy everyones needs!!

Thanks,
John and Jean Pratt
Homer, NY

Room Tip: A room with a river view if you are a ship watcher..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thanks Pratt family for taking the time to write about your "second" stay with us! I will be anticipating a 3rd very soon right? Thanks for making us your choice hotel when visiting Savannah, you are surely valued here at the Holiday Inn Express! You rock! Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

our stay was for my birthday courtesy of our son and daughter-in-law. upon arrival we were quickly checked in and I was given a surprise birthday gift! one little problem, the elevator was not working, we were on the 7th floor...things happen...immediately four or five guys appeared and whisked our belongings to our room. the elevator was repaired by evening and the walk up and down the stairs was possibly a blessing "we discovered leopold's ice cream". room was very nice, river view. excellent location for walk to all the exceptional historic homes, squares and restaurants. staff very helpful and gracious, every single one of them, from check in thru check out, including the breakfast room employees "the buffet was always clean and well stocked, not an easy task and they were always smiling". the roof top is very nice, take a peek. our last night we just did not want to leave, called the desk and asked for a stay over, which was arranged and we could keep the same room. a little confusion at check out, but was all resolved. all in all a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us such an amazing review, and for being so understanding about our elevators. I'm happy to hear the staff was so accommodating during your stay and always willing to assist you with any and all concerns. We try our very best to deliver outstanding service and it makes my day to know that although there were challenges with the elevator, because of the service you managed to have an enjoyable stay. What a compliment! Looking forward to your return, have a great day!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I just finished our first visit to Savannah's beautiful historic district, We were thrilled with our choice of this lovely hotel. The amenities are wonderful. Roof top pool and hot tub with fabulous views of the river. The rooms are beautiful with large flat screen televisions. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of choices and plenty of tables. We were just across the street from the River District and around the corner from the Olde Pink House restaurant.
We would definitely stay here and only here again next time we visit. The people working here were all so pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We opted for a room with a view. We'll worth the up charge. We had a great view of the River.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggy N

Thanks for the 5 star ratings, I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your time here in Savannah, please come back and see us!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My elderly folks and I stayed here one night and it was the perfect place. Great central location for the historic district. Parking garage right next door....the OIde Pink House restaurant next door to that. My parents don't move around very easily but the design and construction of this hotel was very friendly to the mobility-challenged. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Nice roof top pool and patio with river view...perfect for us smokers!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks you for the kind words, please come back and see us!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I am a Platinum member, a frequent traveler and a reviewer who will be very honest. I was disappointed that I couldn't use points to book here, but it was a busy weekend with few rooms available.
After a two hour drive, I was greeted by 3 smiling valet people, checked in by a lovely gal who described all the hotel areas and services and who offered help in any way at any time.I was in my room on 8th floor in no time.
My room had a view of an alley with a dumpster, alas. But, the room had a fridge and microwave, plus food and drink vending on every floor. The bed was dreamy, the room was clean and the pool and hot tub on top floor were very nice. The view at night was lovely. I agree with other reviewers, more attention to cleaning ashtrays, bottles and restocking towels is needed! A small workout room was available with a few machines. There is a bar attached to the lobby as well.
Breakfast is pretty typical HI Express, eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt,etc. However, they had a fresh pancake rolling machine which thrilled the kids! The area was clean, everything hot and plentiful and the two ladies working there were delightful! Nice area to relax and there are newspapers available.
There was a concierge desk with tourist help as well as a restaurant and menu book in the lobby. Of course, the best thing about the hotel is the amazing location. You are byRiver Street, blocks from Broughton Street and a step away from a trolley or bus. My room was blissfully quiet as well.
Sorry to read that others had service issues. I found every single employee to be smiling, friendly and helpful. I was very impressed with this hotel and it has been the best of my choices in four visits. I will always return here!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LLindaC

WOW, thank you for taking the time to write us such an amazing review, we certainly appreciate it. As an Elite Platinum Member your feedback is very important to us and I’m happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay. Thanks you for your loyalty to the brand and we are looking forward to your return. You Rock!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have been to Savannah quite a few times and have to say that this hotel, for us, was the best location yet. A very easy walk to just about everywhere in the historic district. Easy parking. As we are IHG Platinum members, we could park for $15.00 with valet, which is worth the value. Give them the car and be done with it.

Check in was very busy. Things went fine though as room was ready. We were greeted as Platinum members and given a snack as our amenity for being Platinum. This was a bit of a surprise to us since many hotels give something a bit more than just a rice krispie bar, but many of the hotels have a bar or restaurant so offer something free there. As this was an Express, they did not have that option. We had booked a king corner suite and that was what we were given. Once again, not complaining as it was a great room, but most of the time we are given an upgrade as Platinum.

OK done with my minor issues, everything else here is great! Love location. We could view both the river and the street side by the Hampton across the street. If you can get a corner king, on one of the higher floors.....get it! Liked having a wet bar with refrig in the room as we did have a couple drinks relaxing in our room.

Breakfast room is good. Nice options and service. Not that crowded. Lots of people coming and going but nothing that can't be handled as we had no problems getting food or a seat.

Elevator was always busy and had to wait for it going and coming but since we were on vacation, this was not much of a problem.

Concierge was very friendly and helpful to those who stopped by. We did not as we are familiar with the area, but were always greeted warmly.

Very nice pool for a Holiday Inn Express. We went there on the sunny, warm day we had and enjoyed it. Could look over the edge and watch the freighters leaving. Had plenty of seating. A very nice covered area for a group to sit and talk. Would have liked to have more towels. We went to work out in the morning and there were no towels at that time. When we came back for the pool area, there were a few towels but noticed later in the day, none were there again. As this was early in the season, would have to assume this gets better as it gets busier at the pool/work out area.

Overall, I would return to this property. Great room, great views and great location.

Have to put in a plug for a terrific restaurant just a short walk from the hotel, 17 Hundred 90 is not only a restaurant but also a historic inn that is supposedly haunted by friendly ghosts also.
We had dinner here one night and it was terrific! Loads of excellent food for very reasonable prices in a "rat pack" type atmosphere. Piano player in the corner playing old tunes. We were waiting for Frank Sinatra to come out! It was fun as something different from the normal options.
And, the drinks were extremely reasonably priced too which is something you don't find in a tourist city. So go there if you like something like I described as you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank for the awesome feedback, as a Platinum Member I'm happy to hear you greeted and provided discounted parking for your loyalty. Please come back and see us upon your return to Savannah, I'll make sure I offer you an amenity of your choice! Have a great day!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Pulled up to valet the three off them are just standing there with their faces hanging out. Check in easy room nice but be sure to ask for high floor I had nice view of parking garage. The air conditioner not so good either but I could have asked I guess. Overall it is a nice place.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Hockeybo
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks for the valuable feedback; and I want to apologize for the lack of service you received. I would love the opportunity to speak with you and hear ways we can better serve you. I can be reached at 912-231-9000 ext. 6101 or hope.garner@savannahlodging.com. Thanks in advance.