“Maya and Santiana made my stay the best ever!!”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I got in very late the first night due to plane delays from lightning. I was tired and hungry. Maya Johnson was so helpful, pleasant and just plain wonderful. She sent me to the best eatery which was very close to the hotel.
The last day of my trip, I had the pleasure of speaking with both Maya and Santiana Lewis. The conversation was delightful and I lost track of time! You have wonderful young people who take great care of your guests. Please remunerate them accordingly, these 2 young ladies are valuable assets to your business. I will be back to stay again.

It was great to explore right out the front door of the hotel and see the Riverfront. Savannah is amazing with much to offer travellers. I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for the amazing compliments extended to both Maya and Santiana, they are truly amazing girls and I'm lucky to have them! I am more excited to hear how welcoming and accommodating they were to you and because of the great service, you have planned to revisit us in the future; that's amazing. I will let the girls know of the great job they are doing! You rock!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent a very enjoyable four night stay. Hotel was clean and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Happy hour was a nice treat. Used the pool and cabana several times to beat the heat. Location to restaurants, historic sites and the river is great. Only downside was checking out, took 45 minutes to get our car, they didn't seem ready for the rush. Otherwise, a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dbopen

Thanks for your valuable feedback, please come again!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although the staff very nice and helpful when walking into hotel is in serious need of cleaning- the elevators r dirty- some of the walls r missing molding finishing pieces. Got to my room and the carpet is stained the beds had clean sheets but I can tell the comforters were not clean as I smelled someone else's either scented lotion or perfume on my comforter. Shower has no water pressure and always felt slimy when getting out of the shower - huge deal beaker for me- too noisy in the morning walls too thin don't like to hear what's going on outside- the valet is so slow in getting car that I would rather park myself- not a good waiter. I had just left a holiday inn in charleston and it was fabulous. All other holiday inn should take note!! The one in charleston does it right!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia Z

I'm sorry your experience with our facility were not to your standards. I will definitely take your feedback into consideration for the benefit of future guest satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback and have a great day!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Loved this hotel.It was in a great location.The breakfast was also very good.The room was very roomy.It was a very hot day so we swam in the rooftop pool which was great.The price was also very good considering the location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank activeanne
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thanks for the great review, please come again next time your visiting Savannah!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Awesome location in historic downtown Savannah, but you do pay a price for the location. Hotel was nice. Staff could have been a little friendlier upon check-in, and although the room was nice, the mattress was terrible. I woke up with back & neck stiffness every morning. However, I did not let this ruin my overall experience. Breakfast choices were decent and the dining room staff were attentive. Oh, and you must check out the rooftop pool!

Room Tip: The corner rooms (preferably the higher the floor, the better) offer the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ophelia620

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please come again!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

As with every hotel, there will be good and bad. I will tell the bad so you get an idea of the few things that did go wrong, but will end with the good, since for the most part we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

The bad- There seemed to always only be one working elevator, and since there is no staff elevator, you sometimes have to wait a while to go up or down since one cleaning lady with a cart takes up half the elevator, and they don't always like to move for you to get past. After dragging our tired carcasses, our two children, and our car full of stuff up to our room on the 5th floor, we discovered that neither of our two room keys worked, so my husband had to face the elevator debacle again to get a working key. After getting annoyed at the wait trying to get back up, he decided to would be more advantageous to take 5 flights of stairs. Some of the staff seemed like they wanted to be anywhere but work, but they were definitely in the minority. At checkout, we went to get our car from valet (there was not a single day where there was parking available in the self parking) and discovered that whoever had gotten our car had pushed the seat back so much and with so much force that our car seat almost took off the headrest. They definitely made up for this by taking an incident report and refunding the $80 of valet charges, The oddest thing about the hotel is the water- I never felt I got fully clean when taking a shower or washing my hands, and I always felt a bit sticky even after washing up. It was very peculiar.

The good- Our room was on the quiet side of the hotel (away from the street- we didn't have any view to speak of but the hotel is only across the street from the Riverwalk, so we really didn't mind) and was clean and well appointed. We asked for a pack and play for our daughter and a gentleman brought up a crib, which was an unexpected surprise. There are both soft and firm pillows on the beds that are labeled so you know what you're getting. Breakfast every day was great- there's a pancake machine that we used every morning, and there's a revolving selection of eggs and proteins, which was nice. The breakfast area staff were incredibly polite and happy, and made sure everything was constantly stocked. The pool area is very nice and has a gorgeous view off of the roof, although the hot tub isn't really a hot tub, really, more like a warm tub with jets. The location is prime, a block away from the Riverwalk and within a few blocks of some great local restaurants. The only time we drove anywhere is when we decided to go out to Tybee Island, but other than that, we walked around the city.

Overall, we loved this hotel. With the exception of a couple people, the staff was incredibly friendly and courteous. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I think I've ever had. When we come back to Savannah, this will definitely be the place we go.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a room away from Bay Street. There is a ton f traffic on that street at a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I'm happy that overall your stay was good, and we appreciate the ratings you've extended us! However, I am interested to hear a little more about the individuals you encountered during the course of your stay that appeared unwelcoming. We never want any of our guest to feel they were not greeted or treated as valued guest while at our facility. Please email me at hope,garner@savannahlodging.com. I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon. Have an awesome day!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found this hotel through trip advisor and everyone was right. This is a great hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. The rooftop pool and lounging area were very nice and great place to cool off after exploring the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for the awesome review, please come back!