“My Favorite Holiday Inn Express so far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
New Jersey
“My Favorite Holiday Inn Express so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

This hotel is fantastic. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a great bathroom. It's located right across the street from the Riverwalk. The best part about this hotel is without a doubt the staff. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful; the valets, the front desk, the concierge , everyone. And every restaurant they recommended was perfect for what we were looking for.

This was a great trip, and the hotel is as good as it gets. For what we paid I would have been happy with a decent room that was clean. What we got was beautiful spotless rooms and a staff that made us feel welcome. When I return to Savannah, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

Hubby and I spent a full week in Savannah and stayed at this wonderful hotel right in the hub and walking distance of everything. Our room was wonderful and the only noise we heard was an occassional door closing. The complimentry breakfasts were the same every morning and very good. You certainly don't go away hungry or feeling like you've eaten a lot of carbs. The eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy were good but often we decided on a yogart cup with some fruit and a bagel.
From our window we watched tug boats go by and cargo ships so close you could read the writing on the side of the hull.
The river walk was fun with lots of tourist shops and we found one good restaurant, Vic's on the River, a little expensive but good.
The first thing you should do is take a guided bus or trolley tour. You'll get a good feel for where everything is located.
People are so friendly and helpful. You can't get lost.
Savannah has some very colorful people as was depicted in the movie and book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. A must see and read if you're going.
We rented a car so we could go to Charleston and Hilton Head. Both lovely places to see.
We kept seeing signs advertising The Crab Shack so we went looking for it. It's located on Tybee Island and aside from the fact that it's been there for years, we found it hard to find and way over priced but it was an experience. Everything is served in or on styrofoam. This place probably has a lot of history but it sure could use some sprucing up. Our bill for two very small cups of chowder and two beers was $29 not including the tip. You eat on old picnic type tables with the center cut out and a garbage can placed in the middle. Napkins are a roll of paper towels and they don't serve bread of any sort, just packaged soda crackers. As I said, it was an experience.
The weather was perfect. Not to hot or cold and very little humidity.
Savannah is charming and I'm sure we will visit again one day.

1 Thank Blooms65
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

On a recent trip to Savannah, we stayed at this location. Everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly (even late at night). The view from the roof was fun and the exercise area was generous. Everything is within walking distance!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

I went to Savannah for a jazz festival and gave this hotel a try. First and foremost, the service was incredible! There is an extra fee for valet parking, but I was on vacation and wanted to relax. From the moment I pulled up, a valet, Rodney, greeted me, learned my name and called by name every time he saw me. He brought my bags up to my rooom, gave great recommendations for places to go and tips for parking around the festival. If you want efficient delivery of your car from the valet, call ahead downstairs. The valet area can become crowded. One of the managers, Jameel, made me feel like I was at home and could ask for anything. He gave great restaurant recommendations and made all of my reservations for me. He even walked me to the sidewalk in front of the hotel and personally gave me directions to one restaurant where I had reservations. One night, I had dinner at Vic's on the River (the food was great) and got a crabby waiter that gave me horrible service. Jameel even apologized to me for my experience at the restaurant and felt responsible because he recommended the place. The hotel has been recently renovated and everything in the rooms appeared new. The room was slightly smaller than average, but it was very clean and maid service kept it that way during my entire stay. The location is perfect and in walking distance to just about everything you may want see or do including a nice trip to the beach. The rooftop pool is a nice place to relax and a must see. I did not use the fitness center, but it looked adequate when I glanced inside the door. The area of improvement I can recall is that the lobby area is relatively small and can get crowded at peak check out hours. You really can not go wrong with staying at this hotel. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
mahwah , nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

This was the first time that my husband and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and we were very pleased with the accommodations. Loved the decor of the room. Comfortable beds and it was a nice addition to have pillow cases in-printed with firm or soft . I was happy to see a stalled tiled shower as opposed to a combination shower/tub. It would have been nice to have a make-up mirror in the bathroom but I guess that is minor compared to our overall satisfaction. Everything is in walking distance.
We thought that we would eat at Mrs Wilkes but we found out that they are closed on the weekend. Instead we had a delicious dinner at The Olde Pink House. I had the flounder which is their signature dish and it was the BEST flounder ever. I devoured every last morsel. Our waiter (who by the way was a look-a like to Matt Damon) was very accommodating to my husband who is a finicky eater. Everything about Savannah was great !!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2009

We spent a week at Easter on a pure vacation. I was continually impressed with the attention to the needs of guests and overall quality of the property. It was on a level with Intercontintal hotels I have stayed out. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Sioux Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

My husband and I decided to attend the Legends of Golf tournament so stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It was a great location and most of all we met Becki. She definitely made us and everybody else feel at home and comfortable. She had lots of great recommendations (Vics on the River and the Pink House) and got us last minute reservations. She remembered our names everyday and did a great job. She made the trip very enjoyable.

• 2 of 5 bubbles