Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Finding this hotel in Savannah is a gem. The location is perfect for sightseeing. The hotel is clean and remodeled. The breakfast area is large and accomodating to all the guests. I am finding more and more as I travel that the consistency of this chain and their services, rooms, and overall cleanliness is something I can depend on. I enjoyed staying here, and I hope to again someday. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MYBOOPER

Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed here on a friday night and it was perfect. The hotel is very nice, breakfast in the morning is perfect and the location couldn't be better. We had 5 in our room and we were able to get a rollaway at no extra charge. We would definately stay here again and recommended this to everyone. You can park yourself or for $15 do valet. The valet was nice since you can come & go for the day. At check out we were able to pack our car and have them repark it until we were ready to leave.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank luvmy3kids
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Found this hotel through trip advisor and its reviewers. I stayed on a trip along the I95 corridor and wanted to avoid the horrible hotels you find near the highway. It is about 15min drive on I-16 from I-95.

The hotel is very centrally located in the historic distric. We got the 5th floor and could see the huge cargo ship flowing up the river. The famous River street is just across the hotel and one of the 20 city squares is located behind the hotel.

From the moment we walked, we knew this was going to be a great hotel. The smell was very inviting and the hardwood floors in the lobby were to die for. The decorations through out the lobby area and room were amazing.

We had a microwave and fridge in the room, along with an LCD TV. We were given the handicap room so the bathroom was huge. There are a couple of minor problems that I have to mention and I also told the front desk staff who very quickly called the manager and gave us a very large credit to our rate.

First, there was urine in the toilet and some hairs on the tub. I was very suprised because everything else look impecable. We checked the sheets and they were clean so we decided to stay. The next day we also found a half empty bottle of soda in the fridge, so I'm guessing house cleaning must have goofed and that's why the manager was so generous.

Second minor problem was the metal strip that holds the carpet down right outside the bathroom threshold had some small nails that pricked my heel when I walked over it. Don't misunderstand this part. This is really minor. Carpets are held down along the edges of walls by laying down a metal strip with small sharp spikes. Typically the carpets are thick enough that you won't feel this, specially since we don't walk along the edge of the walls but in this instance, it was right next to the threshold and I felt it when I stepped out. I didn't break skin so I wouldn't again worry too much about it. I, of course, mentioned this to the front desk so they could fix it.

The hotel is located on a busy street so you may hear some traffic noise in the morning.

Breakfast was in a large and nicely decorated room. It had plenty of continental items and a few hot items (eggs, bacon, grits, etc).

Finally, parking is not free. You can use their valet parking which is $15 to drive the car to the public parking building right adjacent to the hotel. You can park yourself there but I don't know how much it would be since I use the valet parking.

Overall, we were all extremely pleased and will visit again.

BTW, the Hampton Inn is also across this hotel and I was told owned and managed by the same investors. If they took the same care in building/upgrading this building as they did for the Holiday Inn, we would consider it as well.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank roger_northeast
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Stayed at this brand new hotel perfectly situated for tourists in the Historic District. Everything was sparkling clean, employees were friendly and helpful, and parking was close and secure. The only things disappointing at all were that the pool was closed for repairs, and the breakfast area was a bit overcrowded and the food quality for the included breakfast not quite as good as some other Holiday Inn Express's we've stayed at (B- instead of B+ food). View from the room was outstanding-- the huge ships on the river seem to go right by your window (they're a several hundred yards away- don't worry). Other than that, this is one of the best properties in the HI Express chain and we've stayed at many.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank jazzfestivus
Reviewed 1 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May for 2 nights. We were very surprised to find a Holiday Inn Express with this standard. The hotel is just over one year old and has done a wonderful job in appointing the rooms, very modern, upscale material and furniture and very functional. The breakfast in a very pleasant breakfast room is included. There is a bar open in the afternoons, a garage next door for your car and most of all, one can walk everywhere around the historic district. It is just across the street from the Savannah river and the River Walk.
Most of all, the personnel was extremely friendly and helpful.
And, last but not least, for Savannah hotel rates, we found it very reasonable.

Sigrid and Denis Egan
Scottsdale, Arizona

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sigrid E
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I really liked this Holiday Inn. Motorcycle parking was allowed under the portico near the entry. My king room was perfect. Very clean, well stocked - no complaints. Bed was very comfortable. It had a bar downstairs that opened at 4PM. The bartender, Beckie, would recommend a different restaurant based on what guests wanted to eat and she was not shy about steering you away from places with bad food or staff. She then would call ahead for you. Super service. Bell staff was great. The front desk could use a little higher end caliber of people or better training - not sure there. Don't let that stop you. Stay here. You will love it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank WashingtonRider58
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Historic District and I loved it. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was beautiful, and the rooms were very nice, and they came with a fridge and microwave. The only downfall, was the breakfast, it was o.k., they had toast, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, etc., but no waffles, and I love hotel waffles. I ask the food management why they didnt have waffles, and she said because it was a Holiday Inn Express, so breakfast has to e more continental style, she said the regular Holiday Inn could have waffles. Other than the breakfast, location was perfect. And if you don't plan on driving your car once you park it in garage, I would just pay the $10.00 per day to park, and not $15.00 which holiday inn charges, but if you plan to go to tybee Island, I would pay the hotel parking rate, because you can move your car as many times as you like and will be charged 1 flat rate. So, I would go back to this hotel again and stay, would have been perfect stay if had waffles.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family