“Awesome Hotel- Would stay here every time!”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This hotel is excellent. When we booked, I noted that we would be celebrating my 30th birthday on this trip. We came in early that morning and I figured the room wouldn't be ready yet, so I went in to see if we could go ahead and park our car at the hotel. Tia, the front desk worker, obliged and told me they'd call when our room was ready, which they did. Also, when I gave them my name, I found that we had been given a seventh floor room overlooking the river! We were already so excited about that and when we later got to our room, there was a bottle of champagne with a handwritten note from Tia. So sweet and thoughtful! The room is just perfect, our view is amazing, the breakfast is more of a full than a continental, and the location could not be better. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Savannah!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2010

The location was perfect for visiting the historic district and the river walk. The hotel was beautiful inside and out. Our room was big and beautiful and we had a nice view of the river. The breakfast served each morning was a nice variety of hot and cold choices. Very well maintained as well. Would definitely go back again on another trip, which I hope is soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Upon reading reviews of this hotel, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed; in fact we were very impressed. We visited Savannah for a special birthday and found this hotel to be nearly perfect. (Only draw-back-the hot tub was not working) We were able to walk everywhere we wanted, from the river to Forsythe Park and all other parks in the historic district. Only time we needed our car was a trip to Tybee Island. The breakfast was especially good, and plentiful. Absolutely great hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We loved staying in this hotel! It was perfect for our family and our 2 small children. The breakfast was wonderful! The area was clean and the food tasted great! The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The location was perfect walking distance to everything. I have stayed in the 4 star hotels in the Savannah Historic District and paid nearly 3 times as much as I did at this hotel. When I return to Savannah, I would pick this hotel over the luxury hotels! The service, comfort, cleanliness & location of this was as good if not betteer!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The hotel has a great location. It is right across the street from the access to River St. We stayed here for a girls weekend trip. Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were very nice and updated. The bed was so comfortable. You even got your choice of soft or firm pillow. The breakfast buffet was really good with some southern items as well.

Don't pay for valet to park in the garage next door. It's cheaper if you park your own car there.

The rooftop pool is nice. It's also a great place to watch the ships on the river.

Even though it's by the waterfront it's still walking distance to all the old homes and the City Market.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank UNCfanVal
kelliepickhardt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Thank you for your comments. I agree that the location is a hit!! We are so lucky to be in the middle of everything and to have a staff that makes every stay special. Please come back and visit us soon!!

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I'll admit it, I'm a hotel snob and was disappointed when the wedding party chose a Holiday Inn for their guests BUT this was a really pleasant surprise.
Rooms were great and the people were crazy nice. There's a small gym and a rooftop pool.
The location was great too.
Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Cabelltini
Reviewed 23 October 2010

First of all, the location is absolutely perfect - within easy walking distance to the river and anything you'd want to see in the historic district. This is a lovely hotel with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff - really a cut above the usual HIE. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The beds were comfy and I slept like a top. The continental breakfast was great - lots of choices, both hot and cold. Valet parking is available, but the next-door parking garage is well-lit and very convenient. I stayed at the Hyatt last time I was in Savannah and paid a lot more and didn't enjoy my stay nearly as much. If I had to find a fault, it was that the water pressure left much to be desired, but I will definitely stay here again without hesitation! (Gagirl 2005, there's no way you stayed in the same hotel I stayed in!)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank spotalbert

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the hotel. It is great to hear that the entire team is impressing our guests and that we offer a product and price worthy of such high praise. I will share your comments at our team member luncheon this week. We hope to welcome you back again soon!