“Our new place to stay in Savannah!” 5 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Acworth, Georgia
“Our new place to stay in Savannah!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I visit Savannah frequently, and have been looking for years for the perfect hotel. I think I have finally found it.
The rooms are very nice and are decorated in a modern but retro way. We had a fridge and microwave in our room, which was great in the morning. The rooms have a living room area with a couch, desk, and large flat screen tv. There is an open divider between the living room and bedroom. The bedroom was nice and had real comforters on the beds, as well as another nice tv. Everything seemed very clean. The bathroom was a decent size and was very attractive with a vessel sink. The only problem was the very dim lighting in the bathroom. They seriously need to increase the wattage of the bulbs in the bathroom. I think they were 25 watts, which is not sufficient for putting on makeup or shaving. Plus one of our bulbs blew out, so it was really dark in there.
The only cleanliness issue we had was with a coffee mug. They have real glassware in the room with the little pleated covers over the top. When I pulled the cover off of a coffee mug, I could see dried coffee in the bottom. Yuck. Thankfully, I had brought my travel mug so it didn't really matter.
There is an indoor pool here, but it is truly the tiniest pool I have ever seen. It is not heated, so it was VERY cold. But the pool area seemed clean and was stocked with thick, nice towels.
The clerk at the counter was very friendly and make checking in fun. How often does that happen?
I think that if they just put brighter bulbs in the bathroom, this would be the perfect hotel in Savannah. I certainly intend to stay here on my next trip there.

Room Tip: We were in room 444. Even though you are at the airport, your view is of a patio and the woods. I r...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllis S
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and your future Savannah travel needs! We always like to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves and will be returning soon. I noted you mentioned the pool temperature. Our pool is required by Cambria to be maintained at a temperature between 78-80 degrees. We test it at least three times a day to maintain it at this temperature, This actually provides a slightly warm pool instead of a hot pool. Many guests think it is too hot and not refreshing while others tend to want it warmer. However, the Jacuzzi stays between 100-102 degrees, which is much warmer for those preferring a higher temperature. I will continue to monitor to make sure it is maintained at this temperature just in case and we look forward to your return to use it! Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

There is so much mediocre and bad out there... that I HAD to give this hotel all EXCELLENT ratings. My daughter and I stayed 2 nights here on our way from Virginia to Florida. We wanted a safe, clean place to stay right off of I-95 and decided to stay an extra night and go into Savannah for the day. It really was perfect for us. Check in was fast and easy. The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms were very large. We liked eating our dinner (take out from the hotel restaurant) in the sitting area in front of the TV. The desk had a power strip to charge up all of our electronics - SO nice to not have to search around for power outlets. Great coffee in the lobby, food in the restaurant was good, super clean and comfortable beds. The drive into Savannah was easy. Parking in the city was easy to find and cheap. My husband travels a lot and I told him whenever he can... stay at a Cambria Suites hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank klever7
Sounds like we helped the mother/daughter trip be a more enjoyable one. Thank you for such a great review and encouraging your husband to use us for his travel needs also. Please stop in on your next venture down I-95! Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Staff is friendly & helpful my vehicle started leaking antifreeze & they knew where I could get fixed asap on the 4th & reasonable too! The rooms are new & nice,clean, & big(I had a suite with kids) Love that they have the pool & workout open 24/7 & the price is reasonable that we stayed a extra 3 days. Will recommend this hotel to everyone who stays by the airport in Savannah.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear you had car trouble while traveling but pleased to hear it was fixed quickly and conveniently. We know we have always done something right when our guest decide to stay an extra few days with us. Thank you and please help to continue to spread the word about Cambria Suites. See you again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have stayed here several times because of its proximity to the airport. I travel extensively for business and I give them an average rating because for the price paid you get much more in other cities. Clean and friendly" yes"! Overpriced for what it is" definitely"! Especially their food.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New London, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed at the Cambria Suites for an extended business trip and it is not great for that purpose. It is close to the airport terminal and Gulfstream Main facility but for Gulfstream large cabin/small cabin service or flight test facilities there are closer accommodations. Not a place to stay if your in savannah for leisure either. The rooms are very oddly set up packed with IKEA like furniture and fixtures the tiny microwave and freezer less micro-fridge does not serve much of a purpose on long stays, and the "Laundry Facilities" consists of 1 very outdated washer and dryer and even at $4 load it is still hard to use since there is only 1. If your business makes the arrangements you get the breakfast buffet complementairy which is pretty good but not worth the $10 they get for it if your there for other than business.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank CheapAssTraveler
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that you felt your accommodations were not just the right fit for your stay. We actually service a lot of extended stay guests, especially ones visiting Gulfstream, as we are the first hotel when you depart and the last on your way back to their facility, so it was surprising to hear. While we do not have full cooking facilities in the rooms, we do offer the granite credenza with the microwave, separate refrigerator and Wolfgang Puck in room coffee service. In addition, for our guests comfort, there is a separate living room with a television to relax and work outside of the bedrooms area. I assume the laundry facility may have been in use when you attempted to use it. It is rare that it is, based on the use programmer added when it was purchased new a year ago which averages about 4 times per week use at $2 per load. I will continue to monitor it however and add another if we see that this becomes an issue in the future. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We recently changed and added items at the guests suggestion. It has an array of all you can eat items such as cooked to order eggs and omelets, three meat varieties, grits, fresh chopped hashbrowns, oatmeal, cereals, and fresh muffins that we bake in house each morning. In addition, there is the added convenience of a full service Bistro for any specialty coffee you may desire. I do hope you took advantage of this also during your visit. We do hope that next time you are in the area, you will visit us again. We have several other room type options that may work better for you. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Morrow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We booked through Travelocity's "Top Secret" program. We've done this before and have been pleased with our "surprise" hotel, but this time we were beyond thrilled with our accommodations! The staff were amazingly helpful in so many ways. My husband, our three daughters and I were all made to feel like we were extra special guests.
The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms were spacious and the "extras" in the room were superior. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast staff were very friendly.
The hotel's location was perfect - not right in the middle of everything, but close enough to downtown Savannah, Tybee Island as well as Hilton Head.
This was our first stay at a Cambria Suites, but definitely not our last!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at our hotel. We are always happy to hear how pleased our customers are and that they will be returning again soon. See you then! Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

From the moment we walked in we felt at home and were treated great. I enjoyed hanging out in the lobby area; great seating, TV's, computers, bar area etc. We had a couple of issues that they quickly solved and for that we say Thank You. In addition, the room and food were awesome I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If your looking a suite with a seperate bedroom, this is the place. Minor airport noise but seldom d...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom W
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that you felt at hoome, which is always our ultimate goal! Cheryl Sandelrin GM