“Great Hotel for the Price”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Cambria Suites Savannah Airport over a long weekend while attending various wedding festivities on Tybee Island. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms were spacious, clean, and well equipped. Excellent location right off of I-95. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. My only complaint is that the walls are not thick enough and I could hear the television and persons talking in the adjacent rooms.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Glad to hear you had a great stay and that we exceeded your expectations. That is always our goal. Please visit us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here on our way to Orlando - very convenient location to stop off from I95. The room was modern, clean and perfect for family of 4. Front desk staff were very friendly. Area around the hotel is also very nice and we ate breakfast at a great Waffle House just down the road. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Savannah or just passing through.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for the wonderful recommendations and we hope to see you again soon Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stopped there on our way to Florida. The room was large, the decor up-to-date and overall, every one in our party of 7, enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were equipped with 2 TV's which made it possible for the kids to watch their shows. Free WIFI, free parking and plenty of restaurants nearby.
The pool was a bit small but clean. The lobby was large and welcoming.
Breakfast was not included in the price of the room but the buffet had cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, toasts, bagels, muffins and an omelette bar. Patrick, our waiter that morning, made my husband a huge omelette. He served us with a smile although it was very early!
We drive to Florida once or twice a year from Canada and I really look forward to spending the night here again.

Room Tip: We had 2 queen beds + pull out sofa
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words regarding Patrick, we will be sure to let him read a copy of your compliment. We thank you for choosing us and look forward to seeing you on your yearly trip Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Acton, MA
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We got the last room here on a very busy weekend. The staff was really helpful in recommending restaurants, helping us find a supermarket and running off some good ole boys with a cooler of beer sitting on our windowsill behind the hotel. The room was spacious, nicely furnished and clean. It was designed with a "master bedroom" separated by a door from a "living room" with a pull out couch. Both rooms had their own TV's. The real bed was very comfortable, but the pull out couch bed was a bit thin. They have a small dining area and serve a breakfast, but unless you are a cornflake and milk or fried egg eater, you should look for breakfast elsewhere. This hotel is a good bit outside Savannah, so if you are touring Savannah you can probably find someplace in the city or towards the shore that would be more attractive. However, if you are looking for a pleasant, clean place to stop off on at trip up I95, this is a really good place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank D_PN
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a response and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was surprised at your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and what it has to offer. It is a full buffet with an array of all you can eat items such as cooked to order eggs and omelets, with over 20 ingredients to add to the omelets, three choices of meats, homemade frittatas, grits, fresh chopped hashbrowns, oatmeal, cereals, and fresh muffins that we bake in house each morning, assorted pastries along with a choice of 3 to 4 juices each morning. . In addition, there is the added convenience of a full service Bistro for any specialty coffee you may desire. Perhaps next visit you can try it and give me more feedback, as we are always willing to consider any necessary changes guest may feel will provide them with a more pleasing product. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to this area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We were beyond thrilled with Cambria Suites in Savannah. The front desk employees are very helpful and friendly and our room was super clean. The room had two queen beds and a separate area with a couch, desk and a tv. The decor was modern, not cheesy and tired the way a lot of hotels in the same price range seem to look. The bed linens and towels were soft and very clean. We had a tiny problem with our door not staying closed on the first night of our stay, but maintenance was called and the gentleman was there within minutes and fixed the problem right away. When he brought us the extra towels that we requested the next night, he asked us if the door was still closing and locking as it should. We were impressed that he remembered us and was thoughtful enough to ask. The employee who works behind the counter at the breakfast buffet is super nice. We spoke with him both mornings as we got our coffee and he was really outgoing...a shining example of great customer service. The area around the hotel seemed very safe and quiet despite being so close to the highway. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Savannah!!

4 Thank BeavcoonAtl
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Sounds like you had a very good stay and we do hope that you will continue to spread the word on how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
small town VA
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This property is nice. It was clean. Had the family, There weren't enough towels for a family. There werent pillows for the sofabed. Both were rectified but it took a good 30 minutes.

As a corporate traveler, even with my family, the company had negotiated breakfast to be included. I called the day before arrival and was told I would get 2 complimentary breakfasts but get 1/2 off early children. I get there, the clerk wasnt going to give me anything. When I asked, she gave me one coupon but wouldnt give me the 2nd. Said I would have to talk to a amanager in the morning. First off, the corporate rate should have had everyone. But then not to get what I was promised? I didn't have time to wait for the manager to get in in the morning. I gave the breakfast coupon to my son and planned to go to McD's on the road for everyone else. The breakfast was NOT worth $10. Go to Denny's, Shoney's, whatever... This breakfast is included FREE at the suites across the road... where I likely will stay next time.

The bathroom door had a strange configuration. You had to open the door wide to clear the sink,

Small pool...

Overall, the stay wasnt bad. The breakfast thing didn't sit well with me. The clerk didn't seem too interested in making it right.

Room Tip: if breakfast doesn't bother you... and you don't care about a decent size pool... it's a...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the breakfast. As you stated, many of our corporate clients do have breakfast negotiated into their rate. Many companies choose to increase their rate to include one breakfast so that they will not have it billed separately or per diemed out. Most companies, including yours only negotiate one breakfast for their employee. When you called, as a courtesy to your company, we were extending you two complimentary breakfast vouchers and 1/2 price for the children. Had you chose to book at that time, notes would have been made for this extra allowance. Since you did not, any other methods of booking would not have been aware of this special agreement. I do hope this helps clarify and we at the Cambria Suites in Savannah do hope that you will choose to visit us again in the future. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I visit Savannah frequently, and have been looking for years for the perfect hotel. I think I have finally found it.
The rooms are very nice and are decorated in a modern but retro way. We had a fridge and microwave in our room, which was great in the morning. The rooms have a living room area with a couch, desk, and large flat screen tv. There is an open divider between the living room and bedroom. The bedroom was nice and had real comforters on the beds, as well as another nice tv. Everything seemed very clean. The bathroom was a decent size and was very attractive with a vessel sink. The only problem was the very dim lighting in the bathroom. They seriously need to increase the wattage of the bulbs in the bathroom. I think they were 25 watts, which is not sufficient for putting on makeup or shaving. Plus one of our bulbs blew out, so it was really dark in there.
The only cleanliness issue we had was with a coffee mug. They have real glassware in the room with the little pleated covers over the top. When I pulled the cover off of a coffee mug, I could see dried coffee in the bottom. Yuck. Thankfully, I had brought my travel mug so it didn't really matter.
There is an indoor pool here, but it is truly the tiniest pool I have ever seen. It is not heated, so it was VERY cold. But the pool area seemed clean and was stocked with thick, nice towels.
The clerk at the counter was very friendly and make checking in fun. How often does that happen?
I think that if they just put brighter bulbs in the bathroom, this would be the perfect hotel in Savannah. I certainly intend to stay here on my next trip there.

Room Tip: We were in room 444. Even though you are at the airport, your view is of a patio and the woods. I r...
1 Thank Phyllis S
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and your future Savannah travel needs! We always like to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves and will be returning soon. I noted you mentioned the pool temperature. Our pool is required by Cambria to be maintained at a temperature between 78-80 degrees. We test it at least three times a day to maintain it at this temperature, This actually provides a slightly warm pool instead of a hot pool. Many guests think it is too hot and not refreshing while others tend to want it warmer. However, the Jacuzzi stays between 100-102 degrees, which is much warmer for those preferring a higher temperature. I will continue to monitor to make sure it is maintained at this temperature just in case and we look forward to your return to use it! Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager