“Grat place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Cobbtown, Ga
“Grat place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stay in many hotels with my job and this is top on my list. The service is excellent plus the friendliness of the staff. The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable. I would recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you and please continue to recommend us to everyone during your travels. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stay in Savannah once a month, so I'm pretty accostumed to the hotel thing. I've tried many of the hotels in the area. This was my first visit here. The staff was accomidating and friendly. Jessica and Arvella were super friendly. The hotel is close to restaurants, a Wal0Mart and a Publix. The hotel has a shuttle for the airport and area places as well. The rooms are large in size, clean and there is a privacy wall between the living and sleeping area. Two lare tv's keep you entertained. The pool and jacuzzi are inside and looked well kept. Just outside the pool is a sun lounging area. At night I sat outside and talked and looked at the stars. I came back to the hotel a few times late and felt safe as there was plenty of lighting. I also observed Airport security (hotel is on airport property) come thru twice making rounds. Thats a plus. The food was good but not gourmet. The common area has plenty of room for chatting and company. Overall, this was a nice stay. Oh, I do have to mention that on a few occasions I heard to person next to me coughig as well as the TV. Guess thats normal for a hotel wall or they were just real loud.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the woods. Its a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are glad you stayed here also and greatly appreciate the review. Thank you for acknowledging our staff. They always appreciate the recognition. Hopefully you will be back soon to visit us again. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Eatonton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have been traveling a lot over my career and I have never found a place with the best of everything like Cambria. In my current job I am traveling to Savannah quite often so I stay here regularly. I just checked in today and from my first stay until now, this hotel is hands down the best. The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant. The rooms are always clean and extremely well furnished. The beds and pillows are always very comfortable and make for a wonderful night's sleep. The desk area is just right for working. It has plenty of plug ins and computer hookups. The bathrooms are extremely clean and tidy. The refreshment area downstairs is just right for relaxing after a day of traveling. Dusti is always there with a smile to greet me and welcome me back. The breakfast is better than any other hotel offers. This place with absolutely spoil you. I just hate that I can't take this hotel with me everywhere I travel. I look forward to many future stays here! Thanks to the staff for their hard work. It shows!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your kind words and the recognition of the staff. We always enjoy our guests that continue to return again and again and want them to know how much they mean to us. I will pass your recognition on to Dusti. And by the way....love your hometown! Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

The service at the hotel was exceptional. I wish I could remember the name of the gentlemen that made the reservation and received us but he was very kind and accomodating (always referring to us as "my friend." The rooms were large. Loved having 2 televisions, microwave and fridge. They even had a little snack bar downstairs with items available to purchase. Nice and convienient touch. Will definitely stay here when I return to Savannah.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Cambria. I will let our desk clerk know how pleased you were with the check in process. We often do refer to our guests as our friends or family because so many of them become such an integral part of our hotel. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to continue to call you our friend during future visits. See you soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Knightdale, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Ok, so we made reservations for 2 different nights two weeks before we visited. We called to confirm and they never put our reservation in and had to get a room we didnt want. When I checked in the first time there was one person ahead of me and it took 15 minutes because apparently all the people that call automatically go to the front of the line, the rep did not do anything to even notice I was there. The second time I also had one person ahead of me and it took 15 minutes again, this time I told the guy that it takes longer to check in here than to get on a ride on disneyworld. He then said "I'm sorry all these people behind me didn't help you", referring to the fact that he was by himself. He was rude and we then realized he was the same person that never entered our registration. The hotel is short staffed and the people they do have were apparently not trained on how to handle guests. Oh ya, and the breakfast is expensive for something you usually get free.

Room Tip: Dont go here if you expect good service
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dnourie
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Please accept my sincere apology for the service issues you encountered. Poor service is never acceptable. Please rest assured that I am checking further into this issue and will take ever measure possible to ensure it does not happen again. I will be reviewing video tapes and monitoring continuously as an added measure. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

As a Choice Privileges Elite Diamond member I have seen the Cambria Suites name on promotional materials and on the their website but have never actually seen one in all my travels. While in the Savannah area, I saw there was a Cambria Suites and went to my Choice Hotels app on my phone to make a reservation only to find out there was no room available. I decided to call the hotel and see if there might be a room available since they sometimes keep a room available for Elite members or maybe there was a cancellation. As luck would have it, they had a very late checkout that was just cleaned & available. Derrick that answered the phone was very professional and helpful.

Upon my arrival & check-in, I was greeted by Daniela. She was very friendly & efficient and even brought a welcome bottle of water & snack to my room after I got to my room. The lobby was very spacious & modern with a bistro & bar similar to a Courtyard hotel but much nicer. My room was extremely spacious and well appointed with decorator touches. The TV sitting area was like a small living room and the bathroom was very modern except the sink & vanity could stand to be moved over a foot so that you're not standing against the toilet while at the sink. The toiletries were all from Bath & Body Works. The room also had a fridge, microwave & coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee & teas. My only two nuisance complaints about the room other than the bathroom sink was the water running down the drain from the room above that could be heard while in the TV area and there was no outlet next to the bed to plug my phone in at night but I consider those fairly minor.

The workout room was very spacious with several cardio machines and a weight machine. The breakfast is not included but my room rate with my AAA discount was under $100 so I could afford to pay for breakfast with all the other benefits of this property. My only major complaint is why aren't there more Cambria Suites?

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GRofVA
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that we could accommodate you at the last minute and it sounds like Cambria Suites has won a new loyal customer. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I chose Cambria Suites while visiting Savannah for the first time primarily because we had stayed in one in Columbus, Ohio, and was extremely pleased with our stay. I wish I could say the same about this hotel. We booked a tower room and looked forward to staying there, despite the higher price. Immediately upon entering the room, we were overcome with the odor of mold/mildew. We looked for the source, possibly a wet carpet near the air conditioner, mini fridge, or even a wet towel, with no success. I even sprayed my travel Lysol spray with the hope that the smell would dissipate. No such luck. My nose started to run, and my throat started to get itchy and clogged. I went down to the front desk, told them of the situation, and they gave us a room change. We thought our problems would be over. The next day, after paying close to $10 for a small bowl of oatmeal and a cup of tea (DON'T eat breakfast here), we left to go sightseeing in Savannah and were gone for the entire day. Upon returning, I noticed that the bathroom looked exactly as I had left it (towels wet from the shower, face towel draped on sink). Then when we walked into the bedroom, we discovered that the bed hadn't been made, either! No one had cleaned our room that day! I went to call the front desk, but guess what? The phone in the living room area didn't work! I then proceeded to use the phone in the bedroom, which luckily worked. Instead of offering an apology for the missed cleaning, I was asked whether or not I had left the "Do not disturb" sign on our door! We most certainly did not. We then asked for clean towels, and they did send someone up with them a little later. A man later came to fix the phone, but he was unable to. No one from management ever called us to apologize for the laundry list of things that had gone wrong during our stay, nor offer us a reduction in the bill, a voucher, etc. Needless to say, we will not recommend this place to anyone staying in the area, and suggest they stay at the many other fine hotels located in the same area, who probably offer a free breakfast, clean rooms, and staff people attuned to the comfort of their customers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment so that can follow up on the issues. I do see a note about your room change and I apologize for the smell and inconvenience. I see notes where maintenance inspected your room upon departure and checked for any prominent issues and none could be found that could be causing this. I inspected the room myself today and the smell is no longer present. I can only assume that it may have been caused by the large amounts of rain we have had over the last few months and as an added measure, I will continue to monitor it. I apologize if your room was not cleaned when you returned. I do show the do not disturb sign on your door the first part of the day but do not show a follow up check later to see if it was removed, which is our housekeeping policy. I will review this in our weekly meeting because not following these simple steps can cause issues for a guests such as this. Again my apologies and I do hope that you will not let this deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future. Cheryl Sanderlin GM