“enjoyed my stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Gilbert
“enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

my wife is in management with her company, she has to traval savannah about 8 times a year. now that the kids are grown i travel with her. we've stayed at cambria twice now and really like the hotel, its close to walmart, sams club and many good restaurants. the hotel is clean, well maintained and the rooms are large and comfortable. with nice things like indoor pool, nice fitness room and in store restaurant with room service.only things i din't care for was,as with most, the fold out bed is extremely uncomfortable, but the thing that bothered me the most was the breakfast. the breakfast cost ten dollars. i dont get this, why not just add a couple of dollars to cost of room and make the breakfast a perk?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronald W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Saipan, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is a great hotel with easy access to I-95. Plenty of restaurants within a 2 mile radius. Very friendly front desk staff both at check in and check out. Room was nice and clean and the bed was great. Didn't eat at the hotel because of the various options around the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hafa670
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hafa670-
Hello! I wanted to thank you for visiting our hotel in the past. I wanted to inform you that we have converted from the Cambria Suites to a brand new DoubleTree By Hilton. Should you return to Savannah, we hope you will utilize our hotel again and see all of the wonderful changes we have made.

Best regards,

Garry
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was the 1st time that I have stayed here. I usually stay at one of the other hotels in the area. I have been traveling to Pooler on a regular basis and decided to try something new. From the time that I walked in the door until the time that I left everyone at the hotel went above and beyond to make our stay the best that it could be. It is by far one of the cleanest hotels in the area and it is in a great location that offers shuttle service free of charge. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The only complaint that I would have would be cell phone reception. The hotel is GREAT!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I am pleased to hear that you gave us an opportunity and enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we have won a new loyal customer and will see you again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin General Mnaager
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

First off, we DID understand where this was located and had no issues with it. Make sure you understand that if you want a location where you can walk around pick somewhere else. Hopefully that is a no-brainer but just keep it mind. Getting to the historic district isn't too bad by vehicle, there are a couple of different routes to take. Great location for the airport though, especially if you want to watch the fighter jets take off. The room was absolutely fantastic. Top notch with a seperate sleeping area, seperate "living room/business work station" area which was one of the best I have seen, and the bathroom was great as well. The ONLY real issue we had was the lack of a "free" breakfast. That was my bad for not reading into that ahead of time, I think we just got used to it from other places. That being said there is a nice entertaining/food area if you so choose. I think for us it actually wound up being a positive as we decided to go find breakfast in town and had some wonderful food that way. Just make sure you understand that with this hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
raleigh, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. We drove down from North Carolina and the Cambria Suites is not too far from our meeting. Though it is not near downtown, it was convenient for our purposes. The rooms are comfortable, roomy and offer good amenities - free wi-fi being one that is appreciated.

My room had an odd smell that I couldn't quite place, but didn't notice it for too long. Plus, we only stayed one night.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was just fine as well. I had coffee and fresh fruit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your net business trip to our area. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very very nice hotel; first im in a Cambria (upscale Choice family), but will be changing to a Doubletree (Hilton family) I'm told. I really did like it. Rooms are terrific. Separate sitting area with convertible couch, coffee table and TV with a very nice desk and multiple WiFi sites around the hotel for good reception. Beds are very comfortable. I like the raised basin sinks in the bathroom and shaving mirror. Great customer service; night staff could use a little "polish" but no real complaints. Didn't get to try the breakfast buffet or any food, but room service has a nice menu. Kind of like a Hyatt Place. Very convenient to airport and area corporations like Gulfstream; not too many restaurants in walking distance but hotel offers a shuttle within 5-mile radius (shared with other franchisee same-owner hotels in same area). Downtown is distant and taxi charges are flat $28 to downtown; airport has a shuttle service for multiple people going downtown. Parking downtown is a pain, so you're kind of in a quandry there.

Room Tip: I'd recommend on the back side of the hotel facing pool/spa; I was in the front.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on the next visit. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

My family has stayed at this Cambria five times so far, and every visit has more than met our expectations. Its very clean, up to date and modern which we love. And they also take AAA which really helped give us an additional discount. They serve breakfast in the mornings, and we have only ate in the hotel once, and it was good, not great, but there are other restaurants around in the area if you don't want to eat there.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms at the front of the building facing the road, rather than the rooms facing the wo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VaGal94
Thank you for continuing to return to our hotel. We always like to have repeat customers that are pleased! See you again on trip #6. Cheryl Sandelrin GM