“Good stay courtesy of Hilton Honors points!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #40 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Germany
“Good stay courtesy of Hilton Honors points!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Doubletree HIlton Hotel Savannah Airport last weekend when we unexpectedly landed at Hunter Army Airfield after a military Space A trip to Europe. We were exhausted when we arrived and grateful to be given a nice king suite, especially since we paid with Hilton Honors points.

Check in was easy and the lady who helped us was very professional. We enjoyed the trademark warm chocolate chip cookies. The room was very comfortable and convenient, with a high functioning air conditioner, two televisions, and a great bed.

There was a manager's reception, but we weren't told about it. Though there are a number of hotels near the airport, there aren't too many restaurants. A Wendy's is close enough to walk to and there's also a sit down restaurant nearby. My husband went there for steaks since the Doubletree's room service menu was a bit limited. The bar also didn't order the greatest selection of beers, though they did have Sweetwater, which is pretty decent.

An airport shuttle took us to the airport at an ungodly hour, but the driver was friendly and professional. We'd stay again if we needed a place near Savannah's airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Knotheadusc-
Being a member of the Hilton Honors reward program is such a wonderful benefit. Thank you for choosing to use your reward points to stay at our property. Your 5 star review is greatly appreciated! You mentioned that there were not many dining selections in the area, but that only pertains to our side of Hwy 95. Just over the bridge (less than 1.0) miles away there are tons of options for dining such as Longhorns, Chilis, McAllisters Deli, Moe's Southwest Grill etc. There is also a large shopping complex that includes Ross, TJ Maxx, Michaels etc. With this area growing rapidly, there are additional options opening up weekly. In spring of 2015 the Georgia Outlet Mall is expected to be open and again that is less than 1.0 miles from the hotel.

We have also made some extreme changes in our on site restaurant. Per customer reviews, we have a wider selection of beers to offer and our menu has been redesigned by our staff to include homemade items from their own recipes. We have been receiving rave reviews in our restaurant since we made these changes.

Should your travels lead you back to Savannah, I hope you will stay with us again and experience the wonderful new changes we have made.

Thank you again for being a loyal Hilton member and for rating our hotel as a 5 star property!

Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed 7 June 2014

As DoubleTree line goes this one is not up to the same standard that I have experienced and I stay often. The little things that us business travelers come to expect are missing. The staff seemed like they did not understand the Diamond level perks. There is no concierge lounge. Breakfast is buffet only and to a huge selection at that. Managers were speaking loudly across the common areas about I want to know if this or that happens. The pool and sauna are both tiny. Not a bad experience just not what I have come to expect from a DoubleTree.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alane P-
Your review on our hotel is greatly appreciated. We are a new addition to the DoubleTree portfolio, and apologize that as a traveler you had to experience our growing pains. Since your last stay, our team has become more acquainted with the Hilton standards and are doing everything possible to ensue that all guests receive the level of service and professionalism that the Hilton brand is known to deliver. Our guests are our top priority, and we have rolled out new ways in which we can meet or exceed our guests expectations. Thank you again for your comments, and I assure you that with each step we are not only improving, but going above and beyond to be one of the best hotels the Savannah area has to offer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

close to the air-port / motel is very cleans / provided good services / staff is good / locations is good / fitness center was great / If you want to recommend to other people, answer is yes / swimming pool is nice neat and clean Looking forward in future go and stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
mohinip193-
Hello! I wanted to let you know that your review really made my day. Our team strives hard to provide our travelers with all of the comforts they need while traveling. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world. We are excited for your return. I wish you all the best.

Pooler, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 8 weeks up until this week. I tried to book my next week stay and the lady at the desk said there were only two rooms available at $278 a night starting on a Monday night. The day shift manager was standing by her during this conversation. While trying to ask for a discount, the manager walked away. At that point I was no longer a valued customer. I'm a Hiton Honours memeber and should have recieved some sort of feedback from the manager on why they could not accommidate me with a discount. This is not the only issue I have experienced at this hotel with the managment staff. I'm presently staying at the Embassy Suites, where I intend to finish out my relocation over the next couple of months. Not sure if this information will help the service at this hotel, but I would be glad to speak with someone if you need additional informaiton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Rex B
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Rex B-
I would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of service and uncaring attitude the previous management staff at our hotel displayed during your past stay. The lack of professionalism when taking care of our guests is something that our ownership does not tolerate. Since your last stay, the manager that you had mentioned is no longer with our property nor is the gentleman that was the General Manager during this period. I am the new General Manager of the property and have equipped my team with a new Front Office Manager, Operations Manager and Food & Beverage Manager. Since the change in management staff, I am pleased to inform you that the DoubleTree Savannah Airport has grown leaps and bounds. We are currently the #5 top ranked hotel out of all the DoubleTree hotels in the Hilton portfolio. Without our loyal guests, we would not be in business. I apologize again for your experience and hope that you will be able to stop by the hotel and allow me to treat you to dinner for the past mistakes of others. Thank you for your feedback and please know that we have made the necessary changes to ensure our guests know what they mean to us!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a fairly new hotel in a nice location. The 3rd floor is for Hilton Honors members, and the rooms are very nice. Mine was a mini suite with a fridge and microwave, and the bathroom was also nice. The hotel has a bar and restaurant off the lobby, but I did not use either. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms are quiet. I almost rated this a 5 star, but the bed was not quite as comfortable as the ones at the Hampton Inns and the mattress kind of sank towards the middle. Overall, this is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hugh G-
Thank you for taking the time to review our new hotel. Our bedding package is brand new as we recently opened up at the end of February, so I will be sure to check out your suite to find out why you encountered issues with your mattress. I hope that upon your next trip to Savannah you will be able to try out our onsite restaurant. Besides our fantastic daily menu, we run great specials daily. Our recent special featured King Crab legs and a great happy hour. Your insight is greatly appreciated and we will take all the necessary measures to ensure our future guests enjoy their stay as you did.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May 22nd for three nights. We were down for a graduation. We checked in with Shanna, she was very efficient. Our room was very spacious and clean. My husband raved about how spacious the closet was and so I knew then this hotel was UPTOWN... We enjoyed dinner one night in the restaurant and your server Ann was exceptionally charming and friendly. She is a great asset to the Hilton family. This hotel was in the prefect location for us and we will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
HOTELDIVA45-
Thank you for your review on our hotel! We appreciate the five stars you have awarded us. To hear that your accommodations were just what you needed is music to my ears. I am also pleased to know that you were able to experience our on site restaurant and enjoy the amazing food our hotel has to offer. When you make it back to Savannah, I hope you will join us again as we have made significant additions to our restaurant menu. We have also added an omelet station to our breakfast buffet that is simply fantastic. Thank you again for your review. I wish you all the best.

Kennesaw, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was very pleased with the DT Savannah Airport. It is easily accessible to Interstates #16 & #95 and only 10 minutes from Downtown Savannah. The hotel itself had a very good feel to it...the lobby was nicely decorated and the room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again. The location allows you to enjoy Savannah without the stress of the downtown tourist challenges...parking, eating and congestion. Good Job DoubleTree Savannah!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Adrian R-
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review the new DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport. Our location does make the travelers stay a bit more comfortable without all the hustle and bustle of being downtown. The drive is short and with free parking and complimentary WIFI, what is save at our hotel can be spent downtown on other Savannah keepsakes. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to your return.