“It's the people who make this place.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
South Glens Falls, New York
“It's the people who make this place.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Double Tree near Savannah, Georgia as we traveled to St. Augustine, Florida. We had been traveling all day, as we neared our destination. As we often do, when we are traveling long distances, as the day was winding down and we were looking for a place to stay, I used my smart phone to look up potential places to stay, which we did, and we chose to book a room at this Double Tree Inn. I booked our room, after viewing many of the reviews on this website, using Travelocity.com. What happened next is a story too long to tell here, but need-less-to-say, when we arrived at the hotel a while later, they had no record of our reservation. Though this was the case, the folks at the front desk could not have been more helpful. They talked with Travelocity, as we did also, and honored the reservation we had made, that Travelocity dropped the ball on. (I do want to say that the woman I talked to at Travelocity.com was very helpful and responsive to trying to get things squared away.) I want to thank Yara, and the gentleman at the front desk for all of their help. They were just excellent in dealing with a situation they did not cause. They took it upon themselves to make things right, and shouldered the responsibility for being sure we got to the room we thought we had booked, and did so as not to stress out two weary travelers. Thank you to the two of them. (I apologize that I do not remember the gentleman's name who was working behind the desk on July 11th.)
Our room was nice. We were generally pleased with it. The only comment that I would have that would not be a positive one, is the fact that our tub/shower had black mold on some parts of the caulking. Some attention to it would take care of the issue. The only other minor annoyance would be the fact that when my wife went to use the work out room in the morning, their were no towels in the towel rack for her to use. Another easy fix with some attention on a regular basis.
As I said in the title it's the people who work at the Double Tree that make this visit special. Not only did they step up at check-in, but during our entire visit we were made to feel like family. If you stay at this hotel their is no need to travel to find a good meal. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Double Tree and they were both excellent. Our dinners were made from fresh ingredients, and many things were recipes made from scratch. I had the she crab soup, and I kid you not, it is one of the best soups/chowders/bisques I have ever had. Absolutely amazing! The service at dinner was excellent as well. The young lady who took care of us did exactly that. In the morning breakfast was no different. Deb greeted us as we entered the restaurant area, and was just great. She was attentive to our needs, and able to answer any question we had. We also met a young fella who was the chef in the morning. He was polite and interested in what you thought of the food, and also had some suggestions for things we didn't want to miss once we hit our destination.
This is a hotel I would go out of my way to stay at again. It is because of the people who work there that I say this. Hilton should be proud of the work their employees do on their behalf. We were made to feel at home, and I hope Hilton recognizes that they have special people at this location who take their work to heart. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ge0iii
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Ge0iii-
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our staff. I will be sharing your comments with our entire team. We invest in each of our employees and I can't tell you how proud I am that they made your stay an enjoyable one. Yara and Clarence were the two individuals that assisted you during check-in and I know that they will be pleased to hear that they made the difference in your stay. Thank you for also checking out our onsite restaurant. Our kitchen staff actually helped create our restaurant menu and provided their own home cooked recipes to ensure our guests would have a meal they can remember and enjoy. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Safe travels!

Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We really enjoyed out stay at Doubletree hotel, the room was excellent, very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay at Doubletree again. The location was excellent and an easy route to the downtown historical and River walk. The location is close to restaurants and shopping.

812lulah-
Hello and thank you for your recent review. Our team greatly appreciates such a high ranking. I also appreciate you pointing out our location as many travelers will find it helpful to understand just how close we are to the Historic District. We enjoyed serving you. Enjoy the summer.

Asheville,NC
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is one of the better hotels that I have enjoyed. Very close to I95 exit and several eating options but the hotel lobby offers a very good selection at a good price. Happy hour every week day. The work out facility and indoor pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. I would absolutely stay here again. Downtown Savannah is only 3 miles to I16 and only 5 min from there. Very close to airport as well1

Uncpig-
To hear you enjoyed our hotel as one of the better hotels you have stayed in during your times of travel is music to my ears. I cannot begin to tell you how much that means to our team. Thank you for checking out our onsite restaurant. We enjoy hosting a happy hour for our guests and have some upcoming specials that will blow everyone away! I hope you can stop in and see us again soon. Thank you again. It was our pleasure serving you.

Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were coming from Miami to Charlotte and decided to stop here to continue our trip on the next day. I wasn't expecting much from an airport hotel, located near the highway, but WOW! This hotel was actually much better than the DoubleTree we were staying in Miami (obviously without the view and amenities). The rooms were new, modern and very comfortable. The beds and pillows were great.

We had dinner at the hotel and aside from being the only ones there at 9:30pm, the chef did a fantastic job and we got a super friendly and personal service. It was a great way to end the long day in the road.

On the down side, our toilet was completely clogged and we only noticed late at night. I did not wanted to call maintenance at 11:30pm with two kids sleeping, but I got surprised that housekeeping let this slide. You should never deliver a room to a guest with some plumbing issue that is checked in a daily basis.

The walls are also thin and we could hear other guests with loud TV and conversation. It did not bother us though, but it may bother other guests.

If you are staying here to go to downtown Savannah, it is kind of far but not that much (25 minutes drive).

Eduardo F-
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are definitely one of the best kept secrets out here at the Airport. I am terribly sorry to hear that you experienced plumbing issues as well as noise from another room. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and stressed how important it is to ensure that everything in a guest suite is up to par so travelers do not encounter the same experiences that you mentioned. I am thankful for your comments as this does allow for us to make the proper corrections for the future. I hope you will utilize the DoubleTree Savannah Airport again when your travels take you through Savannah.

Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Doubletree by Hilton Savannah is a fairly new location, but most of the people seemed seasoned and eager to provide excellent service. Rooms and facilitities were cleaned and well maintained. My two key amenities as a business traveler were internet service and work out room, and they delivered on both (great). The rooms were very comfortable and quiet, although located very close to shopping, restaurants and airport. A great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Donald C-
I am pleased to hear that our hotel was able to accommodate all of your needs while traveling for business. Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope that you will allow our team to serve you again should your business travels bring you back to Savannah. When you make it back our way, I would recommend paying a visit to our on site restaurant as we have some amazing dishes that I am sure you will enjoy. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable Everybody seem nice and helpful. Close to a lot of good places to eat and a lot of stores close by. Down side no complementary breakfast. Also pool is very small. But work out room is nice and everything was clean everything seem well maintained. Would go back agin if we are ever that why.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Nicolas O-

The title you gave our hotel "clean" is definitely a goal we strive for daily. Our customers are happiest when they know they can rest in a hotel that has been cleaned top to bottom. This is something we always strive for. If you like the area now, you are going to love it in the spring of 2015 as the Georgia Outlet Mall is opening up literally a mile away. The area is growing leaps and bounds and I am sure you will be very impressed upon your return. Thank you for your review and we welcome you back to the new DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Airport anytime.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

First trip to Savannah from Charleston. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Ann and Will at the Restaurant were fantastic. They had just changed the menu and it the quality of food was great. My room was clean and comfy plus I was able to take a quick dip in their 24hr indoor pool! I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Coleman M-
Congrats on your first trip to Savannah. I hope you found our city enjoyable. Thank you for joining us in our on site restaurant the "Savannah Kitchen." When you make it back our way, I hope you will be able to join us again and try out additional selections on our menu. My all time favorite is our Shrimp and Grits and then I would definitely go for our homemade She Carb Soup. It's amazing! I am also glad you enjoyed the convenience of our 24 hour pool. I will be sure to look out for you upon your next visit. I look forward to meeting you.