“Yearly 1 night to and from Disney”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #37 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Greenville
“Yearly 1 night to and from Disney”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Right off I95, but tucked away from freeway, quiet street outside and inside hallways and no adjacent room noise. Stayed in 2 queen suite w/sofa bed on way home from WDW. Mini fridge and micro, keurig w/coffee and tea selection, warm home made chocolate chip cookies, the bed was firm and comfortable, Doubletree linens and pillows are wonderful, HHonors floors, clean rooms w/modern decor and fixtures, weights and modern machines in workout room, indoor pool (though very small), but what sets this one apart is the hotel restaurant. It was ridiculously delicious. Our expectations are low for in hotel dining, but the food is fresh, served hot, large portions, and great selections and delicious side items!! Loved the fried alligator, mac and cheese-homemade delicious, red beans and rice-very Cajun w/sausage and southern flavoring and seasoning, and buttery red potato mashed potatoes. Ribeye entree was a large perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned steak that comes with 2 huge portions of sides!! Spent $47 on this meal-unheard of, would've spent more at an equivalent tgifs or chilis. Friendly staff and service, check-in quick and smooth and staff attentive-gave extra towels for the pool. Will definitely stay again next year on the way down and way back up from WDW.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kam0202
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
kam0202-
To hear that your stay with us at the DoubleTree Savannah Airport exceeded your expectations is what we are in business for. Your review is spot on and I see why you are a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor. I know others will find your review to be very beneficial when making their travel arrangements. Our restaurant has been striving to deliver top quality meals that not only exceed our guest expectations, but make them want to return. We are honored to now be part of your yearly Walt Disney World tradition. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. It makes all the difference in the world to us!

Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Powder Springs, GA, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The décor in the hotel and rooms were beautiful. We decided to dine in the lobby at the restaurant and we have to share that the food was the absolute best that we've had in the south. We ordered the Shrimp n Grits, fried alligator and SHE crab soup. Shout out to shelf Tina - the food was cooked to perfection!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carla R
Carla R-
Your review just confirms that we have made all of the right changes in our restaurant. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your review. Our team has worked diligently together to create a menu that encompasses options for our guests that leave them satisfied. Most of the recipes on our menu have been developed from our staff personally. I know our restaurant team will be delighted to hear of the standing ovation you have awarded them. I will be sure to share your comments with them tomorrow morning during our daily huddle. I wish you safe travels and welcome you back to the DoubleTree Savannah Airport when your travels bring you this way.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is easy to find, right near the airport with easy access to restaurants, shopping and major highways to see sights. My room was fantastic very spacious, clean and comfortable! The bed and pillows are worth the price. I traveled for 12 hours. I slept so good, so refreshed each day! What is memorable and the reason I will go back are the staff. Everyone made me feel welcome and at home. Down home yet very professional. Front desk, warm greetings by Stephanie, had my room ready, Deb, had a bright smile, great laugh & good coffee to start my day, Ryan could strike up good conversation and Garry always said hello sir, how's your day! For a weary business traveler, that's always welcome. I fully enjoyed Savannah's warm hospitality!

Room Tip: Get a suite, lots of room to work, relax and spread out!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Howard T
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Howard T-
It was definitely our pleasure hosting you at our hotel during your trip to Savannah. Your made quite an impression on our team and we really enjoyed having you. Thank you for bringing the spirit of Philly with you! I know that our Sales Manager Traci really enjoyed being able to connect with someone from her hometown. Please know that you always have a second home with us whenever you are in Savannah. I wish you safe travels and again, thank you for making such a big impact on our team.

Savannah, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Room was very spacious and clean... Bed was very comfortable with blush pillows. Actually looking for those pillows here in San Antonio area?!?! :) I will say the customer service is what I enjoyed the most! Staff was friendly and very helpful during my entire stay! Being a military member; customer service is what I look for in any establishment I enter. If you have great customer service I will continue coming back. If there is bad customer service, I will not be back and I will forward the information to my other brothers and sisters in arms. So thank you for making my stay pleasant and memorable! My only concern is price... Even with my military discount, the room was a bit costly; as if I was staying in the historic/tourist area. However, I guess it goes back to the saying. "You get what you pay for?!?!"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Joshua F-
First, I would like to thank you for your services. The sacrifices that you and your family make daily to protect our country speaks volumes and I am so greatly for all that you do. Words cannot describe my gratitude and it was a pleasure hosting your family at our hotel. In your review you mentioned the comfort of our bed and our wonderful pillows. If you google DoubleTree at Home you can get everything from our DoubleTree pillows to comforters and even the mattress. I hope you will find everything that you need on our site.
I have shared your review with our team at our morning huddle to show them that their hard work and caring smiles do not go unnoticed. Thank you for recognizing their efforts and sharing your experience for all to see. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice hotel, I booked on line and got a great rate. When I checked-in the front desk clerk implied that I the rate some how did not apply to me (even though it did) but she would let it slide because it was late. I booked the room for 5 people but at check-in it was only ready for 3 people (towels, blankets and sheets).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Jesse F-
Thank you for your recent stay at our property as well as your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and greatly appreciate your 4 star rating. I apologize for the questions you received upon checkin regarding you rate. I will review your reservation with our team and ensure this will serve as a coaching opportunity to make my team more aware of all online promotions. I will also followup with our housekeeping procedures as your room should have been prepared above the standard four guest requirement prior to your arrival. Thank you again for your comments. The information you have provided to us is extremely valuable and allows us to learn from guest experiences and adjust the way we operate to grow and service guests more diligently in the future. Your helping us move from good to great and I am grateful for loyal guests such as yourself. Have a wonderful day!

conyers, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was very pleased with the layout of the room and the cleanliness of the room. The mattress were firm enough. Normally I order a board for the bed because the mattress it too soft. I enjoyed my stay and will stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Lucretia D-
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our brand new DoubleTree Sweet Dreams Bedding package. Our new beds have been receiving rave reviews and I am glad that you were able to rest comfortably. My personal favorite is our down pillows. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to seeing you upon your next return to Savannah.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful experience all in all . All the way from service desk to breakfast and service . We love double tree hotel generally they are known with their good food and my kids loveeee the warm cookies they give at check in :) rooms are spacious , well furnished , lovely.

Stayed July 2014
Ireiny G-
It's all about the cookie! There is nothing like checking in and receiving a warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookie. The fact that our cookie put a smile on your kids faces shows that the DoubleTree brand is doing it right. Your review is greatly appreciated. Enjoy the remainder of your summer and we hope to have you back with us again soon.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!