“Nice Hotel;Need to do better on the small stuff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #37 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel;Need to do better on the small stuff”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel and room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 2 queen bed studio suite w/sofa bed. The size of the room was great and much larger than the Hampton Inns we usually visit. My son loved sleeping on the sofa bed with his own tv. Everything was "clean" but you could see places where vacuuming and dusting hadn't been done in a while. Also we had 4 people in the room and when we arrived there were just 3 towels and 2 hand towels so I asked the front desk and they sent up another towel and 2 hand towels. Funny thing is we stayed 3 days and they always just left 3 new clean towels. The front desk said they just do that with no real reason. No big deal but the small things count. Also, the daily "cleaning" was just making the bed and picking up towels off the floor. It was not cleaned as if someone new was coming in as all other Hilton properties we have visited. Would stay here again esp. for business. The atmosphere is more bus. than family but not by the hotel, more the guests.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
M M-
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is very beneficial and we are learning how to improve in the areas that matter the most to our guests. I have informed our housekeeping department to really take note of the number of people in the room and cater to the needs they have. Cleanliness is the key factor in keeping any guests and we will address any areas in which we were slacking. To hear that overall your stay was enjoyed by all of your guest is very important to us. Our large suites featuring partitioned rooms, sleeper sofas and two flat screen televisions does allow for more comfort and really separates us from the competition. With your review, we will continue to make the changes necessary to please our future guests. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very comfortable large rooms. Cookies were warm and tasty! The area is safe and well lit. The beds are clean and comfortable... The staff was very friendly and this is the best hotel in this area and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Jerry F-
Yes! We are celebrating your review as you have rated us with 5 out of 5 stars. Thank you for trying out the new DoubleTree Savannah Airport and I am very pleased to hear that we have earned your future business. This is just the beginning and I know you will find each stay more enjoyable than the first. Your review is greatly appreciated. I wish you safe travels and welcome your return to the Savannah Airport area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent Staff great service. great location, nice stay........ I would recommend Double Tree in Savannah to other travelers. Only stayed one night but will always look for a Double Tree for my next trip.Cookies soft and hot!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

sulindaw-
It was a pleasure hosting you. We value your business and look forward to having you not only as a loyal DoubleTree member, but as a loyal Hilton member as well. If you have not done so already, may I suggest signing up for our Hilton Honors reward program. You will earn points and miles for any stay at a Hilton property and enjoy the special perks/upgrades our valued members receive. Thank you for your review. We will have our signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies waiting for you upon your return.

Louisville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall, this is a very good hotel for business travelers. Shuttle service from airport was good. Good proximity to food, convenience stores, and the airport. Excellent food at the onsite restaurant. Very good service and rooms were clean and very well kept and modern. The only issues were that the wireless connectivity was not great and there were some loud and obnoxious patrons at the bar after hours. Hopefully the latter was an isolated incident.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Patrick M-
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. Our location as you mentioned is ideal for business travel and with the way the area has expanded, everything you need is right here. In Spring of 2015 the Outlet Mall of Georgia will be opening and thus add further options for our guests less than one mile from the hotel. I did want to apologize that other guests at our bar caused a disturbance during your stay. This was definitely an isolated incident. I have instructed our bar staff to be mindful of patrons who seem to be enjoying themselves a little too much and how to handle guests during these times. Thank you for informing me that you experienced trouble with the Internet. We did test the strength of the wireless from each floor and corner of the building and all seems to be up and running. I hope this too was an isolated incident, but I will keep my eyes on it. Your review has been very helpful and we hope to serve you again when in Savannah.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

well first off I would say its the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in. The front desk staff was awesome,easy check in and I was there early about 245. Went upstairs to my room and was pleasantly shocked at the room. Nice size two TVs and extremely clean. ( only negative was mildew in the shower around the soap holders). Went to the bar to eat and ran into Michelle the bartender. Extremely friendly and genuinely seemed interested in my true but somewhat long stories. Food was great, had the ribeye which was perfect. Checkout was a breeze. In my future trips I will either lengthen or shorten my travel so I can stay there again. I hope the staff gets paid what they are worth.

• Stayed August 2014
rotag1962-
Thank you for recognizing Michelle our wonderful Bartender. She is one of our best and we are lucky to have her. All of my staff is priceless, so I could never truly pay her what she is worth, but I assure you we value her greatly. Thank you for notifying me of the minor issues you found in your guest suite. I have placed my engineering team on that right away and that will be fixed immediately. It is great to know what overall your trip went smoothly and I hope that your future trips to Savannah will keep you here longer. My recommendation for your return visit- Shrimp and Grits! You will love it.

Thank you again!

Greenville
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Right off I95, but tucked away from freeway, quiet street outside and inside hallways and no adjacent room noise. Stayed in 2 queen suite w/sofa bed on way home from WDW. Mini fridge and micro, keurig w/coffee and tea selection, warm home made chocolate chip cookies, the bed was firm and comfortable, Doubletree linens and pillows are wonderful, HHonors floors, clean rooms w/modern decor and fixtures, weights and modern machines in workout room, indoor pool (though very small), but what sets this one apart is the hotel restaurant. It was ridiculously delicious. Our expectations are low for in hotel dining, but the food is fresh, served hot, large portions, and great selections and delicious side items!! Loved the fried alligator, mac and cheese-homemade delicious, red beans and rice-very Cajun w/sausage and southern flavoring and seasoning, and buttery red potato mashed potatoes. Ribeye entree was a large perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned steak that comes with 2 huge portions of sides!! Spent $47 on this meal-unheard of, would've spent more at an equivalent tgifs or chilis. Friendly staff and service, check-in quick and smooth and staff attentive-gave extra towels for the pool. Will definitely stay again next year on the way down and way back up from WDW.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank kam0202
kam0202-
To hear that your stay with us at the DoubleTree Savannah Airport exceeded your expectations is what we are in business for. Your review is spot on and I see why you are a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor. I know others will find your review to be very beneficial when making their travel arrangements. Our restaurant has been striving to deliver top quality meals that not only exceed our guest expectations, but make them want to return. We are honored to now be part of your yearly Walt Disney World tradition. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. It makes all the difference in the world to us!

Powder Springs, GA, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The décor in the hotel and rooms were beautiful. We decided to dine in the lobby at the restaurant and we have to share that the food was the absolute best that we've had in the south. We ordered the Shrimp n Grits, fried alligator and SHE crab soup. Shout out to shelf Tina - the food was cooked to perfection!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carla R
Carla R-
Your review just confirms that we have made all of the right changes in our restaurant. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your review. Our team has worked diligently together to create a menu that encompasses options for our guests that leave them satisfied. Most of the recipes on our menu have been developed from our staff personally. I know our restaurant team will be delighted to hear of the standing ovation you have awarded them. I will be sure to share your comments with them tomorrow morning during our daily huddle. I wish you safe travels and welcome you back to the DoubleTree Savannah Airport when your travels bring you this way.