All reviewscambria suitessavannah airportdouble treecookiessitting areaindoor poolbreakfast buffetrooms are spaciousnice propertysofa bedfront desk staffminute drivecoffee makerwould highly recommend this hoteldefinitely stay here againupon checkhistoric district
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I haven't stayed at a Doubletree in a few years. After this visit, I will be checking out Doubletree again. The room was great. Nice King Suite and comfortable bed. Very close to the airport. It's a bit of a drive to the historic district, but I was just there overnight so didn't mind. Didn't have any interaction with the staff, other than a check-in when they gave me the traditional chocolate chip cookie to welcome me. No complaints. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Steve H-
Thank you for trying out the new DoubleTree Savannah Airport while you were in town. It's great to know that our hotel made such a difference in your stay that you are now considering staying at other DoubleTree hotels when traveling. Our staff is one of the best and upon your return trip, I hope you will be able to spend more time at the hotel to experience the shinning stars we have on our team. Being 12-15 minutes away from the Historic District is a pretty easy drive as we sit right next to the highway. What you save in parking fees and WiFi access alone from staying in the Downtown location, makes the drive worth it. Congratulations on being a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor and sharing your review on our hotel with the world. You efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel and room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 2 queen bed studio suite w/sofa bed. The size of the room was great and much larger than the Hampton Inns we usually visit. My son loved sleeping on the sofa bed with his own tv. Everything was "clean" but you could see places where vacuuming and dusting hadn't been done in a while. Also we had 4 people in the room and when we arrived there were just 3 towels and 2 hand towels so I asked the front desk and they sent up another towel and 2 hand towels. Funny thing is we stayed 3 days and they always just left 3 new clean towels. The front desk said they just do that with no real reason. No big deal but the small things count. Also, the daily "cleaning" was just making the bed and picking up towels off the floor. It was not cleaned as if someone new was coming in as all other Hilton properties we have visited. Would stay here again esp. for business. The atmosphere is more bus. than family but not by the hotel, more the guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

M M-
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is very beneficial and we are learning how to improve in the areas that matter the most to our guests. I have informed our housekeeping department to really take note of the number of people in the room and cater to the needs they have. Cleanliness is the key factor in keeping any guests and we will address any areas in which we were slacking. To hear that overall your stay was enjoyed by all of your guest is very important to us. Our large suites featuring partitioned rooms, sleeper sofas and two flat screen televisions does allow for more comfort and really separates us from the competition. With your review, we will continue to make the changes necessary to please our future guests. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very comfortable large rooms. Cookies were warm and tasty! The area is safe and well lit. The beds are clean and comfortable... The staff was very friendly and this is the best hotel in this area and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Jerry F-
Yes! We are celebrating your review as you have rated us with 5 out of 5 stars. Thank you for trying out the new DoubleTree Savannah Airport and I am very pleased to hear that we have earned your future business. This is just the beginning and I know you will find each stay more enjoyable than the first. Your review is greatly appreciated. I wish you safe travels and welcome your return to the Savannah Airport area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent Staff great service. great location, nice stay........ I would recommend Double Tree in Savannah to other travelers. Only stayed one night but will always look for a Double Tree for my next trip.Cookies soft and hot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

sulindaw-
It was a pleasure hosting you. We value your business and look forward to having you not only as a loyal DoubleTree member, but as a loyal Hilton member as well. If you have not done so already, may I suggest signing up for our Hilton Honors reward program. You will earn points and miles for any stay at a Hilton property and enjoy the special perks/upgrades our valued members receive. Thank you for your review. We will have our signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies waiting for you upon your return.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall, this is a very good hotel for business travelers. Shuttle service from airport was good. Good proximity to food, convenience stores, and the airport. Excellent food at the onsite restaurant. Very good service and rooms were clean and very well kept and modern. The only issues were that the wireless connectivity was not great and there were some loud and obnoxious patrons at the bar after hours. Hopefully the latter was an isolated incident.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Patrick M-
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. Our location as you mentioned is ideal for business travel and with the way the area has expanded, everything you need is right here. In Spring of 2015 the Outlet Mall of Georgia will be opening and thus add further options for our guests less than one mile from the hotel. I did want to apologize that other guests at our bar caused a disturbance during your stay. This was definitely an isolated incident. I have instructed our bar staff to be mindful of patrons who seem to be enjoying themselves a little too much and how to handle guests during these times. Thank you for informing me that you experienced trouble with the Internet. We did test the strength of the wireless from each floor and corner of the building and all seems to be up and running. I hope this too was an isolated incident, but I will keep my eyes on it. Your review has been very helpful and we hope to serve you again when in Savannah.